X-Metal OUT.............who's got the BBK

Positive displacement blowers cause a lot more "hunting" than other setups due to the quick boost at low RPM's. My Dad's 05 supercharged Saleen Mustang has done it since day 1, increasing the boost exaggerated it. Saleen didn't recalibrate anything from the stock car when they played with it, didn't even recalibrate the speedo for the bigger tires... cost me a ticket.

Those without a Roe may be able to work with the tune to basically reduce how responsive the engine is at throttle tip in. Playing with the fuel map should help.

Scrambler1 said:
Positive displacement blowers cause a lot more "hunting" than other setups due to the quick boost at low RPM's. My Dad's 05 supercharged Saleen Mustang has done it since day 1, increasing the boost exaggerated it. Saleen didn't recalibrate anything from the stock car when they played with it, didn't even recalibrate the speedo for the bigger tires... cost me a ticket.

Those without a Roe may be able to work with the tune to basically reduce how responsive the engine is at throttle tip in. Playing with the fuel map should help.

all this knowledge..............and yours dont run?:dontknow: :p :p :p :p

Stinker said:
your on a roll today, you know i aint firing on all cylinders so my insults wont be that great:D

Stinker said:

Due to a longer than planned night on the town last night my comebacks won't be up to par so I'm going to take a rain check.

Scrambler1 said:

I had a KenneBell blower on my 99 Ram 4x4 and it did the same thing.
I had to be sooooooooo careful about how I drove it to keep it out of boost.

I drives great around town and doesn't hunt when i'm in charge of the throttle its just when the computer is handleing the duties when it messes up.

I bet your dead on about the blowers quick response the issue.

I'll get a stock tb and work it over, install and see if theres a difference

I'm telling ya'll, if you are having surging issues on a pretty stock setup take the truck to a tuner who can datalog it. Lots of tuners don't street tune vehicles, they get the max power and the obvious things like idle quality etc and give it back. A good tuner who can datalog can take the thing on the interstate, set the cruise, and log what it does. It won't take him long to get the snappy tip in down to where this isn't a problem. This is why I don't like mail in tunes regardless of the mod level.

Roe changed the way they shipped TB's for this reason.

Most of the folks that experience surging is a result of TB tuning done at the adjustment screw.

I have the Roe TB and the Roe blower. My set up does very well when driving on relatively flat terrain. But around here, we have hills. And hills change the load on an engine when trying to maintain a speed. I will check to see what kind of swing in load I have when I get the truck back tomorrow.

bigike said:
Wifey you got a stock TB lying around :)
Just the one under my hood ;) Wish I could help you out ..............

Now iffen you need an oil pan or some mids let me know :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back