X-Metal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck indeed to me, I appreciate it. <---thats called sarcasm! but you are right. If there are inferior products on my truck, I will find them through exploitation eventually. If anyone knows of certain things to look for, i would appreciate it b4 hand...nothing like a broke down Dodge on the side of the road as a "FORD" drives by and flips me off....Id rather die than let that happen...LOL!

Malbe72 said:
Now, here is a response worth reading...thank you. Now I know to make sure that I use the original Bilstein shocks, not the one provided by X-metal.. AMAZING FEEDBACK!
i tell you what. buy the xmetal have fun with it. then later on if something goes wrong spend more money getting another one. just trying to save you some pennies. sounds like you got your mind made up already. wasnt trying to be a smartass. got a lot of post bc ive been here a while.

Whats with all the sarcasm? These guys are trying to help you out and you are sounding like a asshole. Pretty soon they are just gonna stop helping you.

Malbe72 said:
Well if they were gr8 to company and produced an outstanding product to begin with, then nothing should break...
Has anyone had anything break b4? Is it something to be worried about if it already installed on your truck?

Thanks Mr. Obvious! Your insight is appreciated....no wonder you are up to 9444 posts, you provide such outstanding feedback to others and never state the GD obvious!

WOW with this comment and 20 posts are you looking for a argument?????:dontknow: :dontknow: Its a tough bunch here if you come at them like that you wont get any help here

yellowfever#154 said:
Whats with all the sarcasm? These guys are trying to help you out and you are sounding like a asshole. Pretty soon they are just gonna stop helping you.
That's what i was thinking.

Malbe72 said:
Good Luck indeed to me, I appreciate it. <---thats called sarcasm! but you are right. If there are inferior products on my truck, I will find them through exploitation eventually. If anyone knows of certain things to look for, i would appreciate it b4 hand...nothing like a broke down Dodge on the side of the road as a "FORD" drives by and flips me off....Id rather die than let that happen...LOL!
That's what Eddie tried to do in his previous post but you didn't take the advice too well. I suggest you stop acting like a smart-ass and learn from your fellow forum members. :)

first off welcome to the forum malcom...and secondly there is nothing wrong with the xmetal kit.....just garys service was not as good ...as our vendors now just like hennessy he made a very hard bed and now he has to sleep in it....we have the best vendors around or so i hear my truck is mostly stock....

To the OP. I too have been around here for a LONG time. So take this post for what it's worth (probably not much in the grand scheme of things).:D

I bought a lot of stuff from Gary at X-Metal back in the day. I even referred friends to him for parts. Some members here had problems with his service. I personally never had any problems with his service or with his parts. I have never seen anything posted about any of his products failing or any of his parts being substandard. ;)

If you have X-Metal parts already on your truck IMO you have nothing to worry about. The products are great.

If you are looking to purchase parts from him for your truck now, that might be possible but it might not. I don't know if he's still making them or not. I have no idea. You could start by trying to call his motorcycle shop (do a search, I'm sure you can figure out which shop it is). Find out from him personally if he's still making stuff. He doesn't appear to be active on this board now and he's not a vendor here, so posting up inquiries here now is only going to generate hostility and is likely not going to lead you to the answers you seek.

Another option is to get what you need from current supporting vendors. Pretty much everything you need or want is available from/thru them and they are not going to steer you wrong. They are all trustworthy guys with reliable products and services.

Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.

I bought the X-Metal kit a few years ago.... I never installed it on my QC, but instead sold it to a friend (Dennis - "6Pakattack"). We installed it on his QC and found it to have some problems. The drive shaft angle was too sharp after being lowered and caused drive-line chatter. And, I don't think he was ever able to get it properly aligned. The kit was "purdy" tho. :eek: .... X-Metal's service was quite poor, if I remember correctly.

..... Whichever lowering kit you choose... you will need to get some sort of traction bars in the back to help with wheel hop or axle-wrap. I would suggest Calvert's Track Bars ("CalTracks"). Tony at JTS Venom Performance can get you a good price on those. And he is very good with customer service as well.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the sound advice on X-metal. The previous owner had the lowering kit installed by x-metal. It also has the caltrak's installed. trust me when I say, I love the supporting vendors. Most of the "enhancers" that are on my car are from them. Im moving over here from the 300C/LX boards so Im not a rookie when it comes to the forums. I enjoy a jab or two once in a while. The banter can be fun. Its not that I dont appreciate the help or advice, just annoyed by the obvious.
BTW, my truck is finally on the move from NC to Wa. I hired Reliable Carriers Inc. to transport it. Its in the "5 Million Dollar Safe". Ive got 28 days left in the sandbox until we ship home.

I've heard that the rear is adjustable either 3 or 5. How is this done. If this is true did anyone have drive-line chatter with the 3 inches instead of 5. will the caltracs do the trick in keeping the axle from spining?

Malbe72 said:
Thanks for the sound advice on X-metal. The previous owner had the lowering kit installed by x-metal. It also has the caltrak's installed. trust me when I say, I love the supporting vendors. Most of the "enhancers" that are on my car are from them. Im moving over here from the 300C/LX boards so Im not a rookie when it comes to the forums. I enjoy a jab or two once in a while. The banter can be fun. Its not that I dont appreciate the help or advice, just annoyed by the obvious.
BTW, my truck is finally on the move from NC to Wa. I hired Reliable Carriers Inc. to transport it. Its in the "5 Million Dollar Safe". Ive got 28 days left in the sandbox until we ship home.

Blah, Blah, Blah! <---- I call this sarcasm also! ;) Gee, welcome to the Forum FNG. Must be a very important person to be rude over the Internet....friggin' Keyboard Commando's irritate me. (Just so you know...since you so freely let us know what irritates you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back