Bent axle

My C clip did not fail. The bolt that holds the pin in broke. I do have a line lock. I think I bent the axle and broke the bolt and spider gears when I was drag racing last October. I broke my clutch master cylinder and had to tow the truck home. I pulled the motor to replace my loose pistons. I didn't start driving it till February. I never went over 4,000 rpm until it was on the dyno for tuning 3 weeks ago. Thats when I saw the bent axle. I was lucky the magnets grabed the broken tooth. The company is going to cut the ends of the axle housing off and rebuild them for bearings to hold the axles in the housing. I will be taking the axle to them bye the end of next week. I will take before and after shots and let everybody know if this works or not. I will keep Tony up on everything so he can put togeather a kit for everybody else.

The rearend went to the shop today. In about 3 weeks I will post up pics of what they did to it.

The owner of the shop said they won't do the mods to the housing and axles. He said if I bent the stock axle then I'm really putting alot of stress on the rear end. He said the only way he would mod the rear end is to convert it to a full floater like NASCAR use's. I know I bent the axle drag racing. I don't plan on drag racing anymore only road racing from now on. I'm going to put stock axles back in it for now and get my supension work for now. I'm also going to put a powertrac in it. Not a trutrac or locker. If I have problems again I will spring for the floater rear end.

HV SRT said:
The owner of the shop said they won't do the mods to the housing and axles. He said if I bent the stock axle then I'm really putting alot of stress on the rear end. He said the only way he would mod the rear end is to convert it to a full floater like NASCAR use's. I know I bent the axle drag racing. I don't plan on drag racing anymore only road racing from now on. I'm going to put stock axles back in it for now and get my supension work for now. I'm also going to put a powertrac in it. Not a trutrac or locker. If I have problems again I will spring for the floater rear end.

:( :( sorry to hear. sounded like a good idea.

are ya talkin bout a Power Trax unit? if so, have one in my '02 Dakota. does a great job:rock: :rock: :rock:

HV SRT said:
ya might hit up tony - he had a dts rearend that was pretty stout...... :dontknow:

Love my "Stinker Rear End"...!!!!

You could get one without the Detroit Locker...it will not break...period...

Saves about 100 lbs, and you can use any brakes you want...

LOLOL me and don have talked a good bit about my rearend, his rear end, and swapping rear ends,

I am starting to have a deep affection of love for hv srt:confused: :D

Prof said:
Love my "Stinker Rear End"...!!!!

You could get one without the Detroit Locker...it will not break...period...

Saves about 100 lbs, and:dontknow: :dontknow: you can use any brakes you want...:dontknow: :dontknow:

even factory brakes:dontknow: :dontknow:

ZCx said:
even factory brakes:dontknow: :dontknow:
no sir, you get options for a ford break set up, and the wildwood an I think one other, but dont remember since most ususally get the wildwood deal

The Wilwoods save another 40 lbs or so and allow you to use a much smaller wheel if you want to run a 15 inch slick.

Picture521-1.jpg

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
LOLOL me and don have talked a good bit about my rearend, his rear end, and swapping rear ends,

I am starting to have a deep affection of love for hv srt:confused: :D
LOL. If we spend much more time with our rearends a reach around will be needed.:D :D :D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
no sir, you get options for a ford break set up, and the wildwood an I think one other, but dont remember since most ususally get the wildwood deal

:( :( :(

HV SRT said:
LOL. If we spend much more time with our rearends a reach around will be needed.:D :D :D

its way too early for that brain photo:p :p :p :toilet: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back