X or H pipe

I've mentioned this in the past.... maybe this will help...

B&B did extensive dyno testing with X & H pipe fitments. They could NOT find any gains in power or torque with either. Location and required degree angle (see attached picture for prime example) of an effective X pipe cannot be realistically placed on our trucks. So far, B&B and Magnablow have the most ideal compromise between flow and sound with a crossover built into the muffler. B&B achived great flow and sound is just a bonus:rock:

Ram SRT-10 in B&B Dyno testing room....

This seems like a prime location to me. They were just testing it in the wrong spot lol

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 276
That is a sick setup bro!!!! Spintech's?

That is a sick setup bro!!!! Spintech's?

Thank you sir was a lot of hard work.
Yes they are sir. To be honest not a fan of sound with them. I have a set of VR1, magna flows, and flow masters mufflers sitting in shop waiting for me to install and listen to them all

Last edited:
I used flat black paint sprayed on my exhaust. Took the truck out, drove the crap out of it, and put the crossover there...

Multiple locations were tested....They ARE an exhaust manufacturer...lol.

The cross angle of your x-pipe causes more turbulence than scavenging. On your location.... is that dyno tested as optimal?

Cheers

Obviously I was being sarcastic about them. I realize they know more about exhaust than I will ever know. I did mine to make something different than everyone else. No I did not Dyno it nor did I claim it was better. I made it so both sides would be just about same length as each before the x- pipe which would be optimum. I would like to know how you know that it has more turbulence than scavenging?

Obviously I was being sarcastic about them. I realize they know more about exhaust than I will ever know. I did mine to make something different than everyone else. No I did not Dyno it nor did I claim it was better. I made it so both sides would be just about same length as each before the x- pipe which would be optimum. I would like to know how you know that it has more turbulence than scavenging?

Yeah.... so was I ;)

I do like your craftsmanship. Of course if you like the sound and result... thats cool.:)

My trip to B&B was very informative. I was impressed as to how much time and effort they put into the exhaust for our trucks. Maybe because the owners son has one?!? :dontknow: But! That's good for us. It helps explain the cost. If you take a close look at the x pipes they make for most applications, they have a very gradual siamesed angle. This allows the pulses to glide past the convergence point with minimal flow restriction. The angle on your x pipe is too sharp. Causing pulses to "crash" into each other instead.

B&B showed me dyno results on their system which each of these X & H pipe tests. The odd firing order of our engines makes them a bit fickle.

Cheers :)

Well I guess it is what it is but bassani made my x-pipe at those angles another big and very well known exhaust manufacturer. So I figured if they used it at those angles I could to. At this point I like and that's all that really matters.
Have a good day :D

Attachments

• IMG_20130427_170014_187.jpg
    IMG_20130427_170014_187.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20140102_095859_292.jpg
    IMG_20140102_095859_292.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 35
That's why I picked my magnaflow tru-x. It's one of the most shallow x pipes you can get. While I'm sure it doesn't make a bit of real difference, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Well I guess it is what it is but bassani made my x-pipe at those angles another big and very well known exhaust manufacturer. So I figured if they used it at those angles I could to. At this point I like and that's all that really matters.
Have a good day :D

are you sure thats not a knock off bassani x pipe???????????????:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back