X-Metal OUT.............who's got the BBK

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW THIS THING SUCKS WITH CRUISE CONTROL................................

AND I LIKE CRUISE CONTROL! IT IS THE HUNTING'EST POS I'VE EVER SEEN AND I'VE BEEN AROUND SOME HUNTING ENGINES IN MY TIME.

IT WOULD GO FROM 20" OF VACUM TO 2 LBS OF BOOST! THATS A HELL OF A SWING...................... MAYBE A HELIX SPACER WOULD HELP?

ANYONE PUT AT BBK ON THEIR TRUCK YET?

I don't have an aftermarket throttle body but from the descriptions of them they are "very responsive". I guess it's more like an on/off switch without any middle ground. This may be what your experiencing. Good luck.

actually Ike it may be in the tune also, mine did it for awhile and had it retuned and it went away bro.

but no the BBK isnt ready for the QC's yet sir.
and I think the hunting he is talking about Begood is the throttle will fluctuate. sorta like pumpin the pedal as you go down the road, it jsut cant find a steady rythym

Mine runs dead perfect on cruise and GREAT gas mileage,it is when I hit bumps and jar my foot on the accelerator that it responds instantly and causes the truck to jump.

Tony is right about the tunes affecting it.The X-Metal tune didn't show this "problem" aka : SUPER-responsiveness but the DC Performance tune made it quite obvious.

All depends on what you are after.

It feels like I'm in a taxi driven by a 80 Singaporean.........................

hunting is when you try to maintain a rpm and the engine varies in rpm up and down.

I'll see if it does it with the 8degree card in it.

bigike said:
WOW THIS THING SUCKS WITH CRUISE CONTROL................................

AND I LIKE CRUISE CONTROL! IT IS THE HUNTING'EST POS I'VE EVER SEEN AND I'VE BEEN AROUND SOME HUNTING ENGINES IN MY TIME.

IT WOULD GO FROM 20" OF VACUM TO 2 LBS OF BOOST! THATS A HELL OF A SWING...................... MAYBE A HELIX SPACER WOULD HELP?

ANYONE PUT AT BBK ON THEIR TRUCK YET?

Got the same problem plus under boost it keeps hanging up on me with the throttle open a couple more rpms than it should. I tried tinkering with the dam thing over and over. I hate that throttle body personally, want a bbk too and im waiting for it to be released. I called dc perf and they said its still being worked on, im just waiting patiently, you may have to as well sir, unless one of these fine members knows more about the bbk release than me.

Mine has NEVER hung up and I loved it until I got a different tune

Since I like the new tune ,I am just going back to stock TB (well,almost stock)

HOT RAM said:
Mine has NEVER hung up and I loved it until I got a different tune

Since I like the new tune ,I am just going back to stock TB (well,almost stock)

im getting tired of waiting myself, if by spring bbk isnt out, im just giving it up for a stock one personally. Ive tinkered all I can and im done, even tried to get ahold of gary a few times for help ................yea right.............:(

Hmmm....the only thing I have noticed with mine is the throttle is very responsive. Which means when the cruise control gives it throttle it accelerates quickly. I would guess this is because it's a large single blade TB, which allows more air to flow than a stock one. And Dodge calibrated the cruise control for the stock TB.

In my opinion if you don't like that, you will need to run a two blade TB.

Bill.

Begood said:
Hmmm....the only thing I have noticed with mine is the throttle is very responsive. Which means when the cruise control gives it throttle it accelerates quickly. I would guess this is because it's a large single blade TB, which allows more air to flow than a stock one. And Dodge calibrated the cruise control for the stock TB.

In my opinion if you don't like that, you will need to run a two blade TB.

Bill.

I don't think there's really anything you can do about it with the ROE. When the cruise goes to accelerate a little, you get 1-2 lbs of boost and you feel that:dontknow:

LoveThisTruck said:
I don't think there's really anything you can do about it with the ROE. When the cruise goes to accelerate a little, you get 1-2 lbs of boost and you feel that:dontknow:
Yes, I agree.

Bill.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
im getting tired of waiting myself, if by spring bbk isnt out, im just giving it up for a stock one personally. Ive tinkered all I can and im done, even tried to get ahold of gary a few times for help ................yea right.............:(

you can hand port a stock one and make more hp;)

Stinker said:
you can hand port a stock one and make more hp;)

might want to get a holt of Dan @ The Fastman. he does stock TB's. has done several of the gen3 Viper tb's.
got one on my 4.7. hell of a difference:rock: :rock: :rock:

i'm waitin on the BBK also:(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back