Custom Streamline Top (on my new truck)

i would keep that cover on, you'll get better towing milage with it on, my cummins is getting 25-28 on the freeway @65

very nice tow rig, 05's are a nice truck

Psycho Mythic said:
I'm a sucker for a good trade, what do ya have in mind?

Trade you my ARE bed cover.
IMG_6414.jpg

Thankx for the compliments guys, I'm extremely pleased with this truck ;). And that 25-28mpg is awesome...what programmer are u using?

Melon, thanks for the offer man but i need my gooseneck available, and I haul my atv on open weekends, but thanks alot for the offer :)

FATJACK said:
You know that truck just might look awesome with that silver cover on it..

That's why I luv ya Jack, always lookin out for me :rock:

Psycho Mythic said:
And that 25-28mpg is awesome...what programmer are u using?

the trick is to keep your boost below 10psi and you will notice the milage. I am useing a edge with attitude, banks filter, afe intake elbow, banks blow off valve, and 90hp injectors, airdog 150 fuel pump. on 35's makes about 530rwhp when turned up on extreme, but with the edge on 2 and 3, i have towed 16500lbs out of san diego out the 8 with no issues in 4th (can tow in overdrive :D ) multiple times

the edge is a nice beginning tuner because it has gauges built in. i would not turn the tuner past 2 (tow mode) or it will destroy your transmission.

Smokey said:
the trick is to keep your boost below 10psi and you will notice the milage. I am useing a edge with attitude, banks filter, afe intake elbow, banks blow off valve, and 90hp injectors, airdog 150 fuel pump. on 35's makes about 530rwhp when turned up on extreme, but with the edge on 2 and 3, i have towed 16500lbs out of san diego out the 8 with no issues in 4th (can tow in overdrive :D ) multiple times

the edge is a nice beginning tuner because it has gauges built in. i would not turn the tuner past 2 (tow mode) or it will destroy your transmission.
Yours is an automatic? Is it built? I know the manuals hold the power much better, the autos go out pretty regularly...

yea, i had mine built by a local shop out here, what was your truck used for before and was it babied? if so you can get a replacement single disc TC and call it good, thats the weak link in the tranny. they slip and over heat teh oil.

mines build with a 3 disc TC, blue race clutches, DD tranny pan was $4400 for everything, done by a local shop

Smokey said:
yea, i had mine built by a local shop out here, what was your truck used for before and was it babied? if so you can get a replacement single disc TC and call it good, thats the weak link in the tranny. they slip and over heat teh oil.

mines build with a 3 disc TC, blue race clutches, DD tranny pan was $4400 for everything, done by a local shop

my was used as a daily for a realitor, and hauled a boat a couple times. Your sayin the clutch is the weak link (manual)? What do you think of a smarty s-06? I got a good offer on one...

Psycho Mythic said:
my was used as a daily for a realitor, and hauled a boat a couple times. Your sayin the clutch is the weak link (manual)? What do you think of a smarty s-06? I got a good offer on one...

the Torque Converters are the weak link on the autos, if urs never had a tune, this is the biggest and best upgrade. they come in a single disk, triple disk, and a 5 disk diegsn. more clutches, greater power holding. i am running a hughs triplpe disk and love it.

http://hughesperformance/

as for the smarty, it ISthe single best tuner on the planet for dodge, i'll pm you my number and make it easier:p

Got an offer on a trade for the camper, an s-06 smarty tuner for the diesel, before i do just wanted to throw it up here for $700 if anyone wnats it, and id definately help out on delivering it. Lemme know guys :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back