Some pics from 4th of July and my black hemi wheels.

boosted635 said:
LMAO, you gotta stop breakin' stuff first :p

p.s. (I won't be at this months challenge, hope you guys know the date was changed from 7/18 to 7/25)

Challenge ??

bring it to breakaway in september to the GTG there will be plenty of 10's there to try out. destin isnt that far away

spyder1337 said:
These trucks seem to be pretty decent with tires if they are basic bolt ons, after that they run the same times with alot more mph typically. Am I wrong? BTW, i'd like to know what the DA was that day in December. I wish I could run my truck in something other than 80 degrees and Florida humidity.

here is a Vid for you, take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_QwDzQeFBM

VIPER said:
Challenge ??

I help organize a monthly "Truck Challenge" race at our local dragstrip.
3 qualifying rounds, followed by bracket racing down to a winner.
We also have a Mopar, Mustang, Corvette, GM and Import Challenges on the same night. The winner of each challenge class races off to determine "King of the Track" for the month.
It is trophy racing to keep it fun (side bets are allowed) and we tally points all year to determine a year end winner. The Champion gets to go to the track awards banquet + any other odds and ends we can arrange from sponsors.
Last years winner won a track "Gold Card" allowing free entry to T&T and all Challenge races for a year.

boosted635 said:
I help organize a monthly "Truck Challenge" race at our local dragstrip.
3 qualifying rounds, followed by bracket racing down to a winner.
We also have a Mopar, Mustang, Corvette, GM and Import Challenges on the same night. The winner of each challenge class races off to determine "King of the Track" for the month.
It is trophy racing to keep it fun (side bets are allowed) and we tally points all year to determine a year end winner. The Champion gets to go to the track awards banquet + any other odds and ends we can arrange from sponsors.
Last years winner won a track "Gold Card" allowing free entry to T&T and all Challenge races for a year.

niceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

VIPER said:
niceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

:rock:
We have a LOT of fun! It has been a blast and helped bring almost ALL the truck guys in our area together as friends, regardless of make... which was our main goal.
Now on any given T&T we already know and can trust the guys running next to us and we function more as a family instead of being "stand off-ish".
Let's face it,,, be it the SRT10, L's, etc we are all wacked to be racing heavy trucks anyway! We are all a special breed IMO.
But I can tell you this,,,, our truck guys / gals are always the ones at the track with the tents, BBQ's and a party LOL :D

edit: appologies to the OP for getting off topic.

boosted635 said:
:rock:
We have a LOT of fun! It has been a blast and helped bring almost ALL the truck guys in our area together as friends, regardless of make... which was our main goal.
Now on any given T&T we already know and can trust the guys running next to us and we function more as a family instead of being "stand off-ish".
Let's face it,,, be it the SRT10, L's, etc we are all wacked to be racing heavy trucks anyway! We are all a special breed IMO.
But I can tell you this,,,, our truck guys / gals are always the ones at the track with the tents, BBQ's and a party LOL :D

edit: appologies to the OP for getting off topic.

i agree 100% only if there was more " L " guyz like you........ :) well said !!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

ohh and i know us " 10 guyz " talk alot of shit as well, but you have to admit, there nothin like running a ligthing vs srt10 it will be the battle of the age's for many moons to come, but at the end of the day you much have FUN and laugh about it.... if not there it not worth doing !!!!

boosted635 said:
LMAO, you gotta stop breakin' stuff first :p

p.s. (I won't be at this months challenge, hope you guys know the date was changed from 7/18 to 7/25)

Hey brother,How have you been doing,Long time no see!!
I don't know what happened that day??I heard this loud noise in the trans and then It went away:dontknow: .Wound up running back to back 12.0s and an 11.90.I,m sure if it returns,It will be ugly!!:D I'm going to try to make it down there for the next shootout if possible.I'm still wait to see you run;)

Thanks Viper, I agree. I have had a good time with Mickey, Chad (Rice Eater) and Alex (LitemUP) and a few of the other Florida VTCOA guys. We draw a lot of attention when we run each other at the track :D

1qksrt said:
Hey brother,How have you been doing,Long time no see!!
I don't know what happened that day??I heard this loud noise in the trans and then It went away:dontknow: .Wound up running back to back 12.0s and an 11.90.I,m sure if it returns,It will be ugly!!:D I'm going to try to make it down there for the next shootout if possible.I'm still wait to see you run;)

Happy to hear it is okay!
I have been laying low. I finished my state and national EMT liscensing and am currently having my butt handed to me in the Fire Academy... just can't afford to break the truck racing right now :(
I am still a little lean on the tune, can't seem to get it right since they changed to this Ethanol blended crap.
But I still pay race fees to support our group and come hang out when off from school.
Just FYI - I have been crewing for Fred (red caged L) and have his truck running consistant 10.6's in the heat, and Matt is right there now also, but he will have to dial back at the challenge - no 6 point yet!
Might be two street legal L's chasing 9's when we get cool air :rock:

I've been to breakaway before. I normally go to ECD over at holt. Didn't know a truck challenge took place. I'll have to check that out this fall, wouldn't mind running some other trucks. I'm not to far away either. My truck goes into XXX within the next few weeks to get the new motor and a few other things.

What is the track schedule for the truck days?

spyder1337 said:
I've been to breakaway before. I normally go to ECD over at holt. Didn't know a truck challenge took place. I'll have to check that out this fall, wouldn't mind running some other trucks. I'm not to far away either. My truck goes into XXX within the next few weeks to get the new motor and a few other things.

What is the track schedule for the truck days?

I have them posted on LR in the Florida section and I try to keep them updated here also in the events area.
The next one is on 7/25, I will have to check the LR thread again to confirm gate times.
They are held at Palm Beach International Raceway, formerly Moroso. They also post the schedule and usually any schedule changes on the track website.

boosted635 said:
I have them posted on LR in the Florida section and I try to keep them updated here also in the events area.
The next one is on 7/25, I will have to check the LR thread again to confirm gate times.
They are held at Palm Beach International Raceway, formerly Moroso. They also post the schedule and usually any schedule changes on the track website.

keep us posted!

1qksrt said:
Its all in good fun,
Hell,Bring that ford to Fl.And we'll run on o.e.m.s.There's an idea,Anyone up for a street tire shootout!!!:rock:
I know this might be a bit old but I live in WPB FL and have a Lightning. We host a truck challenge series at the PBIR once a month or so. It is open to any truck or SUV and is a bracket style racing. If you would come out that would be great to mix it up with some differant trucks. It looks like you have quit a bit done and I think there would be some very good races for you. If you cannot make the challenge come out on T&T nights there is always a hand full of Lightnings and they slack off on tech so if you a bit to fast with out a cage they will let you slide a bit.

Last edited:
woops didn't read the thread all the way to the end, Mike beat me to the punch.

I take it he's making well over 600 hp, none the less i'm impressed on street tires. Found the unicorn of the srt10 world lol.

spyder1337 said:
I take it he's making well over 600 hp, none the less i'm impressed on street tires. Found the unicorn of the srt10 world lol.

unicorn...? nah just another badazz truck, :)

there afew of us out there that are running 10 and 11's in the 1/4 :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back