Roe Supercharger long term test

Demon1 said:
Mr. 10.73 @ 125, you started this.....
I come on to the forum to give some positive information about a manufacturer's product and without knowledge or information you say that I am spamming....and it's not personal? You have every right not to agree with my opinion but you have no right to accuse someone of something when you have no knowledge of it. I am used to having to defend myself on the internet because of other keyboard engineers like yourself. If you are not one to start up, then why by your own admittance have people private messaged you to lay off of Boomer. I have made thousands of passes down the racetrack, driven hendreds of hot rods and made thousands of dyno pulls. So here I am pleased with a product because I know my way around performance products and decided to share that with the members of the forum on this board and you have the stupidity to accuse me of something that you have no facts on. By the way there happens to be 3 pro stock teams in Charlotte, Victor Cagnazzi, Ken Black Racing and myself. I won't be posting any more as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
BG

you brag about your roe, your 2000 watt stero, a just because you are barry blow hard, you get to be in a magazine?
you dont even have a good grocery getter!LOLOL magazine boy

400, brady, blake all have ten times the ride you do, hell do like doug herbert did, take it to a real shop, not a nickel and dime shop, go to UGR or DC and get some real hp.

brag this brag that, he he he bout pissed myself

I guess you missed a couple messages or decided to ignore them...

I will honestly say that I don't care how many runs you have made if you have...

Mike (Nowwhat) original post was not an attack on you but to make us aware that someone has been posting the exact same sales pitch on another board... Your the one that got his back up and attacked him.

Will (keyboard engineer #310)

Sharpimage said:
1179975770840.gif

I think the idea was to let everyone know on all the fourms of what a great
product Roe put out there. weither it's spam or not i'm not sure.. like Red
said it was done in a spam manner but pertains to our trucks.... you got me
by the balls on this one :dontknow: :D :D :D :D

Sharpi

No no...I was just "screwing";) around ...since he has the ROE on it, and I am certainly glad to hear he is working on 14k miles without an event:rock:
Just wondering if it is the sidewinder we saw when we were at ROE over a year ago:dontknow: or the top mount:dontknow:

ROE has always been good to me, and I am extremely happy with the SC:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Manic said:
I guess you missed a couple messages or decided to ignore them...

I will honestly say that I don't care how many runs you have made if you have...

Mike (Nowwhat) original post was not an attack on you but to make us aware that someone has been posting the exact same sales pitch on another board... Your the one that got his back up and attacked him.

Will (keyboard engineer #310)

Concurr...Keyboard Engineer #24....:D

Boy we sure do not want any new people with experience or knowledge around here. We do a good job of alienating just because we do not like there internet tact. Do we only have room for the tactless members we hold in regard?

Sure the first post came off a little spam like since it was posted elsewhere. Heck, how many of our loyal memebers double post both sites? We are making ourselves into this elitist group much like the viper boards. It is not fun anymore.

Stinker, you have a great ride, and you have done some really nice things for our trucks. I want one of your rear axels in time. But darn man lighten up. He never claimed to have the bad truck on the block. He never touted his truck as the race truck. We attack when people have no credibility, I feel he was trying to quantify his opinnion.

Nowwhat, no doubt your build has been systematic and is proof of your dedication. Your first post was less attacking than the response he came back with true enough. But his response back was fueled by the mob mentality we as a board displayed.

Nowwhat and Stinker, like it or not, you are the defacto leaders of the board right now. A lot of members follow you under the name of "Brother" & "Family". And both of you have started threads about board behavior. Lead the way to higher ground. It is a good thing to challenge and debate, but use tact in rebuttal until tact is proven ineffective. Give a new guy the benfit of the doubt while also mentoring on our board culture and etiquette.

As has been posted a lot recently - Things Need to Change. We are ripping ourselves apart. One hint of blood, and we attack mob style. Maybe we can start welcoming brother style like we so valiantly proclaim. I know I would be tollerant of my brother while I took the time to teach him the rules of my house.

Last edited:
Everybody step back and take a deep breath.

I personally am aware of Mr. Grant and met him at the track a few years ago when he was running the NHRA pro stock circuit. The man is very knowledgeable and has vast experiance in the high performance world.

When I had my carb & FI shop I purchased many of his products in bulk as they were top notch and worked well.

I see the man coming here and putting out information from his experiance and nothing more. He has a truck that is a daily driver and his "work truck". He made a very good choice in my opinion.

Would I choose a Roe for my use, no. But my plans for the red truck are different that his use. The red truck will see some track use and it gives me the potential to run higher boost #'s if I want too.

Everyone of us has his own personal choice or opinion on superchargers, turbochargers and performance mods.

I have a chosen to go with a Paxton on my daily driver and twin turbo's on my race truck. Does that make the Roe bad or not desirable. Absolutly not, in my opinion it is a very viable choice in making reliable horsepower on a stock motor.

I had a 98 Ford Expedition with a Vortec blower for 8 years. It only made 5 lbs of boost. Beacuse of that I put in a shift kit in the trans and giant cooler, and shorty headers, (the stock manifolds on the ford were very poor). That vehicle was a blast to drive and was trouble free for 111,000 miles. It was a driver and did not need to go ultra fast as the motor was stock.

With the Paxton I will be using a VEC 3 for tuning, so I have faith in what Roe sells. Roe was a vendor here for 7 months for free and chose not to stay and pay to be here. That was his choice that I personally was not fond of. Do I have anything bad to say about Roe, NO. The reason is the man is fair and honest from what I have seen and heard from members of this Forum. Many of you are personal friends of mine and I have talked to you personally about Roe and his policies and products.

Once again I think the man came here to give us his opinion, based on his experiance, and was treated poorly. If this had happened to me I probably would have responded in the same manner he did. He is a very heavy hitter in the high performance world, and beacuse of this I feel that he should have garnered a different reception than he recieved.

