X-metal pic's throttle body installed

question for you guys, I put garys TB on and the thing wont go below 1k and goes between 1 and 1400 rps, I have no leaks could it be the TP sensoer. also there is a little play when i snap the TB open and closed, kinda bounces back then closed when i quick snap the thottle. any suggestions

avmech said:
question for you guys, I put garys TB on and the thing wont go below 1k and goes between 1 and 1400 rps, I have no leaks could it be the TP sensoer. also there is a little play when i snap the TB open and closed, kinda bounces back then closed when i quick snap the thottle. any suggestions
same with mine- i am going to give about 200 miles before i start playing with it to adjust.

well if figured out that its my throttle cable thats causing the bounce, still dont know why it wont idle below 1k and the irratic idle is puzzeling as well. when I disconnect the cable the blade snaps close like my old one did but when i connect the cable thst when i notice a bounce of the pedal in the cab. Gary if you see this a little info would be great.

avmech said:
well if figured out that its my throttle cable thats causing the bounce, still dont know why it wont idle below 1k and the irratic idle is puzzeling as well. when I disconnect the cable the blade snaps close like my old one did but when i connect the cable thst when i notice a bounce of the pedal in the cab. Gary if you see this a little info would be great.
I am going to go check mine- my idle is ok but when you put it in gear it wants to hangout at 1000-1200 rpm and not drop down with the brake on and when its in gear- is your doing this?

havent had it running that long, mater of fact I havent even mooved it dont want to get out and run it with and idel that high. going to figure it out tomorow.

Some people get it right immediately while some have these idle issues. My TPS was set by BigRed460 armed with his nifty diagnostic computer. For some reason it seemed to be hard to keep it to stay over .73 volts long enough to tighten the adjustment screw. The TPS is currently at .74 volts, but I think it may need to be a bit higher. Sometimes I get the infamous idle surging and other times it's idling just fine right at around 750 rpms. My next move is to just take her to Dodge and have them adjust it.:dontknow:

Cablefed said:
Hearing all these issues with the TB is making me think again about buying one.
I think its like any fuel mod you will have to tweek it or let it settle in a little before its right? it definately gives you better throttle response.

All these issues have just about completely scared me off as far as doing the TB... :dontknow: :(

Craig said:
All these issues have just about completely scared me off as far as doing the TB... :dontknow: :(

man someone should have said something about aftermarket T.B.s...weeks ago.....hmmmmmmm:D ......this is not an X-metal issue...it is a TB issue....no offense to anyone...but a TB IMO needs to be installed and adjusted by an expert....mine was all over the place and DC adjusted it again and again until it was perferct....what I am saying is this is not a simple bolt on like mid pipes...have your tuner do it...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back