X-metal O2 sims

sapientiam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question from you guys with the xmetal catless mids.

I recently bought them as well, and i noticed on the O2 sims he sent me that they are for 2002-2003 only, and they clearly say that will not work on the 2004+ models.

I was wondering if he sent me the wrong ones, or if these indeed work?

Thanks!!

Yes they will work. You MAY need to cut off the tabs on the sides to fit into the trucks 'stock' connectors. You'll see what I mean once you look and try to fit them in. Also, some trucks the wires need to be reversed on the O2 sims. You won't know until they are installed and the little LED's either blink or not. It's no big deal. I used a paper clip to "unlock" the wire out of the connector. I first practiced/learned on one of the "old" O2 sensor before doing it on the 'new' O2 sims. Once you have the catless mids installed you won't believe the sound, F'ing AWESOME:rock: :rock:

Madduc said:
Yes they will work. You MAY need to cut off the tabs on the sides to fit into the trucks 'stock' connectors. You'll see what I mean once you look and try to fit them in. Also, some trucks the wires need to be reversed on the O2 sims. You won't know until they are installed and the little LED's either blink or not. It's no big deal. I used a paper clip to "unlock" the wire out of the connector. I first practiced/learned on one of the "old" O2 sensor before doing it on the 'new' O2 sims. Once you have the catless mids installed you won't believe the sound, F'ing AWESOME:rock: :rock:
THANKS JOE! Gotta love this group. yep, the packaging says that, but they are correct. like Joe said, you will need to file off one of the mounting tabs, (it has a picture of the procedure on the package)
you may need to reverse the yellow & pink wires, its a 50/50 shot. on the sym plug it has a yellow plastic retainer inside. pull that out, then use a paperclip or the like & unlock the terminal tabs that hold the wire terminals in place. this is only needed if the leds are not blinking/and or the 02 fuse has blown. it can blow because the 2 wires that feed the sym are 12v and ground for the 02 sensors internal heater. on that it doesnt matter which is 12v & which is ground. BUt on the sym it powers the circuit board, so if they are reversed it becomes a dead short & you will blow a fuse.

so if you try the wires one way and it is incorrect does it blow the fuse?

Do the LED's blink when the truck is off or running?

I just had to file one of the ridges of of the plug. Worked perfect.

Bill.

Well, I just got my mids, sims, and magnaflow from Boomer last Friday. I put them on over the weekend and my #49 fuse blowed up and the CEL light came on! Just this evening, I had time to switch the yellow and pink wires (took about 10 mins) on the sims, and sure enough, it works like a charm. No codes...the LED's flash, and she purrs like a kitten! THANK YOU BOOMER!

I'll be installing the EBC pads on Saturday!

Last edited:
dilly03 said:
Well, I just got my mids, sims, and magnaflow from Boomer last Friday. I put them on over the weekend and my #49 fuse blowed up and the CEL light came on! Just this evening, I had time to switch the yellow and pink wires (took about 10 mins) on the sims, and sure enough, I works like a charm. No codes...the LED's flash, and she purrs like a kitten! THANK YOU BOOMER!

I'll be installing the EBC pads on Saturday!
saweet thanks bro!

OK i put in my sims and the led didnt come on. . . so i took the yellow clip out and im fooling around in there with a paper clip and have no freakin clue how to get the wire loose?

any tips?

turbo_neon said:
OK i put in my sims and the led didnt come on. . . so i took the yellow clip out and im fooling around in there with a paper clip and have no freakin clue how to get the wire loose?

any tips?
will wiggling the paper clip ( i prefer a jewlers screwdriver, something that you can push more with) push the wire towards the plug in to take the tension off the lock clip, while doing that push and wiggle the screw driver, then pull the wire out. the wire terminal end has a barb that sticks up, so when you try to pull the wire out it gets tighter in the plug. you need to depress the clip so it can be pulled out. its like a barb on a fich hook, except this one you can depress.
now you may ALSO have blown the fuse, so you need to just plug the syms in 1 at time & make sure its just one, not both that need to be swapped. so repalce the fuse & 1 at a time plug the sym in, and recheck the fuse/led blinking when the truck is running

well i looked under the hood and the highest fuse number is 42?!?!

Is there another fuse pannel? What dose that fuse acctually go to?

turbo_neon said:
well i looked under the hood and the highest fuse number is 42?!?!

Is there another fuse pannel? What dose that fuse acctually go to?

Wierd? That must have changed for 06 too. There should be a fuse labeled "O2 sensors" in the owner's manual or on the under side of the lid.

alrighty thanks! I looked in the fuse thing to see if anything close to 02 sensor

How many of you guys have had to switch the wires, I was thinking I should just switch em since the majority of you seem to have switched them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back