WTT: 2004 srt-10 with 7K miles, loaded, looking for....

well lets see, piss poor fuel mileage, rides awful, handles awful, tires are expensive, not really all that fast, brakes squeal, drink holder doesnt work, leather seat is already worn out, oil changes are high, jerks all over the road, hard to get into and out of, engine light has already come on, engine vibrates and is very rough- doesnt idle well, sure I missed some other things too.

srteric said:
well lets see, piss poor fuel mileage, rides awful, handles awful, tires are expensive, not really all that fast, brakes squeal, drink holder doesnt work, leather seat is already worn out, oil changes are high, jerks all over the road, hard to get into and out of, engine light has already come on, engine vibrates and is very rough- doesnt idle well, sure I missed some other things too.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.........;) :p :D :eek: :dontknow:

j/k bro............Hope ya get what ya want........

SD

srteric said:

Wow with that kind of description I'm sure you'll get lots of takers:D J/K hope you get what you want:burnout:

srteric said:
:idea: Go to chevy dealer and trade your dodge.:D

srteric said:

I'm not defending the truck but a thorough test drive and inspection probably would have saved you cash. Of course, I wasn't looking for comfort, fuel economy or handling. I understand your frustration but there's more to owning a vehicle than sticker price. For what it's worth, man, I do wish I would have gone with a L sometimes because I fall in and out of love with my truck weekly.

I hope you find what you're looking for but the tires are going to be expensive on any of those other cars/trucks. Unless you're really short or just a fat body I don't see how difficult it could be to get in and out of this truck, though.

Hold onto the truck for another year or so and trade it in on a Silverado 427. I like my SRT-10 alot but when the 427 comes out, I'm tradin'.

There was a guy on here with a GTO looking to trade for a SRT-10...going back a couple of months. look through the buy/sell threads..I'll see if I can find it

srteric said:
well lets see,
Okay. Let us.
srteric said:
piss poor fuel mileage,
Yeah, but the other rides you listed are so much better on gas. Going from 10 mpg to 13 mpg will surely get you that boat quicker.
srteric said:
rides awful, handles awful,
Compared to a Maybach, yeah. It's a high-performance vehicle, and a truck at that.
srteric said:
tires are expensive,
But they'll be cheaper on the other rides you listed?
srteric said:
not really all that fast,
Compared to? A funny car? You're right.
srteric said:
brakes squeal,
This is such an easy fix, I'm not even going to bother mocking it.
srteric said:
drink holder doesnt work,
This one I agree with you upon. The drink holders suck.
srteric said:
leather seat is already worn out,
Stop wearing sandpaper suits. I've got almost 12K mi. on my daily driver and the seats look new.
srteric said:
oil changes are high,
Compared to? A Camry? Yep. Most folks here do it themselves, with some help from the prices at Walmart.
srteric said:
jerks all over the road,
You'll get this in any vehicle you drive.
I promise.
srteric said:
hard to get into and out of,
But a Silverado SS will be easier?
srteric said:
engine light has already come on,
"Hello? Yeah, my local 5-star dealer...I have a vehicle that's under warranty and the 'check engine' light came on."
Whew....need a nap after that phone call.
srteric said:
engine vibrates and is very rough- doesnt idle well,
Again, you didn't buy a Taurus. This is a high-perfomance machine. Ever seen John Force sipping coffee at the tree? Me neither.
srteric said:
sure I missed some other things too.
I got all day (and night).

not worth the fight about it, buy something else and we will see you back on the site saying wow that truck was awsome, now I miss the SRT-10 soo much. I have not 1 complaint about my truck and I am selling the Camaro so i can completely concentrate on my baby, ill never sell it.

Well, at least you didn't say your "truck was the biggest mistake of your life!" :idea: :D ;)

Good luck Bro. GTOs are going pretty cheap right now... Hope you get what you are looking for. :) :burnout:

The only vehicle I would even consider is a viper coupe. I would love to keep both truck and coupe, but if I has to choose, it would be tough. But non of the vehicles listed above would tempt me to get rid of the truck :)

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

P.S - Is this a QC or RC??

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back