just found 93 oct. gas for 1.02 per gal.

perk_1405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a call that a local stations pump was fing up so i went and filled up when i turned in the gas light came on so i filled the truck up for 27.00:elefant: :elefant: damn what a deal. the pump only showed that i got like 8gal. but it filled my truck up from empty. he filled his stang up for 10 bucks... good find:rock:

:toilet:
perk_1405 said:
i got a call that a local stations pump was fing up so i went and filled up when i turned in the gas light came on so i filled the truck up for 27.00:elefant: :elefant: damn what a deal. the pump only showed that i got like 8gal. but it filled my truck up from empty. he filled his stang up for 10 bucks... good find:rock:

So you stole gas from a gas station?:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

perk_1405 said:
not really i paid what they charged

So the owner knew the pumps were not working and sold you the gas for $1:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

If you cashed a check at your bank and the teller gave you $100 more than the check was for would you consider it "what they gave you":dontknow: .......I had a bank teller give me $20 more than my check was for a few weeks ago...I went back in and gave it back...dang, slept great ever since..:)

Reminds me of a true story where a woman needed cash and prayed to God for help. She said God answered her prayers when she paid for some food with a ten dollar bill and the clerk gave her change for a twenty. She honestly didn't see anything wrong with taking the extra money. Some people just don't get it. :hmmmm2:

Integrity is priceless. It's worth far more than the $2+ a gallon that was saved.

Big Asp said:
Reminds me of a true story where a woman needed cash and prayed to God for help. She said God answered her prayers when she paid for some food with a ten dollar bill and the clerk gave her change for a twenty. She honestly didn't see anything wrong with taking the extra money. Some people just don't get it. :hmmmm2:

Integrity is priceless. It's worth far more than the $2+ a gallon that was saved.

Werd...........

D

sorry i didnt realise i was on oprah, or is it montel?.. i just seen it as getting screwed every time i got gas, b/c of how redicilious prices are. i was just sticking it to the man who had been sticking it to me. again im sorry,

A person is either honest and honorable or they are not. There is no such thing as situational morality.

Perk, suggest you re-evaluate who and what you are. Then examine how you want to be perceived. You are always communicating...sending some kind of message...think about the message you have sent in your post...

Maybe this situation will be turned into a good experience...suggest you go to the manager of that station and pay what you owe. Try it, you may feel really good about the experience.

i was just sticking it to the man who had been sticking it to me. again im sorry

your taking it out on the wrong person,the station owner is just trying to make a living like the rest of us

i guess you guys are right, i wasnt looking at it that way. i guess i still have a lot of learning to do. thanks for all you wise men.

Nice response...

Thanks for considering others opinions...some would have not done that!

perk_1405 said:
i guess you guys are right, i wasnt looking at it that way. i guess i still have a lot of learning to do. thanks for all you wise men.

Learning is a life long endevor, if you do it right. Congratulations on doing it right. :rock:

Yesterday at the cafeteria the registers were not working correctly and the people had to figure out the change manually. The machine did not tell them to give back $3.55 for a $1.45 sale if you gave them a $5.00 bill.

Well the gal in my line could not do it. The guy in front of me gave her a $20.00 bill for a $7.10 lunch. He got $19.90 in change, and just walked off. She screwed up mine also, so I counted it back to her and gave the excess back. Well the guy that took the $19.90 in change was at the condiment station when I walked up and I told him that he should give it back. He didn't know why he should and planned on keeping it. I then reminded him that once a year we are all required to sign an Ethics Agreement, and that what he was doing was not ethical. Still didn't care.

Just goes to prove what I have said since we started having to sign this Ethics Agreement. Signing a piece of paper does not make you ethical. That is up to the person and what kind of person they really are.

glad you see the light,so... are you going to return the money? follow through! i always preach to my kids GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE ,maybe not today,maybe not tommorrow.... (karma you know!);) :D

Last edited:
Heres a true story: I have been overpaid two times by two different banks, 1000.00 each time. Each time I walked back, and handed the money to the girls. To say the least they were both flabergasted, but I knew a mistake in that kind of money could cost them their jobs. Within 5-6 months of each incident, I WON 1000.00 (2000.00 total) in giveaways from two different radio stations. Each time I slpit the money among my employees. KARMA is what life is really all about!

popacoll said:
Heres a true story: I have been overpaid two times by two different banks, 1000.00 each time. Each time I walked back, and handed the money to the girls. To say the least they were both flabergasted, but I knew a mistake in that kind of money could cost them their jobs. Within 5-6 months of each incident, I WON 1000.00 (2000.00 total) in giveaways from two different radio stations. Each time I slpit the money among my employees. KARMA is what life is really all about!

AMEND.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Gas stations usually don't have a real big mark up, and when something like that happens, the poor clerk on duty, who's one of the working poor, most likely lost their job, or had to pay for the misreading on that pump.

KARMA has a way of coming back to you. GOOD and BAD

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back