SALES PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

I think its more a reflection of mgmt not the sales person. mgmt sets the rules. If I was in that position I'd have asked to speak to a manager. They are easy to find....in the dugout staring at computer screens looking busy.

When I purchased mine my sales person knew I was serious as we had communicated via email for almost 2 weeks. Everything went well including test drive. I did have issue with F&I (even though i paid in full at time of purchase) they wanted to upsale all the add on's. When it came time to decline and get the final contract in front of me they kept adding $ to 'other' categories i.e. DMV fee's etc. After the 5-6th contract was declined by me I told the F&I person that if she brought any contract with anything other than agreed upon price that I previously agreed upon via email I'd walk. She huffed and tried to call my bluff about walking then stated she'd have to talk with the GM directly. I told her I didnt care if she had to call God...if a contract was not on the desk by the time I finished my water I was out of there. She came back in less than a minute later and wouldn't say a word to me much less even look me in the eye as she shoved the contract across the desk.

I signed the contract then filed a complaint with the dealer owner and Dodge. I had a great experience with the sales team as well as with Service and Parts dept after the sale. In fact I think many feel that Avondale Dodge (forum Sponser) does a great job particularly with folks here on the forum. Just watch out for their F&I dept...:D

FATJACK said:
He did the right thing, us salesmen can tell when you are not a real buyer. OK, I know, I am a dick:D :D :D :D
thats it i knew you're face looked like something but you finally pegged it!!!!!!!!!! a dick:rock: :rock:

FastSRT19 said:
When i was looking for an SRT10, i spotted a used black RC at a local Benz dealer when i took my girlfriend's car in for service...I asked to drive it and they said "no way, unless you put a large deposit down." :mad: I was like WTF, ok...they were total dicks about it.:dontknow: Going on about how "nobody is driving that truck unless they buy it" and every "punk kid" has asked to drive it. I told the manager i'm no punk i'm a 35 year old guy that, if i liked the truck, i would buy it that day. Still no luck.
After the benz was serviced, i went home, grabbed my GSXR 1000, rode to my local Dodge dealer, who i know just got in a CE, and traded the bike in, and drove out in CE #19 an hour later. My first stop was at the Benz dealer to show the dickheads my new truck:D The looks i got were priceless...

I called the next day to complain about this to the owner...he did not seem happy about the whole thing and asked what he could do. I told him it was too late, i bought a new one. Dealers are dicks sometimes.

I love it !!!!!! :rock:

BAD-RC said:
thats it i knew you're face looked like something but you finally pegged it!!!!!!!!!! a dick:rock: :rock:
Damn, I thought we were closer than that!!!!:( :(

without reading all the posts. go to another dealship and buy the same truck from them. then they do a transfer from lot to lot and they lose the commission and only make $250 for transferring it, also if you know the other lot owner he can tell you the real price of the truck.... and sell it way cheaper then the dealer was asking.

BAD-RC said:
I stopped in at a local chevy dealership today to look at a truck they just got on the lot. Its a 2005 SRT 10 quad cab in black. so I pull up and get out of my SRT 10 to look at the truck. The salesman comes over as I'm assesing the exterior and introduces him self. I tell him the truck looks ok but if he had the keys I wanted to check it out in side. The first words out of his mouth is "I can't let you test drive it" I told him whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. do you expect me to purchase this truck without even a test drive? he replied "no you don't have to purchase it but I have to get you approved for finacing first because it is what it is". I told him dude I drove one with a few mods in here today and drive it whenever I please and you wont let me take this bone stock qc for a drive. He replied with "I'm sorry thats how it is when you have a truck with this much power on the lot". I told him that he could keep his truck I'm no longer intersted in any part of the dealership and left the lot sideways. I BELIVE SALESMEN KILL THE AUTO INDUSTRY.

Hey jack your right I like you alot but you said it and I went with it!!

From my experience at the dealer, ask the service writers what salesman they recommend. Sometimes the service writer is more of a crook than the salesman but you get my point.

Some years ago wifey wanted a Volkswagen Scirocco soooooooo I packed my ice box( knowing this would be an all day battle with the sales people)
and off we went.
Sure enough, a few hours of bartering later we arrived at a price,but, they would not put it on paper unless we bought it right then using their financing.

Well I was fed up so i told the idjut( sales manager ) to forget it we would just go to Walters and by a Mercedes........the idjut manager finally agreed to put it all on paper,( a firm agreed price) but said he could not be sure that car would be there when we got back from the bank ( we had beaten the jackass down to a real good price by then) soooooooooooooooo
I said "the signs outside says you take Visa ,MC, Etc. and he replied they did :D ( with a weird look on his face) cause most of the time I look like a bum. hehehe
Well, when I whipped out my card and said I'll take it he almost passed out:rock: I will have to verify this card you know , he said, and left for a minute. He came back looking bewildered and said" not many people can buy a car with a credit card" and begrudgingly gave me the papers to sign. We did , got in the car and left. He was shaking his head LOL

We had done our homework and got a really (near cost) price and because of the runaround he now had to choke down the Credit Card fees ( paid the card off the next day) and I am sure they lost money on the deal!!!!!:rock:

Try it some time they almost collapse :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

includemeout said:
Some years ago wifey wanted a Volkswagen Scirocco soooooooo I packed my ice box( knowing this would be an all day battle with the sales people)
and off we went.
Sure enough, a few hours of bartering later we arrived at a price,but, they would not put it on paper unless we bought it right then using their financing.

