X-Metal TB Pictures

ViperTruck2933 said:
I'd still like to see the dyno results. ;)

:burnout:
Although I do plan on getting my truck dyno'd soon, the only before dyno run I have is from Boomer's GTG, and since I'm not going to drive 500 miles one way just for a dyno run, and a dyno run will vary from day to day and dyno to dyno I will not be able to give a good back to back compairson. However I am still glad I installed it.

Bill.

Begood said:
Although I do plan on getting my truck dyno'd soon, the only before dyno run I have is from Boomer's GTG, and since I'm not going to drive 500 miles one way just for a dyno run, and a dyno run will vary from day to day and dyno to dyno I will not be able to give a good back to back compairson. However I am still glad I installed it.

Bill.
You said Dyno 6 times in one sentance..That's gotta be some kind of record :dontknow:

FATJACK said:
WD-40 is more of a cleaner than a lubricant, use a good lubricant on it instead.

WD40 also ATTRACKS dirt,and surely you don't need that around the TB !!!

Very nice indeed...it took my ecu a little while to adjust for the aftermarket TB, but after a few short trips idle speed ended up right where it always had been before. I may be wrong, but if the only mod you did was the TB...the performance would be unnoticable. I would think as with everything else...CAI or drop in plus anything you do to help the exhaust breath freely is when you would get the best bang for the buck.....a shot of NoS could not hurt as well.

WAZZSUP said:
Very nice indeed...it took my ecu a little while to adjust for the aftermarket TB, but after a few short trips idle speed ended up right where it always had been before. I may be wrong, but if the only mod you did was the TB...the performance would be unnoticable. I would think as with everything else...CAI or drop in plus anything you do to help the exhaust breath freely is when you would get the best bang for the buck.....a shot of NoS could not hurt as well.

:rock: Yeah, i wouldn't think the TB would do much for a N/A application unless
your like ViperTruck there ;) I bought the TB for the Roe i will be getting very soon..
Hell i just wanted to install it :D And yes, the price is steep if it's for N/A only.. :dontknow:

Thanks Gary!

Sharpi

Sharpimage said:
:rock: Yeah, i wouldn't think the TB would do much for a N/A application unless
your like ViperTruck there ;) I bought the TB for the Roe i will be getting very soon..
Hell i just wanted to install it :D And yes, the price is steep if it's for N/A only.. :dontknow:

Thanks Gary!

Sharpi
ok, a couple of Q&A here.
make sure you follow the instructions on centering the blade using a piece of paper on on all four sides, then tighten the center screws and double check. if its centered, reinstall the paper then tighten the outer screws ( we tell you to use paper because not everyone has a .003" feeler gauge.)

dont put lube anywhere except the outside, then wipe off the excess, other wise it will attract grime

make sure to have the paper or feeler gauges between the side walls next to the throttle shaft to get the left and right distances correct.

we did all of our R&D on STONE STOCK ENGINES.----that means no mods what so ever......and one of the biggest restrictions is the exhaust. so i knew if i could make more power with just the TB, we had her right. :idea: it took me more than 2 years to get this the way i wanted it and over 200 feet of 6061 t6 bar stock that measures 4" x 5"!

our throttle body on a STONE STOCK engine, made 13hp and 10ftlbs more. when i did the testing, i always did the dyno on the same time. if a car is strapped differently to a dyno, even the same car on the same dyno, the results can vary. so to keep the baselines accurate, check tire pressures, and i would dyno stock. leave everything the same, except for swapping the throttle body.

of course it makes more on a boosted engine. but how many mods can say for $590, you will pick up 13hp TO THE TIRES?

not to mention, you dont even have to get on your back to do it!:D

Last edited:
10/13 aint too bad! I can imagine when coupled with a nice intake, headers, catless mids, and exhaust you're looking at some power!

SRT-11 said:
10/13 aint too bad! I can imagine when coupled with a nice intake, headers, catless mids, and exhaust you're looking at some power!

Exactly! :rock:

On another note.. i think the TB just needed some good quality break in time :dontknow:
On the way back from some erins it was not sticky at all.. :dontknow: i'll post back
if it get's sticky again.. but i don't think it will :D

Sharpi

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back