A REALLY REALLY Bad Day!!

Well they came and picked up Whitey today to take her off to the body shop, so I feel a litle better. The shop that's gonna being doing the work is top-notch so I'm slowly starting to decompress about the whole situation. My insurance company tried to tell me today that since I couldn't keep my truck on the road, that it was my fault for the damage. I just about shit myself after hearing that. More to come on that, that won't stick I promise you.

10boom said:
Well they came and picked up Whitey today to take her off to the body shop, so I feel a litle better. The shop that's gonna being doing the work is top-notch so I'm slowly starting to decompress about the whole situation. My insurance company tried to tell me today that since I couldn't keep my truck on the road, that it was my fault for the damage. I just about shit myself after hearing that. More to come on that, that won't stick I promise you.

?????????

Hell they could say that about my accident. But collision avoidance is a good defensive move. Who do you gave Geico...

Go luck man. Allstate paid every penny (minus deductable) of mine without question. Remember, OEM parts only.....

I was talking to my collision Rep today cuz mine still needs a 30 day once over and the painter still has a little work to do plus a polish and buff. He told me that some insurance companies will try to throw cheap non OEM parts at these expensive vehicles to save a dime. He told me that I should let you know one more thing.

Ask lots of questions

Don't just assume anything, reguardless of how you feel about the shop.

He said most collision reps (as long as your respectful) will take the time and effort to make sure your happy.

Keep us up to date, see you on the road soon.

Glad your OK, Whitey will be too.

Good advice bro! Remember you are the customer, demand what you want and dont accept it if you are not happy!

they are onthe third paint job on Joannes new cooper because they tried to rush it out the first time and dolly it up the second, I raised hell the third time so maybe it wil be right, so remember check it good, in strong sunlight then under flourescent light, it shows more sometimes, but dont accept it if you are not completley happy!

2ndchance said:
A lady pulled out infront of me at an intersection so i swerved to avoid contact. Well she hit me anyways, on the rear quarter panel area. The truck spun out and I struck a concrete pole. I even got ejected out of the passenger side window. By the graces of God I am still here. Hence the name. Good luck and i am glad u are ok. God bless.

Its how you look at it. 2ndchance really is lucky to be alive. We all know the stats on being thrown from a vehicle.....it's usually not good.

Your accident didnt go to the next level like his did...........hence your lucky too.

Whitey will be back!! Hang in there dude.

patrick

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Allstate paid every penny (minus deductable) of mine without question.

Yeah, I pay a little extra for Farmers because they have always taken great care of me and my family (four teenage drivers at the same time). No hassles, no arguments, it just gets done.

And, Stinker's absolutely right. Don't settle for mediocre work.

Main thing is like everyone has said you walked away.

As far as the insurance company not wanting to pay, they all say that. You may have to get a lawyer involled. Car dealerships and Insurance companies are the pit of evil in my book.

As far as the damage its not cheap, but not bad. Most of the hit was on the cab. They will pop the dents or less likely cut it out and replace it. Chances are they will just pop the dents. Which will be easyier since the metal on the cab is thicker and not like fender metal that streches. The front bumper cover they will just replace no harm done there, it looks like it didnt even crack it.

When some jackass sideswiped me in my Rumblebee back last winter. He did about 8 grand of damage to my truck , totalled his explorer after he flipped it a few times in front of me. But most of the damage i took was at the front, left tire and so on and thats a dicy place to get hit because the damage could have been much woarse even totall.

If you find a good bodyshop you will never know anything happend. They can do amazing work.

The worst part is not the repair. If you claim it on your insurance it goes on your vehicle vin record. If you keep your truck no big deal, if you ever try to sale it or trade it, you could loose alot of money.

Do a shearch for DIMINISHED CAR VAULE LAW. 13 states you have the right to file such a claim, but its alittle tricky to do so. That is if you have any notion of not keeping your truck.

FWIW, I believe it's used, but a saw a white/bue C/E reg cab for sale at a Dealership on Friday.:)

I *think* the name of the Dealership is Quigley Dodge? Not 100% on that, but I'll be driving by it again Monday if you care.

Viper7777:
Shit man, a one off SRT? I would think that even after the accident it should be worth a bit, after repairs made. Given that its the only all white truck, that has to count for something. What I mean is, is a wrecked and repaired Superbird worth less than a non wrecked one?..In this case I dont think it matters. the truck could have burned to the ground, and if you rebuilt it, it would still be the only all white SRT ever sold. Am I wrong here?..(forgot there were 2 all white, but one now has stripes, and is in Canada right?)

Yeah guys, on the exclusivity of the truck.... I don't know what to say, did it kill the value of the truck?.....probably some, but I don't wanna sell it, so that doesn't bother me. It's still the only all white SRT-10 out there that came from Dodge on a MSO. That's enough for me. It makes for a good conversation piece when people say "I've never seen an all white one". I'd still love it if they made 5000 of them. I don't know if any of you have seen the thread about the other CE that was badged as #9 running around Kentucky somewhere, but I think this makes it more interesting. I don't have a CE plaque in my truck (it didn't come with one) but my VIN # indicates it's #9, so i think it's pretty interesting. I'd love to see what they other guys VIN # is!

Riff62 said:
Viper7777:
Shit man, a one off SRT? I would think that even after the accident it should be worth a bit, after repairs made. Given that its the only all white truck, that has to count for something. What I mean is, is a wrecked and repaired Superbird worth less than a non wrecked one?..In this case I dont think it matters. the truck could have burned to the ground, and if you rebuilt it, it would still be the only all white SRT ever sold. Am I wrong here?..(forgot there were 2 all white, but one now has stripes, and is in Canada right?)

Oh no doubt the truck is rare however, if a suberbird rolled across barret jackson auto floor, and they said this car was burnt to the ground and was restored. It would sell for less then a superbird that all orginial. If somone is buying that car they are going to be a collector more then likey and a fan and they probally be real picky with what they buy.

However it is all subjective if you find the right buyer. Just makes it harder that is.

Take somone who buys a 80k viper, has it for a week. Somone hits him and was a few k away from totalled. The insurace company decides to fix it. Now what do you do? You have a new viper that will never be the same and the accident is on your Vin number. You just lost a shit load of money inless you decided to keep the car :(

Viper7777 said:
Oh no doubt the truck is rare however, if a suberbird rolled across barret jackson auto floor, and they said this car was burnt to the ground and was restored. It would sell for less then a superbird that all orginial. If somone is buying that car they are going to be a collector more then likey and a fan and they probally be real picky with what they buy.

However it is all subjective if you find the right buyer. Just makes it harder that is.

Take somone who buys a 80k viper, has it for a week. Somone hits him and was a few k away from totalled. The insurace company decides to fix it. Now what do you do? You have a new viper that will never be the same and the accident is on your Vin number. You just lost a shit load of money inless you decided to keep the car :(

I believe that here in Arizona because insurance companies were "screwing people" out of lost value in a vehicle, when they just decided to fix the car, and it ended up on the VIN, there was some law put in place that requires the insurance company to reimburse the owner for lost value in the car, which usually means a total of the car... but it was more meant for classics that more often than not had a really low blue book, but had a really high value in the market, the insurance company was required to pay the "going market rate" for the car, and not the lower of the two...

I don't know which statute it is.. but I recall it coming out because so many indviduals were suing the hell out of insurance companies because of this underhanded practice.

#1 your safe
#2 that dip$hit driver should be watching his 6 from now on if it was me...
#3 insurance companies are pain in the butt!
#4 YOU KILLED WHITEY BASTARD j/k

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back