Great Read on Header Technology!

Headers don't work, period! Just ask Nowwhat.;) :D

It's all done with smoke and mirrors.:elefant: :D

Actually it's a well written article that will explain the basics to those that don't understand how headers work.

I'm sure that headers work.... The only question is based on financial viability.

If I can get more hp by cutting my cats out, I'm gonna do that instead.

If I can get more hp for less than the 2 grand I'd pay for B&Bs and heat shields.... I'm going to spend the money on the mod that gives me the most bang for the buck.....

In the "bang for bucks" argument, headers are way down the list .... Maybe even dead last.

I believe that's all Brady is saying...and there's alot of truth there....

Hell, what gives me more performance for my dollars..... :dontknow: Buying sway bar end links and tie rod ends plus a new set of tires, or a set of headers....? Well, there's no arguing that the headers may give me 20hp, but the pleasure of driving down the road and staying in my own lane far outweighs the advantage of 20 extra ponies.

Besides, everyone knows that power isn't the salient ingredient for ultimate performance in Viper trucks... It's traction......

So there.

D

Last edited:
Django said:
I'm sure that headers work.... The only question is based on financial viability.

If I can get more hp for less than the 2 grand I'd pay for B&Bs and heat shields.... I'm going to spend the money on the mod that gives me the most bang for the buck.....

In the "bang for bucks" argument, headers are way down the list .... Maybe even dead last.

Hell, what gives me more performance for my dollars..... :dontknow: Buying sway bar end links and tie rod ends plus a new set of tires, or a set of headers....? Well, there's no arguing that the headers may give me 20hp, but the pleasure of driving down the road and staying in my own lane far outweighs the advantage of 20 extra ponies.

Besides, everyone knows that power isn't the salient ingredient for ultimate performance in Viper trucks... It's traction......

So there.

D

Damn Tim, are we married?:dontknow: You just took all the fun out of it for me.:( ;) :D

Django said:

Hell, what gives me more performance for my dollars..... :dontknow: Buying sway bar end links and tie rod ends plus a new set of tires, or a set opf headers. Well, there's no arguing that the headers may give me 20hp, but the pleasure of driving down the road and staying in my own lane far outweighs the advantage of 20 extra ponies.

Besides, everyone knows that power isn't the salient ingredient for ultimate performance... It's traction......

So there.

D

Well, I'd be willing to bet that ESPECIALLY on Mike's engine, headers would give more HP per $$$ than a lot of other stuff he has done. The more mods done to an engine, the more headers would help in my opinion, but that's just my old hot rodder mentality creeping out again, what do I know anyway.

So there back!;) :D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Well, I'd be willing to bet that ESPECIALLY on Mike's engine, headers would give more HP per $$$ than a lot of other stuff he has done. The more mods done to an engine, the more headers would help in my opinion, but that's just my old hot rodder mentality creeping out again, what do I know anyway.

Well, that's changed my mind completely, Steve.......;)

D

Since when does cost enter the formula when speaking about performance?

Just curious..If someone were to produce a header that was similar in function to say the B&B, but it cost half the price, is there a market for that?

I only ask because it seems like the problem is HP to $$ ratio..

Django said:

So there.

D

I love you.....:D

:D
Texas Yellow Fever said:

for $40.00 I just put in bigger NOS jets....:D

Screw the headers I'm not going to pay ted may 3800.00 For them not even If I was On Crack:rock:

Annu Kumar said:
Screw the headers I'm not going to pay ted may 3800.00 For them not even If I was On Crack:rock:

Make your own then ;) Here is a handy guide.

Annu Kumar said:

Would you buy them if they were 1000.00?..1500.00?...:dontknow:

I guess I am just curious what you all think 1 HP is worth..Or is it not a linear thing..I mean the Roe TMSC goes for like 7k and increases HP about 140-ish, and they are being snatched up left and right..Its a quality product, looks cool, sounds cool, etc..The B&Bs are 3800.00 for like 20-25 HP..If they were 1000.00, would they be worth it?:dontknow:

Riff62 said:
Would you buy them if they were 1000.00?..1500.00?...:dontknow:

I guess I am just curious what you all think 1 HP is worth..Or is it not a linear thing..I mean the Roe TMSC goes for like 7k and increases HP about 140-ish, and they are being snatched up left and right..Its a quality product, looks cool, sounds cool, etc..The B&Bs are 3800.00 for like 20-25 HP..If they were 1000.00, would they be worth it?:dontknow:

Depends on a persons ego as to how important braging rights are :dontknow:

Personally I think all the real fun left hotrodding when folks stopped building thier own and opened a bolt it on cataloge............my .03 cents

Texas Yellow Fever said:

I have always had, and will have headers on all my hotrods.

It is not just HP per $. It is about efficiency and the even and equal flow from all the cyls.

This cannot be done with stock manifolds...;)

FSTJACK said:
I have always had, and will have headers on all my hotrods.

It is not just HP per $. It is about efficiency and the even and equal flow from all the cyls.

This cannot be done with stock manifolds...;)

10.7.....;) .....129.9mph.....;) .....more to come....:D

For me price is a consideration.Now that I have found a set of Mopar headers for a really decent price and I am going to be installing them SOON .Along with the zex nitrous kit I could be running mid 11's for very little cash.Not that I will be going to the track anytime soon.

I even have ceramic coated stainless headers on my 99 Ram 4x4 ( bought when $$$$$$$$$ was of little concern,along with the KenneBell blower)

FSTJACK said:
What do your EGT's run accross the spectrum ?

stop it....EED said the stock mani's can handle the temp and the pressure of a 400 shot.....

here is what I am going to do....I am going to go spend $1800 on lap dances and beer.....then I am going to always post....

"HEADERS ARE A NICE WAY TO ADD 15RWHP FOR $1800....BUT INSTEAD I SPENT $1800 ON LAP DANCES AND BEER...Titties and beer or 15 rwhp.....??.....hmmmm"...:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back