ZEX?,

outnumbered

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy, and what should be purchased?

1)Standard truck kit
2) Electric bottle opener
3) Bottle warmer
4) Purge kit

Am I missing anything?

If AWD is running a 175 shot WITH his stage 2 flash, then a nitrous kit is very intriguing.

www.newlevelmotorsports.com has the basic truck kit for $540 which is the cheapest I have found....Zex wants $700+

You do not need a purge, electic bottle opener or heatr. them are accessories and unless you want them you don't need them to make it work. I only have a heater, pressure gauge and window switch.

be careful running NOS on top of the flash....i know AWD is doing it but be sure to run race gas......its not as safe as running NOS on your stock puter.

also remember about your tranny....that will start to take some more abuse from the added power....but if you only use once in a while tranny should last for a while.

the bottle heater is really handy. it was pretty chilly at the track so I had the bottle warmer on for 30-45 minutes before the N02 pressure was high enough.

a purge would have been nice.

a window switch would be nice too. I will get one if I decide to run dual stages. The truck loves the 175 shot at 3000-4000 rpm but then it really feels like it falls on it's face. i'm thinking an added 100 shot at 4000-5500 would help as the engine is gupling a lot more air at high rpm so it can handle more NO2. at 3000 rpm it really kicks in hard.

if it wasn't for the amazing traction at the track, I would have had no chance.

Dont get the zex bottle heater, it is crap. Pay a little extra and invest in a better one. And i think you should get a purge kit, it help alot at the track. It has alot of line to fill up. And i think it is fun to open the bottle myself.

I hear some people heat their bottle in the cab, with the heater on! on a hot summer day a bottle heater isn't needed :D

AWDisuzu and I installed his zex system and my NX system. The Zex was so easy to install compared to the NX system. I will finalize my install later with AWDisuzu along with the Mopar Connections Stage 2 PCM and then racing Mike won't be 1 sided anymore.:D

AWDisuzu said:
I hear some people heat their bottle in the cab, with the heater on! on a hot summer day a bottle heater isn't needed :D

I had a friend involved in an accident a few years back and had the back of his head blown off by the bottle mounted in the cab. I'd put the bottle in the bed. Just my .02.

slow91 said:
I had a friend involved in an accident a few years back and had the back of his head blown off by the bottle mounted in the cab. I'd put the bottle in the bed. Just my .02.

wholey chit...I am sorry why did the bottle blow up? I think they look sick mounted in the bed

Rice Eater said:
wholey chit...I am sorry why did the bottle blow up? I think they look sick mounted in the bed

The best we can figure, with him being rear-ended...the bottle probably shifted and the valve base was sheared and became a deadly projectile.

It just depends on how much you are going to use it. If you want a simple setup and just want to spray it hear and there get the zex. If you plan on raceing it all the time go with the NX or something you can change out the selonoids. Because when your zex selonids go out you have to get a whole new box, or you have to take it all apart and fine out where you can get those small selonids. And just the box cost 240.00 or so.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back