Well I was fed up so i told the idjut( sales manager ) to forget it we would just go to Walters and by a Mercedes........the idjut manager finally agreed to put it all on paper,( a firm agreed price) but said he could not be sure that car would be there when we got back from the bank ( we had beaten the jackass down to a real good price by then) soooooooooooooooo
I said "the signs outside says you take Visa ,MC, Etc. and he replied they did :D ( with a weird look on his face) cause most of the time I look like a bum. hehehe
Well, when I whipped out my card and said I'll take it he almost passed out:rock: I will have to verify this card you know , he said, and left for a minute. He came back looking bewildered and said" not many people can buy a car with a credit card" and begrudgingly gave me the papers to sign. We did , got in the car and left. He was shaking his head LOL

We had done our homework and got a really (near cost) price and because of the runaround he now had to choke down the Credit Card fees ( paid the card off the next day) and I am sure they lost money on the deal!!!!!:rock:

Try it some time they almost collapse :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I did this when I was 17. Kept going from dealer to dealer and on one would help me. Cut off jeans, surfer t-shirt i'm sure, and flip flops. Not to mention my hair. No one wanted to deal with a kid. So finally I got help at a GM dealer when looking at a brand new Z28 camaro. Got the price down and handed them the card. At first they told me they couldnt take it. Finally after talking with the manager they accepted.

walbert said:
I did this when I was 17. Kept going from dealer to dealer and on one would help me. Cut off jeans, surfer t-shirt i'm sure, and flip flops. Not to mention my hair. No one wanted to deal with a kid. So finally I got help at a GM dealer when looking at a brand new Z28 camaro. Got the price down and handed them the card. At first they told me they couldnt take it. Finally after talking with the manager they accepted.
Right on:rock: :rock: :rock: They have to take the Cards if the advertize:
We accept MC, Visa, Ect.:D :D :D :D
The sales people will never learn to Not judge the book by the cover.

Definely a doosh bag for a sales man my dealer had keys in hand begging me to test drive my now 2006 SRT 10

BAD-RC said:
I stopped in at a local chevy dealership today to look at a truck they just got on the lot. Its a 2005 SRT 10 quad cab in black. so I pull up and get out of my SRT 10 to look at the truck. The salesman comes over as I'm assesing the exterior and introduces him self. I tell him the truck looks ok but if he had the keys I wanted to check it out in side. The first words out of his mouth is "I can't let you test drive it" I told him whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. do you expect me to purchase this truck without even a test drive? he replied "no you don't have to purchase it but I have to get you approved for finacing first because it is what it is". I told him dude I drove one with a few mods in here today and drive it whenever I please and you wont let me take this bone stock qc for a drive. He replied with "I'm sorry thats how it is when you have a truck with this much power on the lot". I told him that he could keep his truck I'm no longer intersted in any part of the dealership and left the lot sideways. I BELIVE SALESMEN KILL THE AUTO INDUSTRY.

The problem here, uhhhh, angry BAD-RC Dude is that salesman basically couldn't think for himself. The facility probably has a strict policy regarding high performance vehicles that they apply generally across the board with everyone showing interest in one. Now, in your situation an exception could have definately been made. Since you drove one in they should have known you weren't there for a joy ride. That common curiosity would have been out of your system already. What he should have done was act all enthused to see yours and make sure it's yours then, let you check out theirs and even ride along with you if that made him feel better.. I would have done like you and rolled out of there without looking back.

Venom Power said:
The problem here, uhhhh, angry BAD-RC Dude is that salesman basically couldn't think for himself. The facility probably has a strict policy regarding high performance vehicles that they apply generally across the board with everyone showing interest in one. Now, in your situation an exception could have definately been made. Since you drove one in they should have known you weren't there for a joy ride. That common curiosity would have been out of your system already. What he should have done was act all enthused to see yours and make sure it's yours then, let you check out theirs and even ride along with you if that made him feel better.. I would have done like you and rolled out of there without looking back.
You gonna make a good car salesman someday:p :p :p :D :D :marchmellow:

Stinker said:
my good friend is a salesman at the local ford dealership........

he is a dick:D

another good friend is an owner of a dodge dealership...........

he also is a dick:D

soooo you tend to like dicks?? :D

I never would have pegged you that way... :p

I wanted to try on a Toyota Supra way back when to see if I could fit. Salesman said they didn't have any on the lot but if I wanted to put down a $500 deposit they would try to get one in. Now I have no idea whether or not I could even drive the thing and he wants me to put down money on one? Outta here!

lol that same thing happened to me when I pulled up in my BMW, but after I told him I purchased a truck their last month and I paid CASH! for it (I didn't really buy a truck, but my brother did, which is the same thing) and I wanted to speak to the GM he was I'm sorry sir I didn't know and I'll bring you the keys right now.

8 months before this I wanted to drive a mustang Shelby 500 that they had in the parking lot and the guy shows up with a gt 300(slow ass hell I think it just had the stickers because that thing was a tank) and tells me the shelby as no gas and they wont get any till tomorrow and I'll have to put down a deposit. That guy was a fag bringing me another car that still pisses me off

oo and before that I went to a chevy dealer and wanted to drive a silverado SS and I told that to the idiot salesman I had who was dumbass hell and the guy tells me alright I'll get one right now and he comes back with a tiny ugly work truck and told me this is better and they don't have an SS. when he showed up in that truck and told me that I just went off on the guy. does that make any senses to you guys? to say you have a truck that you don't have and bring the ugliest truck in the lot? who does that? he could have just said we don't have one instead of having me wait for him in 100 degree weather and wasting my time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back