X-Metal Generation IV Shifter Review / Ratings !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotshots said:
Wow.. when are you two getting married as it sounds like your in love.. ha.ha.ha. In all seriousness i have to say that if this shifter is as good as what it's maker says it is then it looks like the business.. Please please if more guys have bought and installed this i would really love to hear your opinions and beers are on me.. Im really standing on the sidelines and want to grab one but want to here what owner drivers say..
cheers
shane
Shane,
I think RedSRT007 is the only one who has tried one besides Boomer. They haven't shipped any yet. I am like you, I want to order one but I want to get some more feedback first.:dontknow:

Hey there ViperT,
Like the pic of your truck on the grass it looks great.. If you hear of anyone that hooks up another one of Gary's shifter i would love to hear..
cheers
shane

ViperTruck2933 said:
Shane,
I think RedSRT007 is the only one who has tried one besides Boomer. They haven't shipped any yet. I am like you, I want to order one but I want to get some more feedback first.:dontknow:

pat you are the man! I will be interested to see if your times improve w/ the gen4 over the stocker. will you be posting actual times or just differences between runs? either will work! when you going to the track?

I bought this truck to go to the track...can you guess which one i ordered!!!!!

BigBlackQC said:
Boomer, I'm down for a shifter for an '03 Z06 Vette! Are you working on one for the C5 or C6?
c5 right now bub, man they are tiny little shifters in the Vettes. there is MAJOR room for improvment!

Boomer or Red....havev either of you tried powershifting w/ the gen IV??? I managed a couple 1-2 power shifts w/ the stocker but missed a few as well.

hotshots said:
Wow.. when are you two getting married as it sounds like your in love.. ha.ha.ha. In all seriousness i have to say that if this shifter is as good as what it's maker says it is then it looks like the business.. Please please if more guys have bought and installed this i would really love to hear your opinions and beers are on me.. Im really standing on the sidelines and want to grab one but want to here what owner drivers say..
cheers
shane

Shane,

I am not in bed with anybody.:p ;)
I don't have a 6 spd T56 in my truck anymore, or plan to run one.
I am using a Mike's Ultimate Vasco 400 w/brake and a Neal Chance bolt together ProMod Converter, with a Precision Performance Products Reverse pattern air assisted shifter. This shifter cost me much more than Garys does with what I have it equiped with. I gladly pay that price beacuse it works.

I just want the best parts I can get my hands on.
Look at the pictures of my Chevelle that Patrick posted for me yesterday.
I do not want to have to redo or buy anything twice if I can help it. Too many parts don't work well and when I see something that actually works I jump on that part.
Most of the parts/pieces that I buy are obscenly expensive.
That is to try and eliminate preventable failures and ensure repeatability.
I just see what has been done here and I applaud the engineering and Quality involved.

Racing is a disease, and I am badly infected with no forseeable cure.

Rice Eater said:
Boomer or Red....havev either of you tried powershifting w/ the gen IV??? I managed a couple 1-2 power shifts w/ the stocker but missed a few as well.
oh yeah, Patrick had me on speaker phone when he was doing full throttle up shifts from 2nd-3rd. i have done MUCHO powershifting with the new shifter, works great.:)

BOOMER said:
oh yeah, Patrick had me on speaker phone when he was doing full throttle up shifts from 2nd-3rd. i have done MUCHO powershifting with the new shifter, works great.:)

Boomer is correct, there is NO problem doing powershifts from 2-3rd

as Boomer said, I had him on speakerphone for the ride :D

RedSrt007 said:
Boomer is correct, there is NO problem doing powershifts from 2-3rd

as Boomer said, I had him on speakerphone for the ride :D

hahahhah that is awesome guys!!! I can't imagine the gains we'll see in the 1/4 mile from this! QC's are gonna be TOAST!!!!!!! I am looking forward to this mod more than any other!!! :rock: :burnout:

Rice Eater said:
hahahhah that is awesome guys!!! I can't imagine the gains we'll see in the 1/4 mile from this! QC's are gonna be TOAST!!!!!!! I am looking forward to this mod more than any other!!! :rock: :burnout:

you should be...its one of the best mods you'll ever REALLY notice

Maybe mine will be here tomorrow or Thursday !!!!!!!?????????
I will post my opinions.Everything else has been just as advertised,so I don't expect any less on the shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back