Saleen F150

Kick his A$$ :burnout: That truck looks cool but the bottom line is power to wieght ratio, it makes less power then our trucks and wieghs almost as much, its a big heavy pig, SPANK HIM!!!
On a side note I had a run with an "L" the other day, was funny, older guy driving prob early 50's. He turn the corner onto RT40 and I was behind him, I was being good, just slowly winding up the gears got along side of him not looking to race and he looks over at me and then I hear his truck down shift, I just put it into 3rd so I'm at the bottom and he got a tiny jump on me, by the time I hit the top of 3rd I had 3+ cars on him, shifted to 4th and he gained a little on me then I walked away again 3+cars on him. He catches up at the next red light 3 or 4 miles up and gives me the thumbs up, when it went green I hammered it and did a nice :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
The car behind me didn't move at first I think I scared her as I pitched it alittle sides ways :rock:

There are 2 versions of the truck I'm assuming your friend has the S/C version which comes in at 450 bhp and 500 ftlb torque. If you are both stock you should beat him with no problem. If he has the N/A version I would spot him 3 cars, and he still would not have a chance. You will be racing a stock F150 with a boby kit.

he has the supercharged version, we went out last night, great private road, about 50 feet wide, a mile long......it use to be used as a farm craft airport about 30 years ago.......we ran 3 races, first one he didnt even get off the line, claimed i jumped the horn......2nd one he quit about 500 feet after the start saying that his side of the road had a bad bump, so we moved up about 500 feet for the 3rd race......halfway down the road he slowed, i had him by a good 6 lengths after about 10 seconds........his statement afterwards " damn, this truck isnt as fast as it sounds" all i could do was laugh cause i couldnt agree more, he paid 70K for it because he got saleen yellow which is a 20K upgrade.....its the most disappointing truck on the road i would safely say. all show, no go

Great kill, but be very careful. If decides to get an exhaust, tune and changes his pulleys it will be a different story all together. You would be surprised to say the least. Those engines will give out some serious power if modded right for less than 5k.

guinnessboy said:
from what ive seen online the truck runs much lower than it should according to its power, they show a 1/4 in the low 15's.... 0-60 around 6.5...done deal, its on next time i see him. truck looks and sounds much faster than the numbers tell

You dont have your stage 2 Flash yet??

good kill!!!
Isn't that truck and the stage3 roush trucks the same
the 1 I ran was a 4 door truck w/sc, but there wasnt even a race
his truck had a bigger pully & the break-n chip was gone
not even close.
Glad u spanked dat azz!!!!!!

guinnessboy said:
he has the supercharged version, we went out last night, great private road, about 50 feet wide, a mile long......it use to be used as a farm craft airport about 30 years ago.......we ran 3 races, first one he didnt even get off the line, claimed i jumped the horn......2nd one he quit about 500 feet after the start saying that his side of the road had a bad bump, so we moved up about 500 feet for the 3rd race......halfway down the road he slowed, i had him by a good 6 lengths after about 10 seconds........his statement afterwards " damn, this truck isnt as fast as it sounds" all i could do was laugh cause i couldnt agree more, he paid 70K for it because he got saleen yellow which is a 20K upgrade.....its the most disappointing truck on the road i would safely say. all show, no go

Congratulations!

oldguy

guinnessboy said:
Damn, i feel like i just got done watching an episode of Kung Fu

Not Kung Fu, just competitive as hell......love competition and prefer to not lose at all but for damn sure want to have at least made an effort. I've known too many folks that lived in a "coulda", "would", "shoulda" world and wound up accomplishing nothing. Looks like the majority of folks on this forum "doers".

Enjoy,
oldguy

Annu Kumar said:
You dont have your stage 2 Flash yet??

no, i got a 7yr/100k warranty thrown in on my deal......so im keeping it to the vest.......and dont let them fool you, the new handheld that dodge uses in their service dept. can detect if the chip has been swapped, it shows your entire driving history, so one asshole service manager can screw you if he wanted to.

ghosritr said:
Nice job buddy!

Next time I want to come and watch!

Rick, you should come out there, he lives back in the hills behind jefferson between murrieta and wildomar...wide open asphalt!!!!!

Good kill these trucks are really detuned just like the stage 3 Roush's. They
had tons of trans problems in the beginning so they pulled around 90hp out
of the trucks. There is a stage 3 Roush running around here with just a tune
running low 13's.

oldguysrt10 said:
Don't give advance thought to winning or losing. Race anyone that challenges. Challenge others. Any race avoided out of concern for not winning is a loss.

oldguy
Outstanding advise:rock:

guinnessboy said:

70K for the truck WTF:dontknow: 20K for Yellow paint WTF:dontknow: Ford buyers are out of there f&^kn minds.

guinnessboy said:
no, i got a 7yr/100k warranty thrown in on my deal......so im keeping it to the vest.......and dont let them fool you, the new handheld that dodge uses in their service dept. can detect if the chip has been swapped, it shows your entire driving history, so one asshole service manager can screw you if he wanted to.

Dude your missing the fun without the Stage 2. These quads are so choked up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back