Donations for John "Supercar" Hargraves

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Guys, I know many have mentioned taking a collection for flowers or something for John. I suggest that instead we take the collection and donate the money to the American Stroke Association in John's name. Maybe it can help to keep someone else from suffering this same fate.

RIP John GBNF

Great idea Bob, but lets first make sure that his cremation costs and such are covered. Not sure what he had arranged.

Silverback said:
Great idea Bob, but lets first make sure that his cremation costs and such are covered. Not sure what he had arranged.
Good thinking John. I would imagine that being a former leo he had things in place. I'll see what I can find out.

I've asked Roy (Prof) to manage the donations for us. He has accepted and will likely be posting up info soon on where to send donations. Thanks Roy for taking this on.

He also pointed out that if anyone would like to donate directly to the American Stroke Association it would be tax deductible. Either way would be appreciated.

If we find that the money would be of more use to help with John's final arrangements we will probably make use of it in that manner.

I would like to thank everyone that donates in advance. John was a good guy, seems like the least we could do.

http://www.strokeassociation.org/

Thank You OCBob and Prof, plz let me know,....

Also it think it would be a good idea to send flowers to the family for the funeral home from vtcoa, ... i would be in for that as well

thanks,.

Chris

VIPER said:
Thank You OCBob and Prof, plz let me know,....

Also it think it would be a good idea to send flowers to the family for the funeral home from vtcoa, ... i would be in for that as well

thanks,.

Chris
From what I have been told there will not be any formal funeral services, no relatives.

FATJACK said:
From what I have been told there will not be any formal funeral services, no relatives.

Then we need to set a time of day and date to stop what ever we are doing and have a moment of silence for our fallen bro ,,,,from coast to coast

POST IT,, DO IT!:rock:

Last edited:
OCBob said:
I've asked Roy (Prof) to manage the donations for us. He has accepted and will likely be posting up info soon on where to send donations. Thanks Roy for taking this on.

He also pointed out that if anyone would like to donate directly to the American Stroke Association it would be tax deductible. Either way would be appreciated.

If we find that the money would be of more use to help with John's final arrangements we will probably make use of it in that manner.

I would like to thank everyone that donates in advance. John was a good guy, seems like the least we could do.

http://www.strokeassociation.org/

Roy, thanks for taking this effort on:rock:

When you post instructions I'll be all over it...

-jeff

Prof said:
I will be honored to collect the donations for the John Hargraves memorial fund from VTCOA.

Send your contribuitons to PayPal:

[email protected]

or if you prefer, send your contributions directly to the American Stroke Association (a subsidiary of the American Heart Association):

https://donate.americanheart.org/ec...SCAQ?campaignId=&site=Stroke&itemId=prod20002

If you donate to the American Stroke Association directly you will be able to deduct the donation as a charitable contribution.
Are the donations to the John Hargraves memorial fund going to the family for expences or to the American Stroke Association as one big donation from the VTCOA? I'm more interested in our family than a tax deduction.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back