X-Metal GenX Shifter User Reviews:

BOOMER said:
right on, and i am sorry for your troubles, the best way is to put the stainless stick, wrapped in a rag, in a vice and then chase the threads. the cutter bit on our cnc lathe might have been dull and didnt cut your threads clean on the end. i like top chamfer the end to a 45 degree chamfer then run my thread die down and clean it up.

Cool, I will see what I can do, thanks.

Gaboon said:
Can you elaborate on how tough it was to get on? I can just get the ball started and than I would have to put serious effort on it to twist it down. On the factory shifter the ball just spins off and on. I dont want to strip anything.
I'm sure the threads tapped into my ball were crap to begin with. I went through a small part of hell taking the stock stick off. By the end it had its threads chewed off.

Going to the new stick, I pretty much had to do as Boomer described. I wrapped it, clamped it, and double-fisted it down... twice considering I cut the upper 2/3 off a week later. It got a little easier each time though...:p

Gaboon said:
Maybe I am being a pussy but I just dont want to ruin anything.
I don't know you well enough to make that call. Maybe someone else could chime in and give their opinion. J/K :D

Just do what was suggested earlier and chase the threads with a tap just to make sure everything is good to go.

Well, I just finished it up. I did end up chasing the threads with a tap and it worked. This shifter is pretty sweet. It really takes all the guess work out of what gear you are in. What I like the most is when you are plowing through the gears. Just before you let out the clutch from shifting from second to third. My brain would always say "I hope you are in 3rd and not 2nd." All of those concerns are now a thing of the past. I bet this thing is really sweet with the upgraded viper master slave. Thank you all for your help and opinions, and thank you Boomer for such a great product.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back