SoCal Fires

Our California tax dollars are hard at work. If raising taxes to support more firefighters is in order I'd back it 100%. If it saves 1 life it's worth the extra tax. God bless all that are in Danger.

SrtBrad said:
Our California tax dollars are hard at work. If raising taxes to support more firefighters is in order I'd back it 100%. If it saves 1 life it's worth the extra tax. God bless all that are in Danger.

Yes and amen................

D

Django said:
We, in San Diego are surrounded by fires.... Many folks in the North County areas of Poway, Rancho Bernardo and Escondido have been and are being evacuated.....

Please pray for all the folks in this area....... The fires are widespread and are threatening thousands of homes here......

Everyone please check in.....

God protect you and your family....

D

D My prayers are out. Best Of luck and May God help everyone through this tragic event

Man guys keep us updated....someone needs to start a new thread
Up-Date California Fires....keep all of us up dated.

You guys be careful.....damn winds/dry air/heat/drought conditions.

My sis got evacuated from Ramona last night.. She had enough time to grab her dogs and some irreplaceables like family pictures. The neighbors had to leave their horses/animals behind :(
5 hours later, the hotel she was staying at in Poway got evacuated as well.. She says she saw the ridge that she lives on in Ramona on fire during one of the news coverages.. so it's quite possible she lost her house. It's a terrible situation there and just seems to be getting worse.
Folks of San Diego areas are in my prayers tonight.

What a terrible situation. My heart goes out to all those effected. :eek: :(

I feel so helpless...many friends in trouble and all I can do is pray.

Be safe brothers.

Roy

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Anybody have any idea how close any of these fires are to Lancaster? I can't get a hold of my father, and that's where he lives.

Our prayers go out to all those in danger. I know the helplessness we felt when Katrina came through, I can only imagine the wind plus the fire. You guys stay safe, you can replace material things but not human life.

ntw0rk said:
My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Anybody have any idea how close any of these fires are to Lancaster? I can't get a hold of my father, and that's where he lives.

Lancaster is currently in the clear....the winds are blowing all flames AWAY FROM Lancaster....

Malibu.....

Winds are dying down to 10mph....the winds are actually causing helpful backfires right now....dozers are cutting breaks....bombers are dropping fire repellant....no crews on the ground....they just let it burn up to the houses then hit it....

The sherriffs are driving up my street on loud speakers....evacs are still voluntary.....

Thanks Mike. How are you and yours? In danger, or in the clear?

Also, just so everyone knows, I know that FEMA is near, and ready to help.

I was in San Diego helping out with the fires in a few years ago.

ntw0rk said:
Thanks Mike. How are you and yours? In danger, or in the clear?

Also, just so everyone knows, I know that FEMA is near, and ready to help.

I was in San Diego helping out with the fires in a few years ago.

If you were here for the Cedar fire in '04.....Then you remember this.... it's a big shot of my current avi....:( Thanks for your help, Sammy.

Mike's right on about Lancaster.....They aren't at risk....

D

Wow, that picture is very eerie. . .

Django said:
If you were here for the Cedar fire in '04.....Then you remember this.... it's a big shot of my current avi....:( Thanks for your help, Sammy.

Mike's right on about Lancaster.....They aren't at risk....

D
It would have been before '04, I was here working the hurricanes. I can't remember the year, maybe 02??

I just got off of the phone with my old boss' boss! He is in the area "Ramping Up" as they like to call it. So, rest assured that FEMA's best logistician is in the area!! (And that's really not an exaggeration!) This guy can GET THINGS DONE!! Help is there! I have already put out the word that I am available to help too.

Stay out of harms way guys! Stay safe!!!

Beers are on me if ya' come out here, Sammy...

Thanks to you all..... That means Annu, too.........;)

D

Last edited:
I got evacuated this AM, so of course I stayed and took pictures!

I think (hopefully) my home is safe for tonight.

I have a ton more pics but these were my favorites

fireday2-136.jpg

fireday2-143.jpg

fireday2-156.jpg

fireday2-169.jpg

fireday2-177.jpg

fireday2-178.jpg

fireday2-208.jpg

fireday2-244.jpg

fireday2-251.jpg

fireday2-259.jpg

fireday2-299.jpg