X-Metal TB Pictures

Sharpimage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, just got my X-Metal TB today! Man.. this thing is nice..:D light too :) :rock:
Anyways, i didn't do a DIY because the intructions that came with the TB are
dead on. So, i took some pictures because i know how much you guys love
pictures.. :D

100_2216.jpg

100_2217.jpg

100_2214.jpg

100_2215.jpg

100_2218.jpg

100_2223.jpg

100_2225.jpg

On another note.. after this mod i seemed to have lost some traction.. :dontknow:
:D But seriously.. after i installed the TB i checked, double checked then triple
checked to make sure i centered the butterfly valve(correct term?) and i did..
used locktite on the screws and installed on the truck.. now my gas pedal is
sticking.. not bad while driving.. only when i try to push the gas a little from idle..
it sticks.. is this fixable with WD-40 on the spring? or is it more serious..:dontknow:
i'm 99.9% positive that the butterfly valve is not rubbing up against the TB..

Figure i would ask you guys before i asked Gary as that dude is busy! i mean, never
to busy for a phone convo. but i hate to bug the guy over something small like this.. ;)

Thanks,

Sharpi

sounds to me like it is sticking a little, might want to check it again take breater off and run it and see if it sticks when you rev it with your hand or you might be able to see where it may be hitting. oh and it looks great, i cant wait to get mine installed.

will let you know when i get my truck back. doing a before and after dyno pull with it while i get my roe and cam installed. from looking at it you would think it would with that big ass hole instead of two smaller holes.

Nice! I like it Sharpi! Hope you figure out whats up with your truck!:D

Check your linkage cables for any kinks or correct placement, but from the pics it looks like everything was placed correctly. Try moving the butterfly and see if it is sticking anywhere :dontknow:

Looks good mang :rock:

Thanks for all the tips guys.. ;) i went out and took a look at it again. i think i fixed
it this time.. i think the spring was actually pushing it out a bit making it rub up agianst
something inside the TB.. i pushed the spring back some and tried it about twenty
times.. no stick.. put both cables back on and checked again.. no stick.. got in
the cab and tried the pedal.. no stick.. i'll keep ya updated but is it possible
that because the engine is on, sucking air, that it pulls the blade back just enough
to get it to rub on a side? causing it to be sticky? :dontknow: i'll drive it tommorow
and see what the deal is :D :rock:

Thanks,

Sharpi

good deal, this will be some good info for future installations

I can see this giving more HP for the FI guys but not so much on us N/A peeps. It looks bloody fantastic though!! maybe some bearing grease on the shafts that hold the valve? maybe a stronger spring? maybe I don't have a clue and we should just get an answer from gary? :) let us know though! if you don't mind me ax-ing, what'd that run you?

My X-metal t/b was doing the same you need to push the butterfly hard to the left correct the problem.

My Hennessy sticks a little at tip-in, so I'm assuming it's a blade issue as well.

I have installed my X-metal TB and it works beautifully. I have not been able to put enough miles on it to give a full report about it, but mine functions perfectly.

Bill.

FATJACK said:
WD-40 is more of a cleaner than a lubricant, use a good lubricant on it instead.

I always thought it was a lube.WD= Water Displacement=lube ? I have used it to clean things,but not sure that it is MORE cleaner than lube.BUT,there are BETTER spray lubes.Just my .02:)

HOT RAM said:
I always thought it was a lube.WD= Water Displacement=lube ? I have used it to clean things,but not sure that it is MORE cleaner than lube.BUT,there are BETTER spray lubes.Just my .02:)

The issue with WD-40 as a lubricant is that is evaporates...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back