ZZ572/620 HP?

mauiSRT/10 said:
Reliability Mike?

patrick

it is the new C6 corvette motor.....starts in the cold....starts in the heat....runs cool....mods are cheap....can drive across the country and back....much better mileage....

Silverback just refuses to let those carbs go...:D ....

the ls7 makes 540+ RWHP with headers, cam, intake and tune...figure 620 at the crank

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:
it is the new C6 corvette motor.....starts in the cold....starts in the heat....runs cool....mods are cheap....can drive across the country and back....much better mileage....

:eek: True statement. I love things I can work on.

Nowwhat said:

the ls7 makes 540+ RWHP with headers, cam, intake and tune...figure 620 at the crank

Sounds good.....do they sell it as a crate motor and how much?

patrick

Mopower said:
I am thinking about putting a GM ZZ 572 CI. 620 HP. in our 1964 Chevy short box PU. If any one has any info. about these motors, (how streetable are they). I would like to visit with you.

Well guys so far you are not making this very easy. I want a truck that will scare "to startle with fear" any one close when it fires, and at idle has the lump of a pro-stock. The tests on the 572 show it makes 700HP. off the shelf, but in this PU. the HP. will just go up in smoke,:burnout: and that ok. The Vett C6 is a great motor but doesen't have the lump. What I want is a streetable, (pump gas) nasty sounding, tire smoking, coolable motor that looks good and is warranted by GM. The ZZ 572 is painted Chevy Orange in the turquoise motor compartment.
Have been trying to talk with Boomer.

Thanks for all the info. Jim

Mopower said:
Mopower said:
I am thinking about putting a GM ZZ 572 CI. 620 HP. in our 1964 Chevy short box PU. If any one has any info. about these motors, (how streetable are they). I would like to visit with you.

Well guys so far you are not making this very easy. I want a truck that will scare "to startle with fear" any one close when it fires, and at idle has the lump of a pro-stock. The tests on the 572 show it makes 700HP. off the shelf, but in this PU. the HP. will just go up in smoke,:burnout: and that ok. The Vett C6 is a great motor but doesen't have the lump. What I want is a streetable, (pump gas) nasty sounding, tire smoking, coolable motor that looks good and is warranted by GM. The ZZ 572 is painted Chevy Orange in the turquoise motor compartment.
Have been trying to talk with Boomer.

Thanks for all the info. Jim

Actually getting it to hook up in a pickup is easier than a car. You already have a full frame that is easy to alter for a ladder bar, or four link system, and if you want to tub it all you do is alter the box a little.

Some people have the misconception that you need weight over the rear wheels for traction. Not true. What you need is weight transfer for traction.

I forgot. You can get a small block to sound nice. But nothing strikes fear in an opponent like a bad ass big block.

Last edited:
Silverback said:
I forgot. You can get a small block to sound nice. But nothing strikes fear in an opponent like a bad ass big block.
Words to live by!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Happy Birthday to me!

Long story short, I have wanted to put a Zz572/620 in our 64 Pu. for years. My wife, (Shanah) & best friend (for 30 years on Feb 14) has refused to let me do this, she say's I will just screw it up. It has a mild built 350ci. with a Power Glide & is very pleasant to drive.
A good friend & car builder has a weekly safety:beer:meeting in his shop on every Wednesday after work. He & his wife stoped by our house last Friday to let us know that the next meeting would be special for Valintines day so bring the Wife.We get there, a little late and there's about 40 couples there, after a beers or two he makes a short speech and dropes a curtain revealing a Zz572. He & my wife had been planing this before SEMA where he was instructed not to let me but one there.

I am truely marred to my best friend.

Jim

Silverback said:
Sounds nice.

Personally I would be pissed if a shop ran my truck like that without me there.

That's Curtis' car... he gave permission to Tom (Nelson) to do the video. They are all on the Pro-Touring forum. I've shot the shit with Tom, and he's a really cool, down to earth guy. :)

Mopower said:
Long story short, I have wanted to put a Zz572/620 in our 64 Pu. for years. My wife, (Shanah) & best friend (for 30 years on Feb 14) has refused to let me do this, she say's I will just screw it up. It has a mild built 350ci. with a Power Glide & is very pleasant to drive.
A good friend & car builder has a weekly safety:beer:meeting in his shop on every Wednesday after work. He & his wife stoped by our house last Friday to let us know that the next meeting would be special for Valintines day so bring the Wife.We get there, a little late and there's about 40 couples there, after a beers or two he makes a short speech and dropes a curtain revealing a Zz572. He & my wife had been planing this before SEMA where he was instructed not to let me but one there.

I am truely marred to my best friend.

Jim

Oh MAN!!! That's AWESOME!!! :eek: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

GOTTA give us some PICTURES!!! :D :elefant:

Thats the same guy that was in the "full noise" vid. Tim allens detuned blown hemi (50 somthing ford)anybody else know what im talking about?

I think gmperformanceparts.com has the best pricing on Crate GM motors.

I would go with the EFI version of the 572.

Ive heard of a lot of powerboat guys using these motors. Some rework them just a bit and add EFI to get 750HP n 750T at about $20K

SHU

I am truly married to my best friend.

Jim

Just wanted to let you know how it went.

572 Big Block 1966 Chev c10 on the dyno - YouTube

Jim

http://youtube/Qgrax3E9KzQ

Last edited:
I wasn't here for the beginning of this story, but I certainly am glad I got to see the end result!! That is a sweet build. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back