Heading to the DYNO

twisterpic1.jpg
twisterpic2.jpg

Bro I love these things! Good sound and power.

does it matter that the underhood light could not stay lit during the hard pull?????... and wash that truck!LOL

Streetgliderx said:
does it matter that the underhood light could not stay lit during the hard pull?????... and wash that truck!LOL

I was wondering about that light also.:dontknow:

and yeah, I've got my guy washing it as I type:D

it also looks like a glow in the engine bay round the firewall need to look this over good maybe a misfiring plug wire

Greg Z said:
What is the SCT ?

I was thinking somewhere you posted that it had a SCT tuner with the truck, I could be mistaken:eek:

But if it doesnt, the norm for a RC is around 420+rwhp depending on the dyno.

peak power is usually in the 550rpm range

Looks like they cut you short Greg, the dyno was still climbing and it should got to at least 5800, looks like you would have made over 400 if they would have;)

Stinker said:
Looks like they cut you short Greg, the dyno was still climbing and it should got to at least 5800, looks like you would have made over 400 if they would have;)

No, I thought the same thing so I just got off the phone with them. They assure me they ran it to redlline or real close its just something with the ignition does not give them a good RPM read. Prolly the same issue with the G-techs not working in our trucks I presume.

Streetgliderx said:
it also looks like a glow in the engine bay round the firewall need to look this over good maybe a misfiring plug wire

I don't see any glow, maybe its just the camera trying to focus or something. Which run did you see it in?

Greg Z said:
No, I thought the same thing so I just got off the phone with them. They assure me they ran it to redlline or real close its just something with the ignition does not give them a good RPM read. Prolly the same issue with the G-techs not working in our trucks I presume.

Maybe it is an issue with his dyno... If it can not get the appropriate RPM then I would wonder a little bit.

Greg if you dyno is nt reading correctly I wouldnt trust it, I think youmay be reading too much into this.

I really dont think there is a problem, if its not the clutch, you dont have a tuner and your cats are not clogged, you shouldnt have a problem.

You need a dyno reading that shows all the way up.

the easiest way to tell if you have any problem is to do a leak down test, that will tell you if you have any internal engine probs sir

it was in the second pull vid i noticed it the most in... the glow in the back of the engine bay that is

sorry i seen it again its the reflextion of that light dimming

still kinda funny the lights sucking down like that

Last edited:
Greg Z said:

Mine did the same thing.................

Dyno0001.jpg

Greg Z said:
I was wondering about that light also.:dontknow:

Dont worry about that light...its normal ;)

Dyno or not, your new numbers sans muffler looks ok.

Simple mods that will give you the most bang for your buck:

SCT Tuner - find someone local or a tuner that will work with you and give updated tunes specific to your truck

Drop in filter - $45 = 8rwhp

Mids w/HF cats - best exhaust mod period...at least 25rwhp

catback - another 15rwhp off baseline compared to stock

With the SCT tuner you should be able to give you a few ponies on top but more importantly bring your hp and torque curves up significantly in the lower rpms.

Peak HP on the stock cam/heads is around 5800...when you get your sct tune have them change the rev limit to 6200.

Search your local muscle car forums for a reputable dyno and if you are happy with shop..Use it for all tuning, pre-post mods...

Never get caught up in dyno number comparisons with posts online.... from dyno to dyno you can see a 10% swing in numbers based on dyno mfg and configuration.

I think it is the pick up they used............. you see at that rpm my engine was easily in the ludicrous speed if not close to plaid and there is now way any pickup could handle that amount of vibration..................

So... How does it feel now without the trailer?

I would imagine that you can feel the 30+ hp pretty good!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back