I am not posting this opinion as an owner of this Forum but as my personal opinion.

FSTJACK said:
Once again I think the man came here to give us his opinion, based on his experiance, and was treated poorly. If this had happened to me I probably would have responded in the same manner he did. He is a very heavy hitter in the high performance world, and beacuse of this I feel that he should have garnered a different reception than he recieved.

I am not posting this opinion as an owner of this Forum but as my personal opinion.

Thank You. Very well put.

:dito: :dito:

Lets move out of the guilty until proven innocent environment. Not everyone that posts here is trying to join the family, some are just passing through. No reason to throw stones on their way out of town.

Demon1 said:
I won't be posting any more as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
BG

I'm sorry to hear that.

Just remember that we are all individuals and some of us do and will make up our own minds and our own choices.

If some day you choose to add more insight, some of us are willing to read and learn

Thanks,

And Welcome to the Family
Even if we are a bit Weird!

deep beath taken....:D

Barry,

my name is Mike....not 10.73.....lets start this again....hello....welcome to the board....

hope you enjoy the truck.....

tinygiants said:
Boy we sure do not want any new people with experience or knowledge around here. We do a good job of alienating just because we do not like there internet tact. Do we only have room for the tactless members we hold in regard?

Sure the first post came off a little spam like since it was posted elsewhere. Heck, how many of our loyal memebers double post both sites? We are making ourselves into this elitist group much like the viper boards. It is not fun anymore.

Stinker, you have a great ride, and you have done some really nice things for our trucks. I want one of your rear axels in time. But darn man lighten up. He never claimed to have the bad truck on the block. He never touted his truck as the race truck. We attack when people have no credibility, I feel he was trying to quantify his opinnion.

Nowwhat, no doubt your build has been systematic and is proof of your dedication. Your first post was less attacking than the response he came back with true enough. But his response back was fueled by the mob mentality we as a board displayed.

Nowwhat and Stinker, like it or not, you are the defacto leaders of the board right now. A lot of members follow you under the name of "Brother" & "Family". And both of you have started threads about board behavior. Lead the way to higher ground. It is a good thing to challenge and debate, but use tact in rebuttal until tact is proven ineffective. Give a new guy the benfit of the doubt while also mentoring on our board culture and etiquette.

As has been posted a lot recently - Things Need to Change. We are ripping ourselves apart. One hint of blood, and we attack mob style. Maybe we can start welcoming brother style like we so valiantly proclaim. I know I would be tollerant of my brother while I took the time to teach him the rules of my house.
yes sir I is sorry , musta been the bud light:p

Barry, I'm about 30 minutes from Charlotte, and would love to see your SC setup. If you are still reading, PM me when you get a chance.

Ron

not a long wait

Deibs said:
Why would Roe have to spam? :dontknow: Aren't they backup on orders? I know when i went on the list i was #72 back in September/October. I know that not all 72 ordered, probably like 20 but still those are damn good #'s for a one-off kit!!!!

The Roe kit is great for people wanting a FI mod without having to pay attention to tranny/engine.

Talked to Dave Venski Friday. he said they are caught up on s/c kits now and turnaround is very fast. like just a few days.

Perry

Nice post

tinygiants said:

Nice post Dale.

Perry

Damn guys, haven't we kicked enough gravel on each other's shoes over the last few days? Let's all get back to drinking beer, posting nekkid women, and talking about trucks, can we?

Heck Steve, the women don't have to be undressed...I still love the pictures of your wife in her swimming suit!

FSTJACK said:
I personally am aware of Mr. Grant and met him at the track a few years ago when he was running the NHRA pro stock circuit. The man is very knowledgeable and has vast experiance in the high performance world.

When I had my carb & FI shop I purchased many of his products in bulk as they were top notch and worked well.

I see the man coming here and putting out information from his experiance and nothing more. He has a truck that is a daily driver and his "work truck". He made a very good choice in my opinion.

Would I choose a Roe for my use, no. But my plans for the red truck are different that his use. The red truck will see some track use and it gives me the potential to run higher boost #'s if I want too.

Everyone of us has his own personal choice or opinion on superchargers, turbochargers and performance mods.

I have a chosen to go with a Paxton on my daily driver and twin turbo's on my race truck. Does that make the Roe bad or not desirable. Absolutly not, in my opinion it is a very viable choice in making reliable horsepower on a stock motor.

I had a 98 Ford Expedition with a Vortec blower for 8 years. It only made 5 lbs of boost. Beacuse of that I put in a shift kit in the trans and giant cooler, and shorty headers, (the stock manifolds on the ford were very poor). That vehicle was a blast to drive and was trouble free for 111,000 miles. It was a driver and did not need to go ultra fast as the motor was stock.

With the Paxton I will be using a VEC 3 for tuning, so I have faith in what Roe sells. Roe was a vendor here for 7 months for free and chose not to stay and pay to be here. That was his choice that I personally was not fond of. Do I have anything bad to say about Roe, NO. The reason is the man is fair and honest from what I have seen and heard from members of this Forum. Many of you are personal friends of mine and I have talked to you personally about Roe and his policies and products.

Thanks Jack, and I certainly hope he did not take my post the wrong way, however I understand if he did... forgot I changed my sig pics...and there is no ROE in my pic:egg: :banghead: :dontknow: :eek: :) Therefore he would have no idea I had the ROE Sc on my truck.

Demon my sincerest apology if you had no idea I had the ROE SC on my truck, and I was in agreement with you.

It does suck that ROE is no longer a supporting vendor here, as I believe their history, experience, and customer service is top notch.

Due to them not being a vendor.... I do not routinely bring up the ROE SC, as I feel that it is unfair to our supporting vendor's:dontknow: :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back