Roe Supercharger long term test

tinygiants said:
Boy we sure do not want any new people with experience or knowledge around here. We do a good job of alienating just because we do not like there internet tact. Do we only have room for the tactless members we hold in regard?

Sure the first post came off a little spam like since it was posted elsewhere. Heck, how many of our loyal memebers double post both sites? We are making ourselves into this elitist group much like the viper boards. It is not fun anymore.

Stinker, you have a great ride, and you have done some really nice things for our trucks. I want one of your rear axels in time. But darn man lighten up. He never claimed to have the bad truck on the block. He never touted his truck as the race truck. We attack when people have no credibility, I feel he was trying to quantify his opinnion.

Nowwhat, no doubt your build has been systematic and is proof of your dedication. Your first post was less attacking than the response he came back with true enough. But his response back was fueled by the mob mentality we as a board displayed.

Nowwhat and Stinker, like it or not, you are the defacto leaders of the board right now. A lot of members follow you under the name of "Brother" & "Family". And both of you have started threads about board behavior. Lead the way to higher ground. It is a good thing to challenge and debate, but use tact in rebuttal until tact is proven ineffective. Give a new guy the benfit of the doubt while also mentoring on our board culture and etiquette.

As has been posted a lot recently - Things Need to Change. We are ripping ourselves apart. One hint of blood, and we attack mob style. Maybe we can start welcoming brother style like we so valiantly proclaim. I know I would be tollerant of my brother while I took the time to teach him the rules of my house.
good post dale.... i agree with you.

Wow! Just saw this thread for the first time.......I don't know what to say.:dontknow:

Sorry for the less than warm welcome Mr. Grant. :eek:

I hope you decide to stick around.

Back to the topic. Roe Supercharger, i want to do one in the future but my truck will go to the track. Has anyone dropped a real time with the roe?

Speed Racer said:
Talked to Dave Venski Friday. he said they are caught up on s/c kits now and turnaround is very fast. like just a few days.

Perry

YOU ARE GOD! THANK YOU! i've been trying to find out what the turn around
time was for ordering a SC... now that you have informed me i'm super siked :D

Sharpi

Stinker said:
yes sir I is sorry , musta been the bud light:p

Geez, imagine the words that woulda come out of your fingertips if you drank REAL beer (yes, one can chew on a lot of the beer I drink, but it's usually well over 7%).:p

Maybe guys like Barry just think they have instant 'board cred' wherever they go, and don't have to bother introducing themselves BEFORE launching into what, at first, seems like an advertisement. Further, why would he be SO offended by a little nay-saying about the nature of his post, to the point that he felt he needed to add to the negative air around the situation.

Honsetly, IMHO, I think we've become somewhat clique-ish. Good, bad, or otherwise, we've become so out of our shared experiences (most going back a loooong way with this truck). Even so, I see damned few welcomes to this board that are anything less than totally, well, welcoming. Maybe it just takes a little modesty when posting up the first time.:eek:

On one hand, I feel kinda bad for the response he got. On the other, if he doesn't have very thick skin, maybe this isn't the place for him after all. (Besides, he probably has a friend for life now in ekool.:D)

Barry, if you're still around. Nut up and take it like a man, so we can welcome you as a long-term member the forum. :)

If, according to his post he had been lurking here for awhile, he should have known what the norm is..
I think Ram From Hell has the right idea about board cred..He shoulda known it wasnt gonna go over well here..I could be the lead designer of the SRT, but if I am rude, arrogant , etc, I am sure someone would point that out...we are good like that..lol

Riff62 said:
If, according to his post he had been lurking here for awhile, he should have known what the norm is..
I think Ram From Hell has the right idea about board cred..He shoulda known it wasnt gonna go over well here..I could be the lead designer of the SRT, but if I am rude, arrogant , etc, I am sure someone would point that out...we are good like that..lol
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :D

Barry Grant is one of the most knowledgeable people you will ever meet when it comes to Drag Racing or Stock Car Racing and one hellofa good person.
All the more proof that I did good when I bought my SRT-10. Welcome to the greatest site on earth, Barry.

Sure hope Barry sticks around. We need good technical experience.

Re: Roe 1/4 mile times...I think that (besides the undocumented high 10's run by 1fast400) that NBT has a mid-12...

Everything indicates that my truck should run in the high 11's...working on traction today as we speak (in Evansville). Temps are getting high, and I am getting older by the minute...maybe I will have someone with some skill drive it at the nationals to get a good time in the 11's...then it will retire to full time street use. Maybe Nathan or Bill...if they are willing...

Or...maybe Barry would come to the Mopar Nationals and drive for me???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back