Someone Crashed into my truck

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummed about the accident, but feeling better. I was on my to work on Easter Sunday morning, it had been raining and the roads were still wet. A SUV coming from the other direction lost control when going around a curve, ended up getting spun around backwards and slid into my lane. The back end of the Tahoe hit my truck head on, I tried to steer away and hit the brakes, but it was too late. She said she was doing about 50 when it happened. I got a little shook up, my knees hit the dash pretty good and got a minor cut on one. Shoulder is a little sore from where the shoulder strap of the seat belt was. She was OK too, pretty shook up though. Thankfully nobody got seriously hurt. Her insurance barely looked at my truck, and put it down as total loss with repairs over 15k. The total loss department value the truck near 26K, but I got much more into since it was paid off and have a few mods and new set of tires put on last winter. It was in excellent condition, had about 17k miles, all option but nav, and extended warranty till 2012. Hard to find one like that now, unless I come up with several thousand and get one of the few new ones sitting on the market. Decide to turn the claim over to my insurance and see what they can do. My insurance just looked at my truck and they estimate repairs of at least 13k. Not sure which way to go, not sure if my insurance can get a little more for my truck, but hope they can. If they try to repair, I know it won't be the same. So what do you guy's think?

IMG00096a.jpg

IMG00107a.jpg

IMG00098a.jpg

IMG00106a.jpg

FRONT CLIP
we use to merge cars all the time, get a fron tclip off a 1500 truck and weld it on. if the engine is still good that is.
you will never know it happened if its done right.

get a lawyer. they will get you more cash then anyone. trust me you can get more then the value of the car... without lying. it stressed you out, thats worth at least another 50K for mental anguish. call a lawyer!!!!!

Glad everyone is ok...if it were my truck, i don't think i would fix it, although a good shop can do amazing things these days. I had a 03 Grand Cherokee that had 12k in repairs after a rearend hit...it was close to perfect, but not to me. Always seemed to track strange and wear tires fast.
I agree with buying it from the insurance co. and parting it out...may be the best option $ wise.:dontknow:

scoobert said:
FRONT CLIP
we use to merge cars all the time, get a fron tclip off a 1500 truck and weld it on. if the engine is still good that is.
you will never know it happened if its done right.

get a lawyer. they will get you more cash then anyone. trust me you can get more then the value of the car... without lying. it stressed you out, thats worth at least another 50K for mental anguish. call a lawyer!!!!!

This wouldn't fly, at least here in Jersey, which is a "no-fault" state...unless you suffer some very serious injury, you won't collect a dollar, even then, its a crap-shoot.

The salvage claim is $7500 and they would cut me a check for the difference based on current nada value. Or if repaired they would compensate some for lost value due to the wreck. Talking with someone else, and waiting to see what their best offer is for a total loss and prolly just see about finding another one, already found a few on autotrader.

sorry to hear good luck on finding one to replace her you may even come out better than you think glad to hear everyones o k

FastSRT19 said:
This wouldn't fly, at least here in Jersey, which is a "no-fault" state...unless you suffer some very serious injury, you won't collect a dollar, even then, its a crap-shoot.

not no fault when someone is reckless. if she was driving too fast for conditions, not paying attn or whatever a good lawyer can get you paid.

9,000 8,999 one more bites the dust.

PhatPharmacist said:
The salvage claim is $7500 and they would cut me a check for the difference based on current nada value. Or if repaired they would compensate some for lost value due to the wreck. Talking with someone else, and waiting to see what their best offer is for a total loss and prolly just see about finding another one, already found a few on autotrader.

:argh: :argh: that hurts to see a 10 lookin like that i hope you get another 10

or get that one replaced but if you buy it back and part it out i call dibbs on the front seats :D

Glad you are ok. I would still get a "good" lawyer (I know oxymoron) to make sure you don't close a door medically by signing something you shouldn't. If they value it at 26k, I would take the truck and the difference. I bought my 20k mile '05 for just under 20k. You can part that truck out and get more than 7500. Looks like all your wheels are good plus you can recoup some of the mods that you made to put on the new truck.

sorry to see your truck like that. good luck on getting back into a 10. Whether it's that one repaired or another one.

Man that sucks and I feel for you. Hopefully you're not hurt and you get right back into another 10. There are plenty to choose from and "MmmTorque" has the best deal out there now.

do the ins. co. replace vehicles any more?????

is that an option?????

ont accept $$$ they offer, tell thm to go and get you an identical truck, I did this with My sons Nissan Titan that got hit. They were offering stupid shit $, so I told the adjuster to keep their pile of shit and find me a new one. it got me $7k more than they initially offered and they kept the salvage. Personally IMO the truck did its job and everyone is safe, time to get another one!!!!:D

thewelshm

scoobert said:
not no fault when someone is reckless. if she was driving too fast for conditions, not paying attn or whatever a good lawyer can get you paid.
I'm not one to point fingers, but didn't you "run out of road" and took a pic with 1 hand on the wheel doing 140+mph? :dontknow:

I wouldn't be so quick to give advise about suing people for reckless driving and mental anguish. :p

Glad to hear everyone was ok..the truck is replaceable :)

RedSrt007 said:
I'm not one to point fingers, but didn't you "run out of road" and took a pic with 1 hand on the wheel doing 140+mph? :dontknow:

I wouldn't be so quick to give advise about suing people for reckless driving and mental anguish. :p

Glad to hear everyone was ok..the truck is replaceable :)

Glad someone else said it! lol You were reading my mind...

scoobert said:

And the definition of reckless driving is "knowinly operating a vehicle in a willful or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of others" so i don't care how good a lawyer you have, a payout isn't going to happen.

Careless driving, now that's another story. The woman was careless in her operation, but again, without severe injury, it would be a waste of time to sue...
I only know this because it's my job. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back