Trainman's Ultimate NA Build

I was just one cog in the gear. Jerry assembled a great team. Privilege to be in it. :rock:

Great job everyone on Jerry's team! Sean, told me when I built my motor the stock oil pump is only good up to 6,000 rpm and a mod oil pump is good for 6,500 rpm. The belt drive oil pump is good for 7,500 with good engine parts. :rock:

A couple of progress pics:

20150405_152535_zpswukzjooi.jpg

20150405_133039_zpsyv5sw8r4.jpg

always wondered why they switched intakes for the trucks, anybody know?? any benefits for a more DD truck than this one in switching intakes??

always wondered why they switched intakes for the trucks, anybody know?? any benefits for a more DD truck than this one in switching intakes??
They only switched intakes for the yellow trucks. That's why they are slower. The rest of the SRT10 Ram's and Viper cars have the same intake.

So now I realize the depth of the jealousy for everyone that doesn't have a YELLOW TRUCK. ...... I guess I didn't realize they changed the intake for the GENERATION, I've never seen a viper car with our intake, always the 2 port intake.

So now I realize the depth of the jealousy for everyone that doesn't have a YELLOW TRUCK. ...... I guess I didn't realize they changed the intake for the GENERATION, I've never seen a viper car with our intake, always the 2 port intake.

All gen 3 cars (03-06) have the same intake the truck does. The 2 port intake ( I assume you mean dual throttle body ) that you see in this picture is a gen 5 viper intake.

P.S. Black is beautiful. :D

Why ladder bar instead of 4 link set up? Just curious is all.

Discussed with a few experts on suspension. They felt the ladder bars are much more forgiving than 4-link. Especially if you get out of shape (fishtail) and then re-apply the power. The guy doing my suspension is well known on the west coast, he has a 4000 HP Pro Mod that runs 3.99 @ 200 in the 1/8th. I trust his judgement.

Lifters are back from Jesel, with the appropriate modifications to control the oiling problem. Engine should be going back together next week, then final dyno tuning, I will try to get video.

You guys are right on the cutting edge.
And I do mean that pun intended. :D

Update: The external oil pump arrived on Thursday. After mounting it was discovered that an odd sized belt is needed. One is being overnighted from the East and it is possible that the final dyno runs will be Saturday morning. The engine is reassembled and just waiting for the oil pump. They are expecting over 900 hp on 91 octane. I am planning on driving up to Reno on Friday and I will video the runs and photo the dyno sheets and forward them to Brad. The rear suspension needed one more part and should be done by mid-week (next week ) and shipped to A&C Performance , along with the engine from Exotic. Then final assembly, which will require some custom work to make the ARH Headers work and also a custom air intake system to feed the dual 80mm TB's. I am getting excited, it's getting close. I have really missed my truck and every time I go to Famoso with the CTS V....everyone wants to know..."WHERE IS THE TRUCK!" Get ready Lightning boys....I have a surprise for you!

What are your plans with the trans to keep it together? It's going to be begging for mercy haha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back