X-metal pic's throttle body installed

Nowwhat said:
man someone should have said something about aftermarket T.B.s...weeks ago.....hmmmmmmm:D ......this is not an X-metal issue...it is a TB issue....no offense to anyone...but a TB IMO needs to be installed and adjusted by an expert....mine was all over the place and DC adjusted it again and again until it was perferct....what I am saying is this is not a simple bolt on like mid pipes...have your tuner do it...

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

It is so simple even Stinker can do it :D :D :elefant: :p :rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwKguNdkNo

Nowwhat said:
man someone should have said something about aftermarket T.B.s...weeks ago.....hmmmmmmm:D ......this is not an X-metal issue...it is a TB issue....no offense to anyone...but a TB IMO needs to be installed and adjusted by an expert....mine was all over the place and DC adjusted it again and again until it was perferct....what I am saying is this is not a simple bolt on like mid pipes...have your tuner do it...

I gotta listen to the man that's had the most done to his truck and runs the fastest. I learned the hard way on my Hemi to not chase the latest mod if it hasn't had significant end-user testing, or has consistent concerns on the first groups to install. I've still got tranny work, heads, and cam to get to my modded n/a endpoint before considering a new TB.

From what I read the X-metal TB is suppose to be an easy bolt on but now a tuner is required to set the throttle body up. If its like any other throttle body I'm sure the the voltage has to be set by clocking the TPS to the correct angle. Some throttle bodies on other vehicles have an adjustment screw to adjust idle.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this is not simply a bolt on and some diagnostic tools maybe required to set it up. I don't know how detailed boomers directions are on setting it up or if there is any that come with it to set it up. What all comes with the TB other than the TB itself? Instructions? I would just like to know what I'm getting into before I purchase one. Sounds like the performace from the TB is worth while once its setup correctly.

I have no idle issues with the X-metal TB. Mine runs perfect, and I did the install myself.

Bill.

Begood said:
I have no idle issues with the X-metal TB. Mine runs perfect, and I did the install myself.

Bill.
the only problem i still have is while in gear it wants to surge from 1000 to 1300 rpm- the idle is perfect 750 ,but if you idle in drive it keeps it at 1000 rpm ,not to idle- is that correct?

RUFROZN said:
the only problem i still have is while in gear it wants to surge from 1000 to 1300 rpm- the idle is perfect 750 ,but if you idle in drive it keeps it at 1000 rpm ,not to idle- is that correct?
since you have a QC, the computer wont let the engine get down below 1000 to avoid lugging and bucking the engine, so yes its correct in drive the ecm wont let it go below 1000 rpm when cruising.

avmech said:
question for you guys, I put garys TB on and the thing wont go below 1k and goes between 1 and 1400 rps, I have no leaks could it be the TP sensoer. also there is a little play when i snap the TB open and closed, kinda bounces back then closed when i quick snap the thottle. any suggestions
you can also just ever slighty back of the adjustment screw on the TB that the linkage cam rest against. but give your truck 200 miles before touching this.

avmech said:
question for you guys, I put garys TB on and the thing wont go below 1k and goes between 1 and 1400 rps, I have no leaks could it be the TP sensoer. also there is a little play when i snap the TB open and closed, kinda bounces back then closed when i quick snap the thottle. any suggestions
with our 4 bearing internals for the shaft, and since the blade design doesnt rub, can cause this becuase of the lack of friction.
as your linkage takes a set on the set screw pin, this effect will lessen.

thanks for the replys Boomer, will do on the 200 miles, also still havent recived the box with the S/C hoses.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back