X-pipe, H-pipe, or no crossover??

4to10cyl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were to just take the muffler out and replace it with one of these three which one would you recommend. The rest of the exhaust is stock. I may end up going with catless midpipes in the future but I would end up putting a few resonators in. Is there a stock resonator at all or just a muffler and four cats?? Thanks

I'm leaving in 20 minutes and need to let the exhaust shop know. Any advice? I've seen a lot of different opinions on here.

X-Pipe's generally make more hp on the same set up. Not sure what it'll do to the exhaust note (if anything).
For my truck the note was more important than hp. Good luck. :)

0.02c

I've read that you don't really need to mix the pipes, that it may be better just to put in direct replacements with no crossovers. Opinions? This is due to the fact that the motor is like two five cylinders. Independent of one another.

TNVIPER said:
H pipe was proven a better power design for Vipers...search threads

This is what they're whipping up for me. Hope it ends up sounding good. My guess, no sound difference without losing some cats. :eek:

4to10cyl said:
This is what they're whipping up for me. Hope it ends up sounding good. My guess, no sound difference without losing some cats. :eek:

I concur.

Mine sounds fine with no cats and an "H" pipe:D

Before the "H" pipe and with cat-delete,it sounded HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

"H" is the only way to go.:rock:

This sounds so badass. Very poppy, but under full acceleration...wow!! It's so mean sounding.

the tune will remove that horrible pop. or you could do what some have and disconnect the IAC and manually adjust the rpm to 500.

bigike said:
the tune will remove that horrible pop. or you could do what some have and disconnect the IAC and manually adjust the rpm to 500.

Yeah, still need to get some funds for the tune.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back