Sneak peak

In my world (Roe SC) the intake is directly in the engine compartment...I use water/meth to cool the charge as it inters the throttle body...it is advantageous to hit the meth a couple of times before going WOT to cool the metal parts on the intake system so when WOT occurs the meth is working to cool the air and not the intake path. Just seems to me that a lower ambient temp at the intake point and subsequent points would create an opportunity for more power.

I really find it hard to believe that no other shop would be willing to take a project on like this. Shops make money per hour, so hard for me to believe no one would be willing to take this on. Gonna have to do some homework i guess...

blackviper said:
It's definitely the way these trucks should have come. The vents are incredibly functional. They sit right over the headers. I bet the under hood temperatures will drop at least 50 to 100 degress. I'm still working on functional fender vents but I just haven't found the right ones yet.

George can you clear you mailbox so i can send you a private message

Prof said:
In my world (Roe SC) the intake is directly in the engine compartment...I use water/meth to cool the charge as it inters the throttle body...it is advantageous to hit the meth a couple of times before going WOT to cool the metal parts on the intake system so when WOT occurs the meth is working to cool the air and not the intake path. Just seems to me that a lower ambient temp at the intake point and subsequent points would create an opportunity for more power.

You're kidding, right? I thought the Roe SC came with a little baffle that drew air in from the hood scoop.:dontknow:

Pulling air from under the hood wouldn't make sense at all. That would needlessly hinder performance. IAT's would be quite a bit higher than with a CAI of some kind, resulting in plenty of additional heat soak too. No wonder you find a few shots of meth prior to a run or dyno pull makes a difference.:eek: My IAT's were almost always within +20 degrees of ambient air temp (OK, so the big intercooler helps, being in the Paxton world :D ).

Ram From Hell said:
You're kidding, right? I thought the Roe SC came with a little baffle that drew air in from the hood scoop.:dontknow:

Pulling air from under the hood wouldn't make sense at all. That would needlessly hinder performance. IAT's would be quite a bit higher than with a CAI of some kind, resulting in plenty of additional heat soak too. No wonder you find a few shots of meth prior to a run or dyno pull makes a difference.:eek: My IAT's were almost always within +20 degrees of ambient air temp (OK, so the big intercooler helps, being in the Paxton world :D ).

The scoop on the hood is an exit...not an entry...counter intuitive isn't it!? There seems to be so much air coming from under the engine that air is forced out the scoop. All that air picks up heat as it passes through the engine compartment...the shape of the nose of the truck creates a vacuum at the opening of the scoop and that provides extra incentive for air to exit via the scoop...you will find few if any bugs in the mesh at the front of the scoop...they are pushed up and over the hood scoop by escaping air rather than drawn in...

The Roe deflector tries to capture air from the radiator/oil cooler area and deflect air away from the intake that has passed through the engine compartment and over the hot engine.

I don't use the deflector...it hides that beautiful engine...bling is important. :D

That is my understanding, but I have been wrong very often in my life.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back