RPM Issues

PCM Internal Controller Failure is what I came up with...

You did cycle key three times and leave key on after third?
Key was in on position when using SCT? Sounds dumb but had people do that before or not be hooked to plug correctly.
Otherwise you may get with your tuner and get a restore PCM tune you can flash and start over again. Low battery, interruptions of key during flash, and other things can happen and file get corrupted. :burnout:

You did cycle key three times and leave key on after third?
Key was in on position when using SCT? Sounds dumb but had people do that before or not be hooked to plug correctly.
Otherwise you may get with your tuner and get a restore PCM tune you can flash and start over again. Low battery, interruptions of key during flash, and other things can happen and file get corrupted. :burnout:

I sure hope file is just corrupted. Contacted Torrie and he referred me back to SCT so I'll just wait to see what they say. I've disconnected both battery posts, touched them together and will reconnect tomorrow to see if that resets anything. Thanks for all the help. I'm already looking for a new PCM just in case.

I sure hope file is just corrupted. Contacted Torrie and he referred me back to SCT so I'll just wait to see what they say. I've disconnected both battery posts, touched them together and will reconnect tomorrow to see if that resets anything. Thanks for all the help. I'm already looking for a new PCM just in case.

Hope that's not your prob. I'm thinking SCT restore file will fix it. Possibly battery disconnect does it for ya:rock:

That's actually what I was doing but the SCT kept saying the upload failed then I got the P0601.

Ok, with key on try your power locks, windows, check done light, etc. there's a fuse by two airbag fuses that goes to PCM/ALDL and I've seen the SCT short that fuse before. Airbag fuses have yellow covers and this fuse is right by them. Seems like # 57? Not by truck yet but will check:rock:
Also want you to disconnect the three plugs on PCM and have a look at pins and reinstall. Possible bad connection there. Gonna help you narrow it down sir.
May still need repair file from SCT but let's make sure. :burnout:

Ok, with key on try your power locks, windows, check done light, etc. there's a fuse by two airbag fuses that goes to PCM/ALDL and I've seen the SCT short that fuse before. Airbag fuses have yellow covers and this fuse is right by them. Seems like # 57? Not by truck yet but will check:rock:
Also want you to disconnect the three plugs on PCM and have a look at pins and reinstall. Possible bad connection there. Gonna help you narrow it down sir.

You're the man...appreciate you walking me thru this. I'll check as soon as I get home today and report back. Thanks!

Why don’t you try to post your question on one more forum. I don’t think everyone knows about your problem yet.

So I did everything you said and the code is gone. The SCT allowed me to return to stock tune, however, I still have the surge which started this post. I've driven it a couple of times just to see if it would clear up but surge is still there regardless if it's in park, neutral, or drive. The code still hasn't returned so thank you for that!!!

So I did everything you said and the code is gone. The SCT allowed me to return to stock tune, however, I still have the surge which started this post. I've driven it a couple of times just to see if it would clear up but surge is still there regardless if it's in park, neutral, or drive. The code still hasn't returned so thank you for that!!!

No prob. Now just drive it a bit and see if we get a code for anything. For you to smell the cats burning off we're getting too much fuel for some reason. Bad plug,wire, sticking injector, O2 sensor, etc.
Good Luck

No prob. Now just drive it a bit and see if we get a code for anything. For you to smell the cats burning off we're getting too much fuel for some reason. Bad plug,wire, sticking injector, O2 sensor, etc.
Good Luck

Ok...I don't smell anything now. Thanks!

Hey so just to make sure, I looked at my IAC and realized I only changed my TPS. The IAC was nasty and frozen stuck. I tried cleaning it AGAIN with carb cleaner and it didn't free up at all. I could actually unscrew it to expose the spring but couldn't compress it. Does anyone know what would happen if I just disassembled the IAC and reinstalled it without the plunger?

Last edited:
Hey so just to make sure, I looked at my IAC and realized I only changed my TPS. The IAC was nasty and frozen stuck. I tried cleaning it AGAIN with carb cleaner and it didn't free up at all. I could actually unscrew it to expose the spring but couldn't compress it. Does anyone know what would happen if I just disassembled the IAC and reinstalled it without the plunger?

Your idle will scream through the roof as its a permanent vacuum leak if you do that. New IAC is your fix it sounds bro. :)

Why not just get a new one?

Back