Trainman's Ultimate NA Build

About as quick as my street bike.... That's awesome.

How about projected trap speed?

Something tells me even with all the premeditation in the world gearing is still going to be an arguable piece of information! The entire truck is basically being transformed... something tells me that the gearing will be changed a couple times to make this do what they want on the track. But just for shits & giggles I'll say 134mph on the race gas tune.

Something tells me even with all the premeditation in the world gearing is still going to be an arguable piece of information! The entire truck is basically being transformed... something tells me that the gearing will be changed a couple times to make this do what they want on the track. But just for shits & giggles I'll say 134mph on the race gas tune.

134 is too slow. I'd say in the neighborhood of 140 - 149.

Really??? Not that I truly know but that seems fast! That's also a very broad window... There is probably a difference of 150HP or better between 140 and 149mph.

If he can trap anything in the 140's that would be crazy! :rock:

If he can trap anything in the 140's that would be crazy! :rock:
Assuming a 4200 pounds truck, He'd need 915ish at the wheels to go 140mph.

You need to stop getting high before noon :D It'd take 1100whp for a 4200 pound vehicle to trap 149mph.

Put me down for 134mph. That's based on a race weight of 4200 pounds, and flywheel horsepower of 925 on the race fuel.

Ease up everybody. I'm not planning on being in the 140 mph range. I'm hoping for at least 750 rwhp and with my current gearing and tire size the limit will be 137 @ 7000 rpm. I am not expecting speed that high. 130-134 seems reasonable. ET's in the low 10's is also expected....doing it is another thing. I've been 118 in this truck and it's a whole lot more drama than 136 mph in my CTS V. I just want to be safe. The end goal is for the quickest and fastest NA SRT-10 in the nation. I have said to reserve the # 3 spot on the fastest 10 list for me (currently @ 10.73)....and then we'll go from there depending on how the truck handles. Also the weight of the truck will be in the 4400 lb range with me in it.

I think you should look into ditching the radial tires up front and use a bias ply, my truck only wants to go straight down the track even at 125-126mph.

I think you should look into ditching the radial tires up front and use a bias ply, my truck only wants to go straight down the track even at 125-126mph.

Good advice, I already have some 18x5 Bogarts being made for the front with the idea of the new 18" M&H bias frontrunners that are new. :rock:

Good advice, I already have some 18x5 Bogarts being made for the front with the idea of the new 18" M&H bias frontrunners that are new. :rock:

Oh really, how tall are they?
Edit just looked it up, 28" tall, how much are the rims?

Last edited:
Assuming a 4200 pounds truck, He'd need 915ish at the wheels to go 140mph.

You need to stop getting high before noon :D

It'd take 1100whp for a 4200 pound vehicle to trap 149mph.

Hahaha before noon is always the best!!

Remember this is Trainman we're talking about. This engine will be fine tuned for max performance and the truck will still go on a diet!:D The initial numbers are so promising that I can see the truck reaching 1K flywheel now yielding a possible 140 MPH trap. With a different cam made I could see the trap speed up above 140. We'll see what happens.....:burnout::burnout:

:rock::rock::rock:sweet:burnout::burnout::burnout:

got 2 wonderins. one is that a p/s pump that looks like its not hooked up???

& two, ya goin dry sump lube system or just the oil pump???

Jerry, wanted to publicly say "Thank You" for letting be involved in this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back