My engine blew up. :mad:

take the sts off and sell it to marty or trade for the rods and you buy the pistons then youll have a stout bottom end and can go from there. may take you a lot longer to get where you want hp wise but you wont be backing up. if my motor turned loose tomorrow it would have to be parked in my shed for a while till i could scrape enough cash together to get it built. this would be a good idea for a sticky thread prices on parts for internal engine parts. give bone a call im sure hes researched a lot of this.

Scott,

Jack emailed me today and told me your engine blew. I'm so sorry to hear that. You were the last bastion of hope for all of us turbo guys.

Listen to Stinker. Completely rebuild it and do it right from the start. You'll regret putting a bandaid on it whether you keep it or not. If you keep it, you'll be confident that the engine is put together right. If you get rid of it, well, my dad taught me never to pawn off my problems on someone else, dealer, private party, whatever. He was an mechanic and his good name and personal integrity were his bread and butter.

As you know, I went through two engines trying to get the turbo to work. I could have had my Dart or my Duster running 8s or 9s for what I invested in the truck. I finally chose to go back to N/A. I can't say if the turbo will work on a Viper engine or not. I just wasn't willing to spend any more of my time or money to find out. I still did a forged rebuild since the stock internals are so weak. Now I have a solid running truck with enough go fast goodies to be just a little quicker than stock. Peace of mind is priceless.

The used engine idea sounds like a decent alternative. You won't be able to rebuild your engine for the prices I'm seeing for a used engine. But, again, you'll be dealing with an unknown quantity with a used engine. It just might be an engine where someone put a bandaid on it and then sloughed it off on some unsuspecting Joe.

Whatever you do, take your time and do your home work. DC performance, Roe or any other reputable Viper builder should be able to help you choose the right parts and help you find decent prices. Best of luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Big Asp said:
Scott,

Jack emailed me today and told me your engine blew. I'm so sorry to hear that. You were the last bastion of hope for all of us turbo guys.

Listen to Stinker. Completely rebuild it and do it right from the start. You'll regret putting a bandaid on it whether you keep it or not. If you keep it, you'll be confident that the engine is put together right. If you get rid of it, well, my dad taught me never to pawn off my problems on someone else, dealer, private party, whatever. He was an mechanic and his good name and personal integrity were his bread and butter.

As you know, I went through two engines trying to get the turbo to work. I could have had my Dart or my Duster running 8s or 9s for what I invested in the truck. I finally chose to go back to N/A. I can't say if the turbo will work on a Viper engine or not. I just wasn't willing to spend any more of my time or money to find out. I still did a forged rebuild since the stock internals are so weak. Now I have a solid running truck with enough go fast goodies to be just a little quicker than stock. Peace of mind is priceless.

The used engine idea sounds like a decent alternative. You won't be able to rebuild your engine for the prices I'm seeing for a used engine. But, again, you'll be dealing with an unknown quantity with a used engine. It just might be an engine where someone put a bandaid on it and then sloughed it off on some unsuspecting Joe.

Whatever you do, take your time and do your home work. DC performance, Roe or any other reputable Viper builder should be able to help you choose the right parts and help you find decent prices. Best of luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Big Asp and Prof have said it well.

patrick

Sorry to hear about the engine dude.I would suggest a gallon of unleaded in the glove box ,and boom the insurance company pay up;) .Seriously bad sh#t buddy thats my worst fear with these trucks.

TheSickness said:
Scotty call Bone and pick his brain on this as well...:D

He's been PMing me already. :burnout:plus, he has Taliban Dan's number as well.

Go back to N/A and sell the turbo setup to recoupe some of the price to fix.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back