X-Metal lowering kit help

By By Money

Reaction score
OK, I purchased my 05 QC SRT around 9 Months ago and have been having ride issues ever since.

The previous owner had put a spring over kit on the rear and cut the front springs and the truck was horrible to drive. (Not the best way to do it)

I have since replaced this with a full X-Metal lowering kit which included upgraded springs, shocks and bump stops on the front and replaced the rear spring over kit, shocks and cut the bump stops down per the installation info provided.

I am used to performance suspension having a rougher ride and I expected this with this kit, however the truck still is extremely rough to drive as it bottoms out very very easily. Even worse is if you hit a bump mid corner the steering goes very light.

The previous owner had also put on 45 series tires instead of the stock 40 series and I have also noticed the inner fender wells on the front and rear have been rubbing the tires and also the outer edge of the rear tire have been slightly cut by the wheel arch.

Looking at photo’s of other lowered tracks I do not believe that mine is running any lower.

Does anyone else have issues with their lowering kit and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

The issue with X-metal is if you need a part, or customer service, you will be out of luck, as X-metal is an X-vendor, and no longer makes items for our trucks.

Get a kit from JTSVP, a vendor here..Tony will take great care of you and has great customer service.

If you still have your old Bilstein shocks put them back on, will work fine and ride much better.

FATJACK said:
If you still have your old Bilstein shocks put them back on, will work fine and ride much better.

:withstupid:
When I got my kit put on, the guy asked me about the shocks. I looked at him as serious as can be and told him to throw them away. :p

FATJACK said:
Low enough apparently...

What I meant was how long do they last in such a compressed state before they get blown out? I know that if you were to install lowering springs on many cars without also installing some sort of adjustable strut/shock- they will get blown out in a matter of months.

on an RC the oem bilsteins work best, they are very high dollar quality shocks and you want have a problem with them at all on an RC

now on the QC kit refered to, I will not diss or talk of other kits, but will say our kit has front springs that were designed for the srt especially , we took an oem spring , lowered the ride height plus we added ten percent to the spring rate, most of our competitors use a hemi spring which has a different rate and lets the front end bounce, and most of the rear flip kits do not weld in , and have had many customers rear axles flip up, under hard acceleration, ours weld in

now to slow your problem, loose the shocks that came with your kit, get some oem front bilsteins, they will work the best, if not a good nitro shock, the oem rear will not work, you need to change to a good nitro shock, we use a belltech , and most of our customers have great succes and many miles on them.

but I have sold a many a front spring to replace the competitors for the very same reason as what you are experincing, but start with the shocks, that will be the firt place, if not mistaken all you have is a $10 monroe magnum withyour kit

I have the McGaughys and mine rides rough also (just the rear)..but I think my rear shocks are blown (bilsteins) this kit comes with shock extensions to keep your factory suspension

I think having a good truck lowering kit would be a key here. Installing it properly would also be a good way in making things right and you would be able to really compensate all the things that you can have. I hope that all is well by now in this one.

------------------
truck lowering kits

on an RC the oem bilsteins work best, they are very high dollar quality shocks and you want have a problem with them at all on an RC

now on the QC kit refered to, I will not diss or talk of other kits, but will say our kit has front springs that were designed for the srt especially , we took an oem spring , lowered the ride height plus we added ten percent to the spring rate, most of our competitors use a hemi spring which has a different rate and lets the front end bounce, and most of the rear flip kits do not weld in , and have had many customers rear axles flip up, under hard acceleration, ours weld in

now to slow your problem, loose the shocks that came with your kit, get some oem front bilsteins, they will work the best, if not a good nitro shock, the oem rear will not work, you need to change to a good nitro shock, we use a belltech , and most of our customers have great succes and many miles on them.

but I have sold a many a front spring to replace the competitors for the very same reason as what you are experincing, but start with the shocks, that will be the firt place, if not mistaken all you have is a $10 monroe magnum withyour kit
Hi there,

Which Belltech shock Part#'s will fit a flipped axle config. , that lowered the truck 4" ????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back