no clutch!!

iraqivet01 said:
When you pay this much for a vehicle, you expect some kind of quality in what you buy.
Dude- mine doesn't even have a clock!
:D

Kid- don't feel bad about the credit thing. It took me a LONG time to just get BASIC credit. When I bought my first house, the mortgage company was looking for ANY kind of references- "Did you ever borrow $10 from a friend and pay him back in a timely manner?". I wish I was joking, but it actually came to that. Credit takes a while to build up (unless you get in super-deep, which can be done very easily and very quickly).
Patience, and it will happen.

With regards to the Master/slave cylinder: Check for 'wrecks' on ebay, Viper cars and trucks. Contact the owner about the master/slave cylinder system. Ask if you can pick it up. Local is good too. If there's one near me, I'll go take it off for ya (no charge).

Last edited:
1bad4dr said:
Yup, same thing happened to the wifes (mrssrt10) RC.... Only it happened at 10K miles.

Unfortunetly the Clutch only has a 12K mile limit on it, but I am pretty sure that if you explain to the Service Writer that there are many SRT10's with this issue, you should be able to get it covered under warranty.

You can even have your Service Writer call mine. Melloy Dodge (Albuquerque, NM) ask for Chris. Have him remind Chris it was Ron's (wth the Black and Blue SRT8 Charger. Chris will know who) wifes SRT10 that they replaced the entire Clutch system....

Good luck bro.

And Hnrthefallen, Give Arizona Power and Sound. Ask for Mike. He is a top notch Mechanic.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO!!!

Kid, what can I say that hasnt been said already.......These trucks are freaken pricey to buy, pricey to fix, pricey to mod............be thankful you got one at your age.......which I think you are. Fix what you can, dont ever slip the clutch with hard launches.............. and upgrade it when you can.

patrick

thanks guys. Just got off the phone with the dealeship here is the verdict.

Cooling system-Gone (warranty)
Power Steering-Gone (warranty)
Brake lines- gone (Warranty)
Clutch-shattered to the rivets..which I dont understand (NOT warranty)
Sanity.....-Gone (Not Covered)

Im lookin around 1200 to get it fixed, tryin to upgrade now to avoid future problems. I think this thread should be forwarded to someone at Dodge to show them that this is a reoccuring problem, and it should be covered under warranty, or better yet should do a recall and put some qualtiy parts in there

so now here is the questions. If I am to upgrade, what do I go with that will be more beneficial to me, and at the best price. And of course where do I get it from

www.RoeRacing.com speak with Dave or Sean (Florida)

www.x-metal.com speak with Marty or Gary (Indiana)

Both will do you right and you can count on their opinions being the best available...

Both are trustworthy and you will probably find their costs about the same.

thank you for the info sir. i am headin ovr to the dealership now to see if I can work something out for next week. and to see what else I can get done under warranty. If Im lucky maybe I can get a new engine and tranny all under warranty lol.

well im goin to have them replace everything with their parts as they said that they were doing this as a favor considering the aftermarket CAI and exhaust could void my warranty, and they cannot warranty any other parts but theyre own. Who knows maybe I wil get lucky, and blow everything right before the 36k warranty is up and get all new stuff. maybe even the new 8.4L :)

If you have to pay for the clutch, get the Centerforce clutch and viper hydrolics(wont work without it). You can use the factory flywheel which is much cheaper than aftermarket. Labor for clutch install should be in the $350 to $400 range.

The stock clutch's are just not strong enough for 500 HP and 5000 lbs of truck. If you slip em and or have some strong launches it will burn up fast. DC will never pay for shit when it comes to clutch's. They wouldnt warranty mine when it was in the warranty period!!! I would be thankfull that your getting all that other stuff covered.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

patrick

Patrick, I don't think he is listening/reading very carefully. This may turn out to be one of those penny wise pound foolish decisions driven by a few thousand dollars.

There is an old philosophy that seems to be lost on many...do it right the first time...half wise solutions just cause additional and sometimes worse problems later on. I used to have a boss that emphasized "massive overkill" to be sure problems faced in the future did not retrace problem paths taken in the past. The cost analysis always seemed to be positive when looking back.

I am sure he understands,but given his present financial situation he simply can't do any better right now.With no money and no credit,you are pretty far up sh_t creek.

I am also sure that we are offering good advice on upgrading now,but without the money,it is advice he can't take.

exactly. I understand completely and would like to be able to put the best of everything available into the truck right now. However this seems to have hit me at a most inopportune time as I just returned from a small vacation and paid off some other debts, that now leaves me with barely enough to fix it. Im goin in tomorrow mornin to ask if they could hold it for me so I can save up some money to afford the repairs

05RamSRTkid said:
exactly. I understand completely and would like to be able to put the best of everything available into the truck right now. However this seems to have hit me at a most inopportune time as I just returned from a small vacation and paid off some other debts, that now leaves me with barely enough to fix it. Im goin in tomorrow mornin to ask if they could hold it for me so I can save up some money to afford the repairs

Love your truck...have a ball...drive it like you stole it.:rock: :rock: :rock:

haha I do Love it, every single minute of it, and I have to be carefull on the drivin part, cause my insurance is high enough as it is haha

05RamSRTkid said:

I hear ya dude............good luck with whatever you end up doing or can do.:)

patrick

If I was you I would see if any member made the up grade,and has his old cluch and flywheel out there.I know of one that change at 6000 miles.His old things are like new.Would hold you until the money came to you.This is a club we are to help others. GOOD LUCK WOODY LOADED SRT-10

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back