INSURANCE COMPANIES SUCK!!!

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i purchased my truck last year, I knew my insurance was gonna be up there because of my age...I shopped around and tried all of the well known companies and the best rate i got was $2,200 a year for both my trucks. My srt was full coverage, my 96 was just liability..I paid up and dealt with it..
So one year later i get my renewal notice...During the last year, i managed to not get a single speeding ticket or pulled over period..Needless to say my record is clean. No dui's, accidents, nothing. Somebody plz explain to me why Infinity insurance raised my rates from 2,200 a year to $13,600!!!
Which is something like $1,300 a month as it notes on the notice. I was sure it was a typo so i called my broker. I explained it to him and he said that it must be a mistake. He calls infinity and finds out that its no mistake. They tell him that there were some changes in the rates this year. they also said that it has to do with being an SRt vehicle. What do you guys pay a month? Anyone have a company they recommend?

when you initally got it estimated they probably thought it was just a 1500. i pay 6200 a year through progressive. but i also live in the shi*hole of jersey

DUDE!!:eek: That's outrageous!!

I use Allstate and my rates are normal but I'm old and married.:dontknow:

Good luck though!!!!

call Patrick Hall (He's my friend of 20 years, and best man @ his weeding)
619-670-8585 or his dad Ronn Hall, they own an allstate office and take care of me and my buddies....Tell him Patrick sent you and he will give you the best deal he can :D

65.00/month Full coverage 150/300k...thats for the VIPER!

-Red

Stanimal said:
when you initally got it estimated they probably thought it was just a 1500. i pay 6200 a year through progressive. but i also live in the shi*hole of jersey

You know what i think they might of classified as 1500..
they have it on the paper as follows; 2004 dodge ram srt-10 1500 4x2:dontknow:

$6200 a year!!!! dAMN...... if i can get a lower rate or the same one i had before imma have to get rid of my truck...
Or just "casually leave it some where" and collect a powertrain for my 96'...man i dont know what to do

Last edited:
About $1,200/yr. or $600.00 twice a year. I might also mention that I'm 62/yrs. old. And that's with a good driver discount.

21st Century Ins.

Quick

Depends on your AGE as well, but 13K is NutZ!!:eek: Especially with a clean record!!

Both my truck and my Focus are a bit over 2,000/year through State Farm - Full coverage. I'm 38 w/ a clean record.

I'd start shopping ASAP!!

RedSrt007 said:
call Patrick Hall (He's my friend of 20 years, and best man @ his weeding)
619-670-8585 or his dad Ronn Hall, they own an allstate office and take care of me and my buddies....Tell him Patrick sent you and he will give you the best deal he can :D

65.00/month Full coverage 150/300k...thats for the VIPER!

-Red
thanks patrick!!!!! I will definately call him tomarrow!!!! This might even save me some money to finally get some mods!!!

RedSrt007 said:
call Patrick Hall (He's my friend of 20 years, and best man @ his wedding)

-Red
Any man who helps me weed, is a best man!!!

:D

Dude, your getting screwed

I pay 197 a month....with a $18,000 claim on my record.

Don't remind me, I know, I know....what was I doing and/or thinking

Holy Crap I pay $2300 per year but Im also 20, when i become 21 it should be cut in half. Not to mention i can be of age to drink also, I have no idea how that works?

FerrariTruck said:
Your charged by the liter with the Ins/Co. 8.3/liters

Quick

Well i guess i was asking for it...I'm 22, live in Los angeles, viper truck:dontknow: I guess being red doesnt help either

FerrariTruck said:
Well i guess i was asking for it...I'm 22, live in Los angeles, viper truck:dontknow: I guess being red doesnt help either
Same thing, except I am 26. I use Progressive, 50,000 full coverage insurance, $160 a month.

FerrariTruck said:

$6200 a year!!!! dAMN...... if i can get a lower rate or the same one i had before imma have to get rid of my truck...
Or just "casually leave it some where" and collect a powertrain for my 96'...man i dont know what to do

i know on mine they thought it was a 1500. i made sure they knew what it was so that i didnt get screwed also. sorry to hear about it man

Dude.......WTF???

I actually just got what i was waiting for......At the end of July i totaled my other truck (04 Ram 1500 QC) and today (5 months later) i got a letter stating that my premium was increasing from 155 mo. to 195 mo(1164 yr).. Oh and did i mention im 27 yrs old.....I deal with Progressive.:rock:

whats funny is my girl just got popped ten minutes agocause the cop thought my car wasn't insured. he said the insurance card was too new. progressive gives new cards every 6 months and my plan is renewed on jan. 2 and june 2. so he wrote her a ticket and said bring the policy to court. COPS SUCK.

SRT-IZ-4me said:
Dude.......WTF???

I actually just got what i was waiting for......At the end of July i totaled my other truck (04 Ram 1500 QC) and today (5 months later) i got a letter stating that my premium was increasing from 155 mo. to 195 mo(1164 yr).. Oh and did i mention im 27 yrs old.....I deal with Progressive.:rock:

I quoted progressive...i think they wanted 600 a month:confused: Not sure but i remember it was high

somethin really doesnt sound right bro. i dont understand cause you said you didnt have a lot of points.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back