You Picked a Nice time to Leave Me Loose Wheel

Dude I am so sorry!!!!!! So you didnt have the drop kit on it? I can only imagine if you did the dealer would void it all!!

Good luck and let us know what they say.

patrick

sprite said:
How did you hit a curb in the first place?

Would that be what I remember or the truth........:dontknow:

The only thing I know for sure is that I was leaving the dealership. Had just been to a Mopars of Utah club meeting and were going to go and get something to eat and do a cruz by club 90. There were about 4 cars in front of me and I not sure how many were following.

As I pulled out of the driveway, I gas'd it, like I've done a million times before. It hooked right, I traveled maybe 30-35 feet between the time I gas'd it and contact with the curb. Based on what I felt, couldn't see what was happening right at the wheel, I was still in my seat, it felt then if the wheel was gone, then I hit the bottom of a light pole and a speed limit sign, think it said 35. From there I drove it down the street and onto a side road, figured if the Nascar boys could do it, what the hell, its already bent up.

Wish I could say it was a dog, or some old lady in a Ford or I was racing an "L", anything would be great. But none of that was going on. As i've said, the only way I can explain it, "Weird".

And if I did everyting wrong, everything, how did I rip the front end of the truck and Maui Life did practically nothing in comaprison to his at 80mph, I was doing 25-30 maybe as high as 35, but I sure as hell didn't gas it till i came to a stop!

Anyway.

Got one more pic I still need to take. The sheered of portion of the ball joint. Maybe try an get it on the site sometime this evening. maybe there's a metelurgist out there who has knowledge of aluminum and forces and all that crap.

So to answer your question, "Good Question"

Either I was stupid

or

Something Broke

If there was a pole, I'm sure option A would win:dontknow:

Last edited:
I hope you are getting all your damage sorted out with the dealer. Update to mine, turns out I also bent RR axel hub. Christ. Might be a good time to change the gearing. I did a perfect sideways, on the gas, on the throttle, power slide into the curb.

Hope you actually find all the damage the first time.

Maui Life said:
I hope you are getting all your damage sorted out with the dealer. Update to mine, turns out I also bent RR axel hub. Christ. Might be a good time to change the gearing. I did a perfect sideways, on the gas, on the throttle, power slide into the curb.

Hope you actually find all the damage the first time.

My update might look like a realistic nightmare compared to yours.

Here's the tally so far

$9800.00
9 Days of Labor, that hasn't started yet. Continuing to wait for suspension parts to arive.

The bad part, this cost does not include any of the SRT body panel costs. There ordered, but the cost comes up as 0.00 on the computer. Was told the large panels could run as much as 400.00 or more, yikes! Damaged all the panels down the right side. When the wheel came off, it traveled down the side of the truck.

Things I know are being replaced. 100 % of the components associated with the front right suspension, including all sterring, brake lines, rotor, calipars, front bumper and facia, 2 rims, 1 maybe 2 tires, right mirror, headlight, driving light. may be damage to crossmember, Won't have a final list til they get it on the lift. May get it back in 6-8 weeks, small dent in hood and damage deflector. That was a big surpise believe it or not.

Amazing enough, the front quarter panel is toast, but the door and rear quarter are clean, no broken windows,

The the rough cost is between 12k-12.5k

The hope is they get enough suspension parts so they can get the truck off the ground and move it around the shop. This way they can do body work while their waiting for all the suspension parts to come in.

Big worries. The geometry of the front suspension. At this point there not sure if its bent or we were lucky and the wheel pulled off cleanly. As we all know, if thats wrong, I might as well be driving a dump truck.

Good luck with yours. Surprised you didn't sustain more damage than you have. But I'm glad it is limited. Its gota really suck, especially if they keep finding stuff. At least I knew where I stood, 2 minutes after the dust cleared.

Keep us up to date with whats going on. Misery love company. And as soon as I have a copy of the Novel currently under print by McGraw-Hill we can all be amused.

Last edited:
RedSrt007 said:
Hopefully your claiming this on your insurance...for 12k worth of damage, I would :)

Absolutely....Otherwise, it would be a very expensive paper weight :D

Wow, Jeff! No one can say you don't do things in a big way! At least our trucks are spending quality time together. See you Saturday.

Blakewilder said:
At least your alright bro

My ego is still on life support but is expected to make a full recovery.

Big Asp said:
Wow, Jeff! No one can say you don't do things in a big way! At least our trucks are spending quality time together. See you Saturday.

Just my way of dealing with the high price of gas.

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Would that be what I remember or the truth........:dontknow:

The only thing I know for sure is that I was leaving the dealership. Had just been to a Mopars of Utah club meeting and were going to go and get something to eat and do a cruz by club 90. There were about 4 cars in front of me and I not sure how many were following.

As I pulled out of the driveway, I gas'd it, like I've done a million times before. It hooked right, I traveled maybe 30-35 feet between the time I gas'd it and contact with the curb. Based on what I felt, couldn't see what was happening right at the wheel, I was still in my seat, it felt then if the wheel was gone, then I hit the bottom of a light pole and a speed limit sign, think it said 35. From there I drove it down the street and onto a side road, figured if the Nascar boys could do it, what the hell, its already bent up.

Wish I could say it was a dog, or some old lady in a Ford or I was racing an "L", anything would be great. But none of that was going on. As i've said, the only way I can explain it, "Weird".

And if I did everyting wrong, everything, how did I rip the front end of the truck and Maui Life did practically nothing in comaprison to his at 80mph, I was doing 25-30 maybe as high as 35, but I sure as hell didn't gas it till i came to a stop!

Anyway.

Got one more pic I still need to take. The sheered of portion of the ball joint. Maybe try an get it on the site sometime this evening. maybe there's a metelurgist out there who has knowledge of aluminum and forces and all that crap.

So to answer your question, "Good Question"

Either I was stupid

or

Something Broke

If there was a pole, I'm sure option A would win:dontknow:

Not to add insult to injury - but your last sentence does not make sense ...

THERE WAS A POLE - DUDE, YOU HIT IT :p ;) :eek: !!

Love you anyways!! ;)

mauiSRT/10 said:
So does this mean no warranty covered on the breakage? Jeez thats a lot of damage. Sorry to hear about this.

patrick

The question really comes down to:

Did I break it while crashing

or

Did it break and then I crashed

The good part is the insurance company will pay for it and deal with the issues. I would sure hate to wait to find out all the answers before they fix the truck. It would be a classic before they come up with a conclusion and parts would be harder to get than a 71 SuperBee :(

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
The question really comes down to:

Did I break it while crashing

or

Did it break and then I crashed

The good part is the insurance company will pay for it and deal with the issues. I would sure hate to wait to find out all the answers before they fix the truck. It would be a classic before they come up with a conclusion and parts would be harder to get than a 71 SuperBee :(

Good point dude! Good luck with the fix.

patrick

where are the pics????? did you take them down?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back