Heading to the DYNO

DevilDawg3097 said:
check your vin number for recall on your cam. they supposedly fixed it but it the PO didn't know much about the truck then they would not have known about the loss of power.
The cam recall was not about lose of power. It was for the timing chain bolts not being tight enough, and falling out.

Bill.

Vid won't play for me either. But 374 is not right, something is wrong.

Bill.

which causes a lose in power, that is how the determined that it was the cam bolts coming just loose enough to loose power

DevilDawg3097 said:
which causes a lose in power, that is how the determined that it was the cam bolts coming just loose enough to loose power
No they fell right out, and blew up the motor. My truck had to have the recall, and the Viper tech told I got it in just in time.

Bill.

trubuilt said:
would the previous owner have had a sct with a valet tune???? maybe a reflash of the computer would bring it back to normal???

Don't think the valet tune would let it get that high. Doesnt the valet tune stop it at 3k rpm?
Could be a bad program maybe? Clogged cats? Clogged fuel filter?

trubuilt said:
would the previous owner have had a sct with a valet tune???? maybe a reflash of the computer would bring it back to normal???
Thats true never even thought about that.

Greg Z said:
Go back and look at my post. I edited in the other 2 runs;)
416 is more like it. Have you checked your airfilter to see if it's clean?

Bill.

I looked at your vids and it has no wing, adding that has got to add 25hp:D :D and going catless will give it some more sound and power:rock: :rock:

trubuilt said:
I looked at your vids and it has no wing, adding that has got to add 25hp:D :D and going catless will give it some more sound and power:rock: :rock:

added it yesterday

got the first dyno run vid working. Go back to my earlier post and check it out

Last edited:
HELL yeah! glad you got some good news now.... go yank the cats off run you some 3" pipe all the way to the muffler of your choice an wala! your above the normal HP level... also check the air filter! again man ive been sweatin over here waiting for you to get back lol

take the sct off, thro it in the trash, and you should be good, and pick up power;)

or spend money well spent and get a good tune from Roe racing:rock: :burnout:

Third run numbers sound about right for bone stock. Did they run the tests in 4th gear and take it up to about 5800, did not sound like it.

Good luck brother! Did you change anything with the exhaust set-up or are you just going to run it as is?

I've got flo pro twisters is that the same you had? I put down 448hp and 480 ftlbs...........

Love my twisters! no drone and nascar loud at wot.

Stinker said:
take the sct off, thro it in the trash, and you should be good, and pick up power;)

o:

What is the SCT ?

FATJACK said:
Third run numbers sound about right for bone stock. Did they run the tests in 4th gear and take it up to about 5800, did not sound like it.

Funny you ask. On the trip back as we were looking at the dyno graphs it appears that they cut the test off at 5100 rpms!!!!! don't what gear they ran in. I plan on calling them today to inquire about the rpms tho.

brokenarrow184 said:
Good luck brother! Did you change anything with the exhaust set-up or are you just going to run it as is?

as is:D :D :D :D

bigike said:
I've got flo pro twisters is that the same you had? I put down 448hp and 480 ftlbs...........

Love my twisters! no drone and nascar loud at wot.

your word twisters is plural so I presume you have two mufflers. I only had one and it said Twister no where on it. But everyone has agreed the FLO PRO's are junk.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back