You Picked a Nice time to Leave Me Loose Wheel

Bummer... least your ok.

I very sorry to hear the bad news, I hope everything ends up OK.

Bill.

Man, u r not gonna believe this but. My business, we own 40 or so Dodge trucks just for my east Coast office, and we have had 2 of them that the wheel has fallen off while driving. The crazy thing is that the hub as still attatched to the freakin wheel. They broke at the hub! I thought it was a fluke but then about 6 mos later it happened to truck #25....same thing. Crazy!

Add my thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery of your truck to the rest of the forum. What a deal to go through. Hope she's back together soon...

Stretch

Thats pretty weird. When I first bought my brand new 1997 Dodge Dakota V8 sport within 100 miles the driveshaft fell out of the truck at 30-40 mph...in between the jeep and Dodge dealer where I got it. Something got sheared off. Luckily, it was only 100 yards or so to the dealer. Hope you get her back on the road and on someone elses dime.

Now that I think of it, the driveshaft fell out again a few years ago while I was going to make an attempt at chasing some severe thunderstorms. This time I was doing about 75 mph :eek:

Blakewilder said:
Man, u r not gonna believe this but. My business, we own 40 or so Dodge trucks just for my east Coast office, and we have had 2 of them that the wheel has fallen off while driving. The crazy thing is that the hub as still attatched to the freakin wheel. They broke at the hub! I thought it was a fluke but then about 6 mos later it happened to truck #25....same thing. Crazy!

You may not know, but did the breaks occur in the same location as the first 3 pics I posted, or futher down right at the ball joint. Just curious :confused:

After having some time to refect, think mine broke at the curb and from there on I was just hangin on. I think the light pole just finished taking it off, you can't see it in the picture, but the front of the truck was already on the ground when I hit the pole.

The other option is I just needed to hood repainted because of rock chips and this is all I could think of at the moment:eek:

I do know that if the curb caused the failure, I'm concerned. If at 25 mph a curb can tear a wheel off, what will happen at 70mph and hitting something with the front end. The wife is convinced the failure is in the front end. I'm for some reason or other leaning towards just being stupid. I would hate to think it was the truck.:dontknow:

Blakewilder said:

Sorry about that bro!

Blake...was it the front or rear wheels that fell off? I just noticed that one of my back rotors is cracked through in 3 places! I am taking to the stealer next week.

I lost a wheel on my Testarossa one time. It has the single-bolt racing type wheels. Happened while driving very slowly - it crunched the rear quarter panel when the wheel came off the hub, and then the brake disk hit the ground and bent up some suspension.

Cost to repair: $32,000 + 1.5 years of litigation with insurance company. I feel for you MiYuGioh...

cgperry said:
I lost a wheel on my Testarossa one time. It has the single-bolt racing type wheels. Happened while driving very slowly - it crunched the rear quarter panel when the wheel came off the hub, and then the brake disk hit the ground and bent up some suspension.

Cost to repair: $32,000 + 1.5 years of litigation with insurance company. I feel for you MiYuGioh...

Freakin cheap Ferarri's anyways!!;) :( Lol

that totally sucks when shit like this happens

Sorry, this really is bad.
OK, I curbed my truck first day. 80MPH four wheel drift into a high curb. Both wheels made virtually instant contact. I did not come near to this kind of damage. Bent lower king, sheared upper, bent control arm, destroyed ram assist and bent both rims. I was able to drive away and put another 1000 miles on the truck before dealer repairs. I swear, truck drove perfect. 8.5K later, its all fixed. Something wasn’t right with yours.
Nuff said, I am an idiot.

any body up for some additional pics

Sorry, no pic's jackass no more

Last edited:
In front of the stealership may have been the best place for something like that to occur. I just hope the stealership is going to replace that and fix it for you because at 25 mph that sort of crap shouldn't happen. You being here to share it with us is the most important thing. I'm not glad to see this happen to your baby but I am glad you were not seriously hurt. Stuff like that makes me worry about hitting road bumps at higher than 25 mph speeds.:confused:

Thats what really bothers me the most. Even if I did everything wrong, and I drove the truck on purpose into a curb. I just can't see how i did the damage i did. Especially after Maui Life said he hit at 80mph. I can understand it if there was a defect and its a one in a million thing.

Still an awsome truck and I will enjoy it again

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back