X-Metal

belgiumbarry said:
jedi shifter ? :confused: :dontknow:
no, but i've already spent $500.00 on this one....... don't get me wrong - like the shifter, but she's a noisy sumbitch..... if i get to the point that i can't stand the noise, i'll switch to a b&m......:) i put one in portlandsrt's truck & it's much quieter than my gen4.:(

I like my gen IV with the pistol grip handle:D It is noisy as f&ck though:mad:

I have a non X-metal and Non B&M shifter with a carbon fiber pistol grip shifter and I love it. Never miss 3rd, but I do not go thru the gears hard either.

Bruce

moparracing said:
no, but i've already spent $500.00 on this one....... don't get me wrong - like the shifter, but she's a noisy sumbitch..... if i get to the point that i can't stand the noise, i'll switch to a b&m......:) i put one in portlandsrt's truck & it's much quieter than my gen4.:(

I have the Gen IV. Gary added some of the plastic grommets that are used with the Gen X and it cut the noise 80%...give them a try.

I purchased some silicone hose from Ace Hardwarec cut some pieces to seperate the shifter handle from the lower piece. I also got some rubber ( I think) washer deals and used them as well. This cut down the noise somewhat in mine.

patrick

Guys, I have posted more than once about how to make the X-metal shifter quiet. I have one, and it DOESN"T make noise.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back