Your thoughts on this 2004 RC - New guy looking to buy

MATT0404

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I've been looking around for a clean SRT-10 Ram and this specific one has caught my eye. I'm completely new to these trucks so I'm looking for advice from those of you with much more experience. Who knows, maybe the owner is a forum member, too :hello:

Seller's comments:
1. 3rd owner
2. No mods other than head/tail lights
3. Clean title
4. 1 accident from hitting a deer; says only fiberglass components on the front end were replaced.
5. Very minimal exterior/interior imperfections
6. No rust

Here's the ad, what do you guys think? Note the slave cylinder/clutch replacement. Is this common for these trucks? I've seen a few people having difficulty getting into gear and the culprit being a leaking slave cylinder.

00v0v_6yx1w1BCRQc_600x450.jpg

00707_1HoxaWpOqsP_600x450.jpg

00F0F_9kAjorFyIdP_600x450.jpg

00D0D_2xC5Uy4ETIx_600x450.jpg

FASTEST PRODUCTION TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!2004 SRT-10 with only 54,XXX miles. This truck has the V-10 500HP Viper Engine and 6 speed manual transmission. New clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot and throw-out bearing, and slave cylinder. Flywheel was resurfaced during the clutch swap also. All this was done due to the slave cylinder going out. I figured while I had the whole thing apart to go ahead and upgrade the factory clutch assembly too. Has a fiberglass topper and truck cover. Serious inquiries only. Available to be seen in the afternoons and weekends. NO TRADES and this IS my bottom dollar!

Can't speak about the clutch as I have only had autos in my SRT-10's.

From the picture the truck looks great. The bed cover is an added bonus as 04's did not come with them (plus that is not an SRT-10 bed cover).

It is funny about these trucks, most of them are rock stars as long as they were treated well. Your job is to try and figure out if the previous 3 owners treated her well.

Good looking truck! What are they asking? That's not a OE bed cover BTW.;)

My posts are taking 24hrs or more to show up since I'm new here and require moderator approval. Asking price, once again, is $17,500.

Edit: Apparently I can post without moderator approval now, I've been trying to reply here since yesterday. Seller is asking $17,500 firm. I've been emailing him for a few days now and expect to speak with him tomorrow. For the price, this truck seems like a pretty good deal.

Good info on the bed cover, I did not know it wasn't OEM. Here are a few shots of the engine bay. It looks like it could use some TLC, do you guys see anything troubling?

E6eLnhkl.jpg

7H1Hq2Xl.jpg

kCzov5il.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd add a few interior shots, too. Any idea where the two different plaques/decals came from? I don't believe they are stock.

orH3QRql.jpg

N0rwynZl.jpg

SUJq1Lgl.jpg

aTM6BTdl.jpg

o78bOqRl.jpg

bD46Y6al.jpg

tnlCLDYl.jpg

ABXVpPNl.jpg

Hmm... mine was listed for 16k and came with 79k miles on a junk motor... litterly.. I agree with checking the background on it. But if everything checks out the i say its a STEAL!

Hmm... mine was listed for 16k and came with 79k miles on a junk motor... litterly.. I agree with checking the background on it. But if everything checks out the i say its a STEAL!

Yeah, I agree with the price seeming abnormally low. Anyone in the Nashville, TN area that could check this out for me?

I should be talking to the seller on the phone tomorrow, anything in particular I should ask about?

Yeah, I agree with the price seeming abnormally low. Anyone in the Nashville, TN area that could check this out for me?

I should be talking to the seller on the phone tomorrow, anything in particular I should ask about?

Yes sir.. it could be too good to be true. I woukd ask:

Q 1. Racing/maintance History? (Show me the car fax)
Q 2. Have the Power Steering Lines been replaced. If not, are they leaking?

Im fairly new as a SRT10 owner as well so im sure others will chime in with more questions.

Yes sir.. it could be too good to be true. I woukd ask:

Q 1. Racing/maintance History? (Show me the car fax)
Q 2. Have the Power Steering Lines been replaced. If not, are they leaking?

Im fairly new as a SRT10 owner as well so im sure others will chime in with more questions.

Thanks! I've added these questions to my list.

Can anyone else think of common or potential trouble areas I should ask about?

If anyone is in the Nashville, TN area, or knows someone in the area, please let me know. I see there are a few active members on the forum but I'm not able to send PM's yet. It'd be great if someone could see this thing in person for me and offer an objective point of view. I'd be happy to compensate someone for their time.

As sinus said if the power steering lines haven't been replaced they will have to be eventually. It is not a deal breaker but just something that goes with these trucks. JTSVP (Vendor on this forum) sells new braided ones with lifetime warranty.

Looks like a great price. You might think about one of those services that do independent checks like this place --> LINK

I don't recall any fiberglass parts on the front - everything is that flexible polypropylene stuff. There are aftermarket front bumpers and hoods that are fiberglass so you may want to ask if the original front pieces were replaced with aftermarket fiberglass pieces. I would also ask for a copy of the repair bill to see exactly what was fixed and to ensure that it was done by a body shop. Truck looks good and price seems good as well.

I think it looks like a good deal. Where in PA are you located?

Great price! Definetely agree with everyone here, one more thing I would check and ask about is the oil cooler lines, same issue as p/s lines

I think it looks like a good deal. Where in PA are you located?

I'm located just north of Pittsburgh.

I just spoke with the seller (technically seller's son) while on my way to work today. I found out he has owned 2 SRT-10's himself and is a member here on VTCOA.

The truck sounds pretty solid. I was on my way to work so I didn't have my prepared list of questions but the conversation moved right along and I feel all questions were answered honestly.

They purchased the truck with a bad slave cylinder and were able to take it home for a great price. The slave cylinder was replaced along with a Spec 2 clutch, pressure plate, and resurfaced flywheel. The power steering lines were replaced but the oil cooler lines remain factory though they are currently functioning as intended. I know this will be something I would need to address early on.

The deer impact required the front bumper and grill to be replaced. Both were painted and seller states you might be able to tell a difference from the factory paint under very close inspection.

I'm going to email the rest of my questions to the seller tonight and await his response. I also asked for photos of the underside of the truck. All in all, it sounds like a pretty good option. Thanks for everyone's input here. AirforceSRT, if you're reading this, it was good talking to you today. :beer:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back