X-Metal

tommmmy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a used X-metal shifter, any one selling? Did Gary make several diffrent types? If so I want the latest

He made the Gen I; Gen IV; and Gen IX...

Some one will have one for you shortly...they all help.

I have the GEN X, but I'm keeping it .............. :p :p :p

Tommy take the one from Ram from Hell for $100!! This is the same one you had in your first truck........ if you had one in your first truck. Its the same one I have and I paid $500 for mine. Its a hell of a upgrade for the price.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Tommy take the one from Ram from Hell for $100!! This is the same one you had in your first truck........ if you had one in your first truck. Its the same one I have and I paid $500 for mine. Its a hell of a upgrade for the price.

patrick
I have the B & M shifter, it doesn't really suit my driving style. It is worlds better then the stocker. From what I have read on here, the X-Metal shifter is better for racing. So I wanted to give it a try.

tommmmy03 said:
I have the B & M shifter, it doesn't really suit my driving style. It is worlds better then the stocker. From what I have read on here, the X-Metal shifter is better for racing. So I wanted to give it a try.

Ok, gotcha.

patrick

tommmmy03 said:
What is the diffrence between the Gen I, IV, and IX?

Three successive upgrades of the shifter. All three eliminate the second to third power shifting problem that the Hurst caused.

I have the Gen IV and am totally happy with it.

Each one eliminates a little more vibration and noise. All three work well, and are easy installs.

When you install, plan to also change your transmission oil. Add the new oil in the shifter hole...saves a lot of mess.

(oh, and before you ask, most of us have gone to a different trans lube. Some are using Mobil 1 ATF, some and using others...do a search you will find all kinds of opinions. If it has to go back to the dealer for warranty work it needs to have the oem lube in it...otherwise go to another product.)

Prof said:
Three successive upgrades of the shifter. All three eliminate the second to third power shifting problem that the Hurst caused.

I have the Gen IV and am totally happy with it.

Each one eliminates a little more vibration and noise. All three work well, and are easy installs.

When you install, plan to also change your transmission oil. Add the new oil in the shifter hole...saves a lot of mess.

(oh, and before you ask, most of us have gone to a different trans lube. Some are using Mobil 1 ATF, some and using others...do a search you will find all kinds of opinions. If it has to go back to the dealer for warranty work it needs to have the oem lube in it...otherwise go to another product.)

hey Prof, don't we all like to mess with holes ? :confused: :confused: :dontknow: :p :D :D :D :D

I think I remember liking that...not sure, it may have just been a wet dream...:dontknow:

Prof said:
I think I remember liking that...not sure, it may have just been a wet dream...:dontknow:

you will all understand that i cannot go further on this matter....don't even daire to pm Roy concerning the case... i'm just chicken shit .. yes, starting it but no guts to trap on them...:p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

belgiumbarry said:
you will all understand that i cannot go further on this matter....don't even daire to pm Roy concerning the case... i'm just chicken shit .. yes, starting it but no guts to trap on them...:p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Oh come on now.:D Prof needs a good trapping.:confused: Whatever the hell that is.

I don't what a trapping is either, but hell any port in a storm!

Prof said:
Gen IX...

:confused: ????????:hmmmm: Not trying to correct the professor but I thought Gen X was the latest.. I have the Gen II and it's pretty noisy when the windows are up and the tunez are off. That's the only reason I miss the OEM Hurst.

Back