Zero Turn Mower

I have a ZT mower for my front property because the terrain is flat BUT my rear has hills and a lake, I can't depend on the ZT mower to work properly PLUS I almost went into the lake when I tried to use the ZT mower, ZT mowers sometimes go where ever they want on a hill PLUS if you loose traction on any of the rear wheels, you spin out of control, ....I don't think that the ZT is actually worth the added expense and the ZT requires both hands to be in use at the same time, I have a bigger Sears tractor, 26 HP and 54 cut, it does very well, turns in about 17-18 inches and the speed that everyone keeps talking about, you can only go so fast and the blades will be only able to cut a path at so fast a speed, I think that 6-7 MPH again depending on the height and wetness of the grass, I also put one of the "old spinner type knobs" on the steering wheel, and now I can steer with one hand and drink my beer and adjust the radio with the other hand, the tractors are cheaper and more dependable, IF you want to or can buy one of the commercial type mowers that you walk behind ( or use the small type sulkey that you can put both feet in and ride around the property) these give a very nice finish to the lawn....my $.02

If you are worried about the cut think about what all the professional lawn care companies are using. Most use ZT's (we do). A lot of the cuts that you would see that do not look good is because of the following:

- driver going to fast while cutting
- blades are dull
- too big of a mower on uneven terrain
- not picking the right height to cut
- inexperience on a ZT
- Eddie is trying to drink beer while driving

I can only speak of commercial grade ZT's and they can give you a great cut at a lot better speed than most riding mowers. Once you get one and get use to it, you will wonder why you waited so long to get one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back