ZZ572/620 HP?

Mopower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a GM ZZ 572 CI. 620 HP. in our 1964 Chevy short box PU. If any one has any info. about these motors, (how streetable are they). I would like to visit with you.

Thank You Jim

My point with the link was that, at least to me, an engine like that seems perfectly 'streetable'. Not to mention this one was built up over and above a crate 572!:rock: I mean, I'm sure it won't idle like your average Honda, but who wants that anyway?:p

IMO, it'd be awesome in a street car!!

Last edited:
I would suggest going to ChevyTalk.com and ask the question. You will probably find several people that have lots of experience with that motor. They helped me a lot when I was into tri-five's.

I agree...that's one bad ass car.:burnout:

Silverback said:
Sounds nice.

Personally I would be pissed if a shop ran my truck like that without me there.
I also agree with the monkey, I'd be pissed when I saw that video if I owned that car.:mad:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Can't tell you how many times I have listened to that, lol. :burnout:

:rock:
Hehe. Go to www.streetfire.net , go to videos, and search for Nelson Racing Engines. They've got a couple other vids including a 2,000hp capable street car, 'turned down' to only 1000hp to make it controllable on street tires!:rock: :D :rock:

I'm having a difficult time keeping my laptop still. :D
Awsome car. I love the lines and that engine only makes it better.

Mopower said:
I am thinking about putting a GM ZZ 572 CI. 620 HP. in our 1964 Chevy short box PU. If any one has any info. about these motors, (how streetable are they). I would like to visit with you.

Thank You Jim
Before you drop $15000.00 on the 572 (which is awesome), go to Jegs.com and check out the World Products 632 Merlin. It costs $2000.00 more, but has 800 HP and 775 lb. ft. of torque on pump gas! It also has a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty.

As far as the vid...that is Tom Nelson driving....have spoke to him...he knows his craft.....as far as the 572....

Don't do it....

get yourself a ls7 crate motor....will make 550hp stock and is FUEL INJECTED....there is no substitute for it....

Nowwhat said:
As far as the vid...that is Tom Nelson driving....have spoke to him...he knows his craft.....as far as the 572....

Don't do it....

get yourself a ls7 crate motor....will make 550hp stock and is FUEL INJECTED....there is no substitute for it....

Reliability Mike?

patrick

Nowwhat said:

Don't do it....

No substitute for Cubic Inches. Go for the big block. It has much more potential.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back