My new 10 feels SLOW

I would go and cut the pieps off right behind the muffler or before it if you want it real loud. It sounds like the xhaust is choked up. Personally I would cut it off before the muffler and drive it load. It has been written several time that chambered exhaust doesn't really do any good to your truck. Let us k ow but I would be it in the garage with a hacksaw.

Greg Z said:
another 4 to 4200 rpm clutch drop. This one a lil faster/harder clutch drop. Once clutch dropped I floored the beast. Yes, it spun a decent bit but came no where close to smoking,cooking,boiling or anything else the tires. and 2nd wasnt shit.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/....htm?ref=58f0a474-c718-4073-8fc2-9b39015daad2

Heck I'd still be sitting there spinning and dancing before it moved.
Hit second and it would start all over!:D

Either you have GREAT traction or......

have you looked in the bed? Maybe it's carrying a load of cement?:)

Does sound better then the first video.:dontknow:

greg, you truck sounds good, I would still get the Dyno and probably some new exhaust but it is nice. when i get home I am going to take a video as the same so you can hear it. Worm

Big Worm said:
greg, you truck sounds good, I would still get the Dyno and probably some new exhaust but it is nice. when i get home I am going to take a video as the same so you can hear it. Worm
yeah what this guy said sound s good and drive that thing hard

Hell I have a QC and if brought the RPMS anywhere near 4K I would buying a new set of tires. I know it is a different launch here with an Auto but something does not sound right. Even if I brought it up to about 1500K and then mashed the gas it will smoke em up. From a standing start and just flooring it most times will give a 2-3 second burnout before it hooks up.

I know we are talking different animals here but roasting the tires in any 10 should be a non issue.

I have a stock 04 and if I launch at 2500 it will go right up to and stay at the rev limiter untill I shift to 2nd and the same thing right up to the limiter I have to do a "pedal fest" to keep it off of the limiter! also in your second vid it seems like it takes along time to get to max revs in 4th? were you wot? heck I would run out of road here on maui if I did a launch like that and I'd be near terminal velocity,
But Mine won't break the tires loose if I roll on at 5 or 10mph either?!! unless I'm going around a corner then you'd better be holding on to somthing!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
joe

If you keep the truck maybe we can meet up one day and have a little fun. See how they run side by side. Your truck does sound right but judging from the race with the mustang something is wrong. My truck is stock except for a computer and I can walk mustangs all day. Hell, I was walking them before I had the computer.

Im sure your clutch is fine. You've been through enough vehicles to know when you have a bad clutch. With all the runs you've made and clutch drops, it would have definitely been roasted by now if it was bad.

The video from inside, it appears as though everything is normal. You might want to get someone to do a compression check for you. Theres been some issues with pistons. I don't know if you know the previous owner or what mods he had done before he sold it. Compression is something you might want to look into.

If you do keep it, hit me up in a few weeks, I leave to go offshore tomorrow. When I get back in we can get together and see how they stack up.

OsirruZ said:
If you keep the truck maybe we can meet up one day and have a little fun. See how they run side by side. Your truck does sound right but judging from the race with the mustang something is wrong. My truck is stock except for a computer and I can walk mustangs all day. Hell, I was walking them before I had the computer.

Im sure your clutch is fine. You've been through enough vehicles to know when you have a bad clutch. With all the runs you've made and clutch drops, it would have definitely been roasted by now if it was bad.

The video from inside, it appears as though everything is normal. You might want to get someone to do a compression check for you. Theres been some issues with pistons. I don't know if you know the previous owner or what mods he had done before he sold it. Compression is something you might want to look into.

If you do keep it, hit me up in a few weeks, I leave to go offshore tomorrow. When I get back in we can get together and see how they stack up.

everything you said sounds good and I will check compression. I'll PM you my number, just call me when you're in from offshore.

ACE said:
I have a stock 04 and if I launch at 2500 it will go right up to and stay at the rev limiter untill I shift to 2nd and the same thing right up to the limiter I have to do a "pedal fest" to keep it off of the limiter!
joe

SEE!
What do you all say about this?

If his has the power to do this then something HAS GOT TO BE WRONG with mine. Thats a big power difference.

Joe, can you do a video today and show us?

Stagethree said:
Heck I'd still be sitting there spinning and dancing before it moved.
Hit second and it would start all over!:D

Either you have GREAT traction or......

and yet again. arrghh, why won't mine do this!!!!!

SlvrSnake said:
Hell I have a QC and if brought the RPMS anywhere near 4K I would buying a new set of tires. I know it is a different launch here with an Auto but something does not sound right. Even if I brought it up to about 1500K and then mashed the gas it will smoke em up. From a standing start and just flooring it most times will give a 2-3 second burnout before it hooks up.

I know we are talking different animals here but roasting the tires in any 10 should be a non issue.

and again

dude go cut your exhaust off and see what happens. I think your exhaust might have something to do with it.

It seems like everyone is saying the same thing, they all think it has something to do with the exhaust. I've heard of way too many cats getting clogged up. Go fix that!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back