Mopars at the Motorplex Apr18 2009

RandTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mopars at the Motorplex race & show April 18 2009
Texas Motorplex NHRA 1/4 mile track Ennis Texas

We are getting some of the preliminary plans set on this.

Had a great time last year and this year
http://www.moparsatthemotorplex.com/

http://www.tmccc.org/MoparMotorplex/gallery/index.html

should be even better combining the race with a car -truck show,
We'd Really like to see a good truck turnout this time.

So who's interested attending and would that be for race, show, both ... spectators?

Thanks
Randy

----
and here's some notes from the Dec meeting:
We had quite the meeting a good 3+ hours worth.
Here's some the the highlights of what was discussed.

It's a MOPARS or MOPAR_Powered only event.
A MOPAR with any brand engine is fine, Any vehicle with a MOPAR engine is fine for both show or race.

The car show will be JUDGED event vs participant voting.
You could both Show and Race but it might get dicey since you could miss your judging or miss some call to the staging lanes. However since it's a JUDGED event, it is possible and we'll try to work something out for those
that want to both show and race.

Gate will open at 8 maybe 8:30 and we are looking a all day event.
Show award presentation will probably be by mid afternoon.
Race finals will likely be close to dark.
Sunday the 19th is reserved as the rainout date.

Show guys, racers, and spectators will park in different sections but all in the pit side area of the Motorplex. There will also be a swap meet area with assigned spaces. Not sure about the swap spaces but Show and Race fees include Car and it's Driver. Additional people come in and pay as spectators.
The races classes will be the same or similar to last year.

Sportsman class will bracket style rather than last years index style. so the biggest difference between sportsman and ET Elim is that sportsman doesn't allow true slicks and requires dot approved tires. In theory more guys with street
tires would run that class but nothing prevents street tires running in the ET Eliminator classes either. Both classes will be footbrake (no-e) full tree.
Looks like ET Eliminator will have a guaranteed payout regardless of size of field. Other classes might end up the same or remain the more normal payouts based on x number of cars entered.

I didn't really even suggest we try to run a truck only class this time, just don't think we could get enough truck racers this year and wouldn't want to try to deal with scratching up the extra sponsorship to get enough truck specific payout sponsorship to make it work. Plus although this is quite a few months away the first magazine adds need to be submitted in a week or so.
Lets see how things work out truck wise then if we have enough participation, we can look at truck specific sponsorship and race classes
next year. Think we had about 8 trucks last year's first annual, in the no-e eliminator class, I am hoping we have at least 16 new gen trucks this year. last year we had about 24 total cars-trucks in that no e footbrake class, this year hoping for 32+.
Personally I like running against both trucks and cars in the same 12.00 sec and slower bracket class anyway

We're still looking for more sponsorship, there will be a wide range of advertising possibilities from hanging a banner on the fence to the Main Sign on the Hwy. If anyone wants to sponsor and stake claim to a bit of
advertising space let me know and I'll help you get with the people you
need to talk to.

Lots of work involved with this thing set up, advertised, and sponsored, but this is going to a great event hope everyone can plan to attend.
Thanks
Randy

Sounds very promising...... I know Vemon Power, OSO, bigike, Ironhead may want to do this

that be great and if any of you guys are interesting racing in the TMCCC series let me know those races are lots of fun too.

Don't know if mentioned it but they have a TnT the night before and we'll probably be allowed to spend the night at the track Fri night if we want to like last year.

Count me in, I dont give a f**k if I'm suppose to work or not:D

jbilledeaux said:
Count me in, I dont give a f**k if I'm suppose to work or not:D

this sounds like a great G2G i will be there for sure i never had my bee on the track before :burnout:

Good deal
shoot I forgot about the rumblebee forums & clubs.
we need a bunch of them too. :)
If you are member or another mopar forum feel free to pass on the info and invites.
I missed our last CowtownMopars meeting so I don't have new updates yet.
Thanks
Randy

edit: I just posted the info on rumblebee.org but if you know of others pass it on
Thanks.

Last edited:
Few updates.
the new flier is up at
http://www.moparsatthemotorplex.com/

It's going to race OR show, the logistics of doing both with the same vehicle isn't going to work out.

The LX cars are going to race with the rest us vs an LX only class like they did last year.

We will have 6 race classes.
most of us would either be in the
ET eliminator 12.00_and_slower class
or the
Sportsman class DOT approved tires only (no true slicks)
Both will be 1/4 mile, full tree, bracket style.
(the rules still say sportsman is index racing but I think that a remnant from last year)

The Show will have 34 judged classes.
It's gonna be a great event.
-Randy

Fahrenheit said:
Sounds very promising...... I know Vemon Power, OSO, bigike, Ironhead may want to do this

Unfortunately you gotta nix me outta this.. By then, I won't even be within our borders.. This really sucks, regarding GTGs, I've been reduced to making a few special guest appearances..:(

BUMP and i will be there :rock: this is gonna be awsome i gotta hurry up and get my paint work done so i can make the 10's look bad next to my pretty BEE :D

Coley 1334 said:
BUMP and i will be there :rock: this is gonna be awsome i gotta hurry up and get my paint work done so i can make the 10's look bad next to my pretty BEE :D
It's gonna take more than paint:D :D
I can't wait, should be a blast:rock:

jbilledeaux said:
It's gonna take more than paint:D :D
I can't wait, should be a blast:rock:

we will see...... i am gonna park next to you and you will see how many ppl ignore your 10 to check out my BEE:D ;)

Last edited:
Till I pop the hood:D :D
If hemibates happens to read this hopefully his wife will give him a yard pass to come wit us and have some fun:D

Coley 1334 said:
we will see...... i am gonna park next to you and you will see how many ppl ignore your 10 to check out my BEE:D ;)

dont make me show up now.....I cant have you picking on the 10's:D

wheredwhogo? said:
dont make me show up now.....I cant have you picking on the 10's:D

hey i was just pickin on his truck not yours :D

and i will leave the hood closed and ppl will just think its a 10 :D
(but better lookin);) :D :marchmellow:

Coley 1334 said:
hey i was just pickin on his truck not yours :D

and i will leave the hood closed and ppl will just think its a 10 :D
(but better lookin);) :D :marchmellow:
:D :D :D :D :D ;)

Latest posts