A REALLY REALLY Bad Day!!

10boom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think today qualifies as one of the worst days I've ever had in my life. I had a Long day at work with alot of BS to deal with, so when I got home I decided to go for a little cruise, being that weather was so nice. So I'm truckin down one of my favorite roads just cruising when a guy in a big ass chevy comes screaming around the corner in my lane!!! I had no where to go but either into him or the side of the road. I chose the latter of the two, and while trying to no go off the side of the road into a creek, I sideswiped a telephone pole and hit a road sign head on. Needless to say I was freaking out, but the worst part was that guy never stopped and kept right on going. I don't think whitey is totalled, but it's definitely gonna be pricey to fix her. I got alot going on right now, adn I don't need this. I don't know what else to say, it still hasn't even really sunk in yet.

Last edited:
dude sorry to hear that...your day makes mine not so bad...i just ran over a razor blade and came out from work to a flat tire....all and all a pretty bad day for the 10's

Well, you gotta be thankful that the truck took the beating, you came away unharmed from what could have been a potential disaster.

Hopefully your insurance will help you out, hate to see bad things happen to good people :(

That sucks man. Looks like they should have no problem fixing it though. Just make sure you find a real good body shop and insist on taking it there.

Dude I really hate to hear about this. Look on the good side.
1. You are not hurt, right?
2. no one else got hurt.
3. You are also not facing 2 felony counts that could send you to jail for 30 years.
4. The wing survived.
5. Most important one here. You have your family here. We will cry with you. We will share your pain. We offer help in anyway.

Then tomorrow we will make fun of you.

Love,
Smoke

Last edited:
Sorry to see that, however like others have said, you are ok, the truck can be fixed.

10boom said:
I think today qualifies as one of the worst days I've ever had in my life. I had a Long day at work with alot of BS to deal with, so when I got home I decided to go for a little cruise, being that weather was so nice. So I'm truckin down one of my favorite roads just cruising when a guy in a big ass chevy comes screaming around the corner in my lane!!! I had no where to go but either into him or the side of the road. I chose the latter of the two, and while trying to no go off the side of the road into a creek, I sideswiped a telephone pole and hit a road sign head on. Needless to say I was freaking out, but the worst part was that guy never stopped and kept right on going. I don't think whitey is totalled, but it's definitely gonna be pricey to fix her. I got alot going on right now, adn I don't need this. I don't know what else to say, it still hasn't even really sunk in yet.

If you need someone to talk to thats been where you are now, let me know. I feel your pain, cuz I know exactly what your feeling.

As I know much of some of you out there don't like "Stealerships", this might be the one time you need to take it to the dealer. "Insist" on OEM parts. It may take a little longer, but worth the wait. Mine was down for about 7 weeks, but drives real nice. Have a few issues and back ordered items but it feels as good as it did before my accident.

Good luck, and keep your chin up. The people hear helped me through, they can do the same for you.

Jeff

Be pissed about it today then tomorrow let it go and move forward. As stated above, you could have been hurt if you didnt avoid the asshole.

Jeff felt this pain 7 weeks ago and look at his truck now. Sorry to read about this bro. Have another beer and get it all out.

patrick

that Blows Bro....I feel your pain....just make sure you formulate a good plan of attack when you put her back together

Does anyone know how they'll fix the cab without compromising the structural integrity of the truck? I though that the cab was one big piece on these trucks.

More than likely they will re-skin it. Those sharp edges are hard to pound out. I got to see alot when I was in the shop taking pictures of my rebuild. All the vehicles that had similar damage had all been re-skinned

Hope that helps

Oh yea...structural integrity looked good on all the ones I saw. keep in mind, none of them were SRT-10's RC

Glad your ok because thats #1

At least we got you in the banner before the damage hehehe :D

You'll be back up in no time, keep that chin up :)

-Red

10, dude that is the sh*ts! So sorry but as all the others have said you are okay and we are here for you. Shit maybe Doneo can hook you up with the people who put his sweet ride together. :burnout:

Bro, that does suck to see yer baby all banged up.... But as the rest of the boys have said, "There's lots worse that coulda happened"...

True, it's easy to be philosophical about someone else's problems, but when you look at the big picture, it isn't leukemia or your baby boy that's been killed. It's a piece of metal that can be replaced or repaired.

Thanks to God and good fortune that you are OK......

SD

I'm glad to hear that you're ok, but bummed that you couldn't get a license plate number. I'd be hunting that mother*)#$@!!!!!

Over the few beers that we had at Beave(r)Run, I know of your love for the truck. I feel bad for ya, man.

Let's hope the insurance company doesn't board the Excuse Train and gets you hooked up again!

Good Luck!

THAT IS FU..KED!!! There are too many assholes driving on the roads with no god damn idea!!

kalani said:
THAT IS FU..KED!!! There are too many assholes driving on the roads with no god damn idea!!
Yeah and some drive on the left :confused:

Boom sorry to hear about the truck...But your ok and prolly pretty drunk right now.......So forget about it for now and tackle it again in the morning :rock:

Im sorry to hear this happen to a nice guy like yourself.Kharma is a bitch,That a##hole will get his.
Btw, that bed cover is gonna cost your insurance BIG BUX!
I had to replace my front spoiler and repair my hood earlier in the year.Many of us have had to make body repairs.Just keep you head up and be patient.Good luck.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back