Yellow fever Sold for $48000

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 099 FEVER, Jan 21, 2018.

Car Parts
  1. 099 FEVER

099 FEVER Member Supporting Member

2005 Yellow Fever #178 sold for $48000 at Barrett-Jackson.

2. shorty

shorty Full Access Member

My RED beast ain't for sale. Never :burnout:

3. Psycho1122

Psycho1122 Full Access Member

What was kind of a bummer is that the live coverage stopped at Lot # 1480! You could see it at the base of the auction ramp :banghead:

Now add the 10% that BJ gets on top = $52,800. Nice to see the arrival of our trucks (granted this one had under 800 miles and is 1 0f 500) to the collector scene.

The AVERAGE BJ auction price of an RC over the last 10 years in various conditions and mileage is $40,562.:rock:

I also found it interesting during this years Scottsdale auction how the "Custom" or "Resto Mod" trucks were bringing some serious money!! Up to 6 figures!! Even an original Little Red Express from 1979 went for 23K. The basic recipe is big engine, 4 speeds or more transmission, upgraded or big brakes, ford 9' or Dana 60 axles, upgraded interior with leather etc. and modern conveniences. Hmmmm.... kind sounds like our SRT-10 trucks.:D
    The SRT engineers nailed it, PERIOD.

Letting these trucks go for random 25K is not only a shame, it's beginning to look foolish.;)

4. trussman

trussman Active Member

That $200k power wagon blew my mind that it went that high. Especially with the cheaper 4 cylinder cummins.

5. Chuck B

Chuck B Full Access Member

I spent a few minutes looking over the Yellow Fever...it was showroom condition. I tried bidding on two cars but both went out of my price range. I settled for a new 4 post lift. :rock:

6. trussman

trussman Active Member

The only thing I saw go in my price range was an 82 vette for 11.5k LOL

7. mike2004srt10

mike2004srt10 Full Access Member

I think the only ones keeping the selling prices so low on these trucks are the people selling them. They are selling them for low 20k just because that is what the guy before him did. This Barret Jackson auction shows the true value on these trucks and what the "outsider" is willing to pay. So until they start selling for higher price tags on these posts the true selling price wont show outside of auctions. (just my 2 cents)

8. Wifey

Wifey Artificial Wifey Intelligence Supporting Member

I sure wouldn't sell the Queen for less than $35k and that would still be giving her away! These are collectible trucks

OR all the kids can grab em up like crazy for the so called Blue Book value - LOL LOL

the engine costs more alone than the whole truck does on the AutoTrader market

9. IronAffliction

IronAffliction Full Access Member

Complete brand new motor is around 15k

10. TrailMix

TrailMix Full Access Member

Are you sure cause 3 years ago I was quoted $20,000 for brand new one

11. IronAffliction

That doesn't include install thats just the motor

12. Wifey

My Point!!!!

13. SRTRAM10

SRTRAM10 Full Access Member

it should be kinda like old corvettes (except they are still producing them)
    but the price goes down for x number of years, then starts back up
    for good quality specimens. I agree the seller should hold the line and
    help boost market value. Don't get in a hurry to sell, there are new youngster's born every minute to sell to.( for a good price)

14. Chuck B

Chuck B Full Access Member

If they produce a Hellcat version it could greatly reduce demand on our generation....at least for a few years.

15. stealth78

stealth78 Full Access Member

While I appreciate your enthusiasm saying the BJ auction shows the true value could not be farther from the truth. You are talking about an auction that is filled with people with deep pockets, alcohol and pride. These three things combined often leads to someone buying something that is far beyond it's true worth. This also happened with Vipers at this auction, while there are some still sitting on showrooms and others still for sale with uber low mileage, there were a couple examples (one actually being a collectable in my mind) that sold way beyond what virtually identical models are currently selling for. Trust me, alcohol combined with with an overly wealthy person often creates a bidding war between two individuals who won't let there precious vehicle get away because their pride won't let them. Sorry to disappoint but BJ is NOT a true indication of value. Trust me I'm not being biased. Even though I do not currently have an SRT Ram, I do have a Viper and I am not going to get overly excited about the recent hype in Viper values. Will Vipers and SRT Rams increase in value, probably. But you are also talking over a long period and you are also only going to see big(ger) numbers for the immaculate low mileage true collectable examples.

16. shorty

shorty Full Access Member

Hmmm, my RED beast has 133,000 miles and will be rebuilt if the engine pops. At 71 years young it will last my life time with all the pleasure I can expect. Taking off on a 500 mile round trip this afternoon and will have loads of fun playing with the beamers and stangs on the interstate. Plus will open the dumps to wake up the little old ladies texting in the left lane at 45mph in our 75 zone.

Collectible, crapola, I'm a collectible.

17. trussman

trussman Active Member

Exactly. Enjoy it and whatever it's worth when you're gone is up to the kids to have. I don't get to drive mine as much as I'd like but it's nice to take it our and rip through the gears every chance I get.

18. IronAffliction

No has a complete brand new motor in their truck. So you can get used ones starting at around 5k so thats the number it should be based off of

19. nick1209

nick1209 New Member

20K is huge, no??:dontknow:

20. Wifey

yep, mine has 5700 - I will hold :rock: