X Metal Engineering

spe_chati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is Gary Virgin still around? I am having a bunch of problems getting everything to work well with my Paxton set up and the split second controller that I bought with Gary's "special program" on it, and have been leaving messages for weeks with no calls back. I have to say that I am not too impressed so far, I would think there would be some support when you spend what I did. Anybody have any suggestions in reaching him?

He is no longer a Vendor here (since a long time ago) due to the customer service he provided to our members. You might be able to find him on the viper club / viper alley sites.

spe_chati said:
Is Gary Virgin still around? I am having a bunch of problems getting everything to work well with my Paxton set up and the split second controller that I bought with Gary's "special program" on it, and have been leaving messages for weeks with no calls back. I have to say that I am not too impressed so far, I would think there would be some support when you spend what I did. Anybody have any suggestions in reaching him?

dammm dude - good luck, suck's to hear this :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

X-METAL

I Had Ordered Some Door Sills From Him, They Arrived Damaged, It Was A Big Friggin Deal To Ger Them Replaced. He Mad Me Wait For UPS To Pay For Them. Then The Ones On The Site Were Highlighted Red, The Ones I Got Were Not. Nobody Knew Anything. NOT HAPPY OR IMPRESSED On The WAY I WAS TREATED!!! Wont Be Going Back. :evil:

I would recommend finding someone else to tune it, my local tuner picked up 80hp on the first pull over the x-metal tune, its lame at best.
Justin

DIABLO_X22 said:
I Had Ordered Some Door Sills From Him, They Arrived Damaged, It Was A Big Friggin Deal To Ger Them Replaced. He Mad Me Wait For UPS To Pay For Them. Then The Ones On The Site Were Highlighted Red, The Ones I Got Were Not. Nobody Knew Anything. NOT HAPPY OR IMPRESSED On The WAY I WAS TREATED!!! Wont Be Going Back. :evil:

Upon close inspection of your post, i realized what made it stand out and look so different. You push SHIFT KEY at the beginning of every word.
How did you pick up that habit?

Don't know if any other charged 10's have had the same issues, but maybe if I lay it out there someone has some experience. Paxton set up with x-metal heat exchanger, x-metal intercooler, x-metal ice box, x-metal set up fuel pumps, x-metal throttle body, split second controller with x-metal custom flash, bassani short headers, JMB 3" catless mids, magnaflow cat back. The issue I am having is that the truck runs well at first, pulls hard, runs right where it needs to at WOT, after it idles for 10 minutes, at about 6000 rpm it leans out. My mechanic (who works only on charged and boosted vehicles) can not figure out what is going on. He is considering taking the split second controller out, and doing all of the programming direct through the stock ECM, but that is looking at time. A lot of it on the dyno. I have had the truck there since February, thinking it would be kickin' for the summer, and no dice. So it sits and racks up no more miles, but also turns another year older. It is the most expensive truck I own that I never drive (poor me, LOL). Any thoughts would be SUPER helpful, as I know several of the members of the forum are charged and running strong.

Thanks in advance guys.

a cheaper suggestion would be find another tuner like justin says
pulled off of a search engine
Gary Virgin
8100 Blessing Way · Evansville
(812) 985-2895

http://www.esuperbike.com/ his bike shop

Last edited:
You don't want to get me started on Gary... lets just say I haven't driven my truck for two years, almost entirely because of him. Go ahead and count everything invested with him as a loss and move on with your life.

Take the split second off (I'd wager your problems have to do with poor wiring). Buy an SCT tuner with a basic tune already in it. Get your guy to modify that tune for your specific truck on the dyno. By far the fastest and cheapest way to accomplish what you are trying to do. ALSO have him go through absolutely everything that Gary did to your truck, all the way down to whether or not every bolt is tight or even there. Personally I despise that fuel pump setup so I'd get your guy to look at some other options there while he has it.

JMB Justin said:
I would recommend finding someone else to tune it, my local tuner picked up 80hp on the first pull over the x-metal tune, its lame at best.
Justin

Justin,
Who did you have re-tune yours? My mechanic is pretty good, and can probably do the retune (extremely computer savvy), he is just looking for some guidance and maybe where to start.
Effin' Gary, sold me the "custom tune" for an additional $500, and GUARANTEED an extra 70 hp over the stock tune. :mad: I wish there was an Eric Cartman Southpark angry face emoticon here. That would possibly convey my irritation with this whole situation.

spe_chati said:
Justin,
Who did you have re-tune yours? My mechanic is pretty good, and can probably do the retune (extremely computer savvy), he is just looking for some guidance and maybe where to start.
Effin' Gary, sold me the "custom tune" for an additional $500, and GUARANTEED an extra 70 hp over the stock tune. :mad: I wish there was an Eric Cartman Southpark angry face emoticon here. That would possibly convey my irritation with this whole situation.
just know your not by yourself bro. others have been where your at.

Scrambler1 said:
You don't want to get me started on Gary... lets just say I haven't driven my truck for two years, almost entirely because of him. Go ahead and count everything invested with him as a loss and move on with your life.

Take the split second off (I'd wager your problems have to do with poor wiring). Buy an SCT tuner with a basic tune already in it. Get your guy to modify that tune for your specific truck on the dyno. By far the fastest and cheapest way to accomplish what you are trying to do. ALSO have him go through absolutely everything that Gary did to your truck, all the way down to whether or not every bolt is tight or even there. Personally I despise that fuel pump setup so I'd get your guy to look at some other options there while he has it.

Luckily Gary never touched my truck, I just bought the parts from him. I have had my local mechanic install everything, and I am confident that he wired and installed everything correctly, however I do hear what you are saying about cutting my losses. He has also suggested going with an Areomotive fuel pump set up from the start, but said since I already had $800 in this pump set up (which I had to replace to begin with because Todd Jones who I bought the charger from never sent it to me, and ALSO never returned my calls after I wired the $$ to him). I may just go ahead and switch out the controller, and fuel pump and hopefully drive the friggin' truck before the summer is completely gone.

eddie102870 said:
a cheaper suggestion would be find another tuner like justin says
pulled off of a search engine
Gary Virgin
8100 Blessing Way · Evansville
(812) 985-2895

http://www.esuperbike.com/ his bike shop

Eddie, You are the man..... I am calling him at the bike shop now. I will let you know if I get him. Wish me luck.

spe_chati said:
Justin,

Justin uses Joe of "performance by joe". I use him myself he rocks:rock: :rock: hes a member here, you can look up his profile.

mosrt10 said:
Justin uses Joe of "performance by joe". I use him myself he rocks:rock: :rock: hes a member here, you can look up his profile.
Every story has two sides.

Some folks have had great dealings with Performance by Joe. Some have not. I recommend doing a search about customer service from Joe before you make a decision.